Lets talk swtor

ebreezyman

I'm posting this thread because I for one am extremely tired of hearing nothing but haters talk bad about the game that they're logging more time on then most people do at full time jobs. I can't take reading another post talking about how horrible swtor is. My goodness people if you hate it so much why not go back to wow for the love of God please leave so we can read one post that's not hating on the game a lot of us love.

So i figured we could take this time to talk about the things that we all love about swtor "wishful thinking i know" Please anyone with negative comments go elsewhere, there's a lot of us who love the game and enjoy talking about it constructively and without criticism.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to some of the posts you dislike, criticism is not inherently a bad thing. For example, with regards to the ability delay issues, saying "The ability system is not responsive enough" is criticism, but it's not something I find distasteful. Rampant rage and negativism attached to criticism is distasteful, however.

Been playing the game for a little more than a month now and I really love it. I've never played anything like it. (Except KOTOR) I was never a fan of mmo's and I saw WoW as a game I would never play. Then SWTOR came out and I got excited. I knew I had to play it just because it was Star Wars and I was dying for something related to KOTOR.

Haven't touched my PS3 since I got this game. I'll be playing this for a long time, I know it. And hopefully a new Star Wars game will come out, Battlefront 3 anyone?

battlefront3.net :D

You know whats worse than the haters? The people who keeping saying "go back to wow".

Complaints about bugs are mostly nonsense but there are a lot of things working as intendes that are just stupid ideas. It frustrates players when there are so many things that stand out as "why would they think this is a good idea?"

A dev AND his boss and possibly multiple team members actually thought having the game assign raid loot at random was a good idea. Its hair pulling frustation that I've gotten the three exact same loots the last 3 raids while the other warrior has gotten zero items in 3 raids.

in the "negative" posts its not so much the things they're mentioning its the snarky snide remarks they make at bioware, bioware is an amazing story telling game developer and i think this game is great because

-its starwars

-characters are voice

-crafting type skills seem to be pretty good (im not that far in yet lol)

-it has potential to have an awesome community

-its starwars

-its just great, it has pretty much all the good/important parts of any other mmo except starwars.

My goodness people if you hate it so much why not go back to wow for the love of God please leave so we can read one post that's not hating on the game a lot of us love.

If I wanted to play WoW then I would but I dont like WoW. I also dont likes WoWs little brother SWTOR that copies everything WoW does.

If I wanted to play WoW then I would but I dont like WoW. I also dont likes WoWs little brother SWTOR that copies everything WoW does.

oh gosh, can you people make up your minds? I hear its a wow clone, then I hear it get ripped because it doesn't have all of Wow's "features." I get my feelings confused...please make up your mind...

The experience this game has delivered has been some of the best times I've had playing a video game. Not to say that improvement can't be made but everything I've seen in my 40 levels thus far I'm happy with.

Constructive criticism is all well and good, but the inane ************ that seems to occur is mind numbing.

"I love this game" is not constructive.

Precisely, not everyone likes the game. I admit, just ranting gets nowhere, but I have seen posts with legitimate beefs, I have a few of them myself. If you find nothing wrong with the game, fine, take your own advice, go play, why are you on the forums in the first place?

If the game wasn't so bad, people wouldn't feel disappointed as much

But it is, nuff said.

I actually judge a game by the number of haters (something I learned from WoW.) The more people hate it, the more sucessful it must be. I hardly ever hear people hating on LOTR or DnD. Why? Nobody plays them..

And you sir, are exactly the kind of people i'm talking about. If you don't like swtor why on earth are you even on the forums? Just to troll those of us that do I'm assuming because for the life of me i can't fathom your intentions for being here if you don't like the game.

Precisely, not everyone likes the game. I admit, just ranting gets nowhere, but I have seen posts with legitimate beefs, I have a few of them myself. If you find nothing wrong with the game, fine, take your own advice, go play, why are you on the forums in the first place?

If you read the thread I'm on the forums to try and get atleast one post going that has a spot for people that want to discuss things they like about the game rather than hear about how horrible and broken it is. And yes i have issues with the game also but they are by no means game breaking nor a reason to spend hours trolling the forums. I have yet to see a developer as on top of issues as bioware has been with this title. The bottom line is haters gonna hate, I'm just starting a thread where the lover's can show some love. So go on hate:D

I'm posting this thread because I for one am extremely tired of hearing nothing but haters talk bad about the game that they're logging more time on then most people do at full time jobs. I can't take reading another post talking about how horrible swtor is. My goodness people if you hate it so much why not go back to wow for the love of God please leave so we can read one post that's not hating on the game a lot of us love.

So i figured we could take this time to talk about the things that we all love about swtor "wishful thinking i know" Please anyone with negative comments go elsewhere, there's a lot of us who love the game and enjoy talking about it constructively and without criticism.

This thread should be locked because it's not providing any constructive feedback and will lead to a case of "trolling" and/or "flamming"...

I'd expect to hear this, but we know better than that..

The game has it's good points, but they don't come close to covering the many holes that this ship has. SWTOR is taking on water, Bioware needs to get moar buckets and all passengers should probably keep their floatation devices at the ready..

Edited by Opapanax

This thread should be locked because it's not providing any constructive feedback and will lead to a case of "trolling" and/or "flamming"...

I'd expect to hear this, but we know better than that..

The game has it's good points, but they don't come close to covering the many holes that this ship has. SWTOR is taking on water, Bioware needs to get moar buckets and all passengers should probably keep their floatation devices at the ready..

Why should it be locked? your leading to helping the "trolling" by not posting what the thread asks, What you like about the game. And i can't say much either because i responded to your meaningless post. So how about it can we get some positive feedback in here???

You know whats worse than the haters? The people who keeping saying "go back to wow".

Complaints about bugs are mostly nonsense but there are a lot of things working as intendes that are just stupid ideas. It frustrates players when there are so many things that stand out as "why would they think this is a good idea?"

A dev AND his boss and possibly multiple team members actually thought having the game assign raid loot at random was a good idea. Its hair pulling frustation that I've gotten the three exact same loots the last 3 raids while the other warrior has gotten zero items in 3 raids.

What is more frustrating what happened to everybody get there own loot bag !!!!!!

Then the random assign loot doesn't matter anyway go optimised your gear with the pieces, cause the tier set is mostly rubbishe, and not even optimised for any role .