KOTOR Remake

Ken-Shi

Considering the games are on entirely different engines, it wouldn't be a simple process to recreate all the models and animations, etc. You'd have to almost start from scratch, and if you're going to do all the work, why make a remake that original owners probably won't buy, when you could make a sequel that the original owners will buy?

Considering the games are on entirely different engines, it wouldn't be a simple process to recreate all the models and animations, etc. You'd have to almost start from scratch, and if you're going to do all the work, why make a remake that original owners probably won't buy, when you could make a sequel that the original owners will buy?

I'm not saying recreate all of the models and stuff, just use what is already in the game. I think it would be a nice little treat for everyone.

I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be awesome, especially if it wasn't a line for line remake and they did things like using TOR's combat for it instead of KoTOR's (because KoTOR's combat was incredibly boring), added a bunch more armour, added SGRA etc.

I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be awesome, especially if it wasn't a line for line remake and they did things like using TOR's combat for it instead of KoTOR's (because KoTOR's combat was incredibly boring), added a bunch more armour, added SGRA etc.

How about no. The games a classic, leave it the way it is. It especially doesnt need SGRA's.

Edited by Girdeux

How about no. The games a classic, leave it the way it is. It especially doesnt need SGRA's.

Just because something is a classic doesn't mean it can't be improved. KoTOR's combat system is one of the worst combat systems ever. The game had a major lack of armour and adding more would be a good thing. Also the game already had a SGRA arc. I don't see how opening up Carth and Bastila to also be romancable by same-gender would be a bad thing. It wouldn't impact you at all, unless you wanted it to. You could go through the whole game without ever having to experience it.

No but actualy need some good suport and updates, in runing the game on more recent OS. there is alot of problems with compatibility. , i know i know there is mods, but even the mods dont fix everything, they could update the game a bit, i would certainly be happy with it.

I bought it on steam the other day ( bought it again lol) was 5 euros or so :p cant remember.

and basicaly i cant play it fully well. in windows 7, with my monitor resulotion. They should improve it, as it seems even today im not the only one buying that game, i know alot of people who still buy KOTOR to play it.

That said if they updated the game, why not update the gráphics a bit. A HD experience would nice. but that is just me.

Edited by Spartanik

No but actualy need some good suport and updates, in runing the game on more recent OS. there is alot of problems with compatibility.

It had compatibility problems almost as soon as it was released on PC.

Had to roll back my ATI Catalyst drivers more than a few times, each time I wanted to play it.

It's almost ten years old now, and I honestly want to see an updated "KoTOR Saga", with both KoTOR and TSL released together. Updated for modern systems, cut content restored etc etc.

Played both games many, many times.

I wont say it was great but i loved kotors combat. All i did was spam insanity and 1shot everything. Hell my force leap alone was killing everything end game. even malak. That was on normal tho.

i bought it off steam for like 3 quid the other week and its dated horribly i mean its still starwars and such but the graphics are woeful.

I would much rather lucasarts did a complete overhall of the entire starwars franchise starting with the early doom style games with dark forces and jedi knight.

I think a reboot is in order i mean we havnt seen a new xwing game since alliance and i think that only just started to use the voodoo chipset ?

Er... okay, way to be accepting, but...

That didn't stop KoTOR from having SGRAs though.

You know it had one, right?

Edited by Malastare

Er... okay, way to be accepting, but...

That didn't stop KoTOR from having SGRAs though.

You know it had one, right?

It almost had one, and a heavily hinted at one between a party member and an npc.

Didn't address this in my first post in the thread.

Just wondering if Bioware will ever remake the original KOTOR using the TOR engine. Think it would be pretty awesome!

TOR uses an earlier version of the Hero Engine, designed for making MMOs. That is its purpose as a games engine.

If they ever do an updated version of KoTOR, they'd probably use their own engine, as they did for Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2. Can't remember the name of the engine, but it's basicly built up from the same engine that KoTOR was, which was based on the Aurora engine they made for Neverwinter Nights.

The engine for DA/DA2 is so compatible with Aurora, they are able to design levels using the Aurora tools they have and quickly and easily convert it directly for DA/DA2.

Edited by Fyurii

Yes, there was almost a lesbian romance option between a female Revan and Juhani.

It was cut from the game, along with a few other things including Sleheyron (Where Yuthura Ban had been a slave).

Juhani and Belaya (Party member and NPC) are, as I said, heavily hinted at.