What if we had a bayonet?

Tenacity

Everyone's always complaining about how akward it looks when we use knife attacks, pulling the knife out of 'nowhere' to perform attacks with it. For melee-focused operatives, especially, it looks strange always holding a blaster rifle when you're running around or in combat since most of your attacks use the knife instead.

Several companion gifts in the game are labelled as "energy blade bayonet" - so why not replace the vibroknives in the game with bayonets? The stats and everything would stay the same, only names and tooltips would change.

Animations would reflect the nature of the weapon - instead of pulling a knife out of nowhere to slash at the target, the bayonet blade activates from the barrel of your weapon and you stab or slice with it - just like when bounty hunters use gadget attacks and the 'gadget' appears on your wrist during the attack animation (flamethrower emitter, missile launcher, retractable blade, so on and so forth).

Would fit with both ACs as well, since both use rifles of varying types.

It's an interesting idea but the animations for it would be kinda cumbersome, and my awesome blaster looks better without a knife sticking out the end of it. Also as a type 4 female my gun sticks into by butt lol can you image if a knife were attached to the end.

Now if the bayonette is not attached to the gun then you get the reverse where we run around with it all day and pull our gun out of thin air when we have to shoot someone in the face.

I don't see that being an option because Vibroblades/swords and Techblades are already ingame.

Edited by Ludstar

You can have my knife when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I love it when someone thinks they can get in close and lock my sniper goodness down, only to find three huge vibroblades sticking out of their chest.

Hahaha, I love this :D

To be honest I really like the knives... I imagine them as small concealed blades (oversized in the game for visual reasons) that the Agent whips out faster than the eye can see. Don't ask me from where, probably from that same Sport Billy backpack where I store tons of scrap metal and a boutique collection of weapons and armor :p

It's an interesting idea but the animations for it would be kinda cumbersome, and my awesome blaster looks better without a knife sticking out the end of it. Also as a type 4 female my gun sticks into by butt lol can you image if a knife were attached to the end.

Now if the bayonette is not attached to the gun then you get the reverse where we run around with it all day and pull our gun out of thin air when we have to shoot someone in the face.

I don't see that being an option because Vibroblades/swords and Techblades are already ingame.

I figure an energy blade bayonet is probably similar to a lightsaber in functionality - it's just a small attachment to the underside of the barrel when not in use, but when you activate it, the blade extends.

Or simply a retractable blade would work.

Tbh i want them to scrap knives in general and give us a sidearm like we do in all the cutscenes.

Also i want them to make operatives effective range 20m, give us a pull ability and more snares/roots.. maybe some survivability or instant healing stuff to help with survivability...

theres alot of stuff i want done to this class tbh...

Tbh i want them to scrap knives in general and give us a sidearm like we do in all the cutscenes.

Also i want them to make operatives effective range 20m, give us a pull ability and more snares/roots.. maybe some survivability or instant healing stuff to help with survivability...

theres alot of stuff i want done to this class tbh...

But since that is like a complete re-design of the class, I don't see it happening, barring some new split class tree option in an ex-pac.