Pre-Mades and Warzones

Knexis

This is how I feel every time I enter a Warzone against a pre-made. I don't know many people on my server. Definitely do not know enough to make a consistent pre-made with either, so I find myself solo q'ing all the time.

Would it not be fair to only put me against other solo q'ers? I don't mind if I have to wait a few extra minutes if it means I stand a chance in the Warzone and can actually have fun.

I have noticed a significant other problems with this game's PvP also. Mainly the lack of level brackets. I understand Bolster is there, but honestly, it means nothing when I am only level 16 or 17 going against anything 30+. Possible solution...make more level brackets. Like a 10-29, and 30-49. Then have them bolster to their respective max levels. Trying to cover 10-49 in 1 bracket feels like you are just throwing PvP in the game without any care or concern.

Another problem is no AFK reporting. I have had several Warzones today alone where it was 1 player in particular would run to a safe spot in the map, where no one would see him, then camp behind a rock until the game ended so he could get some commendations. When I messaged him all he told me was "Learn to play the game". If this is supported behaviour I am going to start AFK Farming Warzones now then, might save me some frustration.

There are plenty more problems I have encountered but these are the biggest ones that get on me nerves. Anyone else feel the same way or have some other ideas that we can throw out there? Also report this post so it gets attention! lol

I primarily pvp.

I have only for sure been in two matches that I know for a fact that I was in a match with a premade. They were on our side and announced it in ops.

I have been in more than a few matches where I had a pretty good idea that I was opposing a well organized premade and it is usually easy to tell in either Huttball or the Civil war map because their strat was close to flawless and there had to be some communication going on and some practice.

A majority of the matches, even if premade groups are around, are pretty disjointed and goofy. A lot of play that is lacking strong strategy or tactics.

It is rare to see a well organized premade in the 10 to 49 bracket. When you do the game is over pretty fast. Often, even if the game is over quickly, what you are seeing is about three or four people on one side who have sound strategy, tactics and communication in the /ops channel and not a premade team.

I have three pieces of advice:

1. Hang in there. Once you learn the maps and the specific flow of each game things will not be so fast and furious. For me I describe this as the game 'slowing down'. Once you have a better tactical grasp of what is going on then you will see less emergencies and more opportunities. Also as your character advances you will become more powerful and harder to kill.

2. Experiment with different classes if you are unhappy with the one you are playing. If nothing else to reinforce that the initial class choice you made was the right one for you. I have about 13 alts at the moment that I currently pvp with. I seldom play one all night just for the sake of variety. Sometimes when I play one that I haven't played in a while I get an 'aha' moment from trying something new or watching something someone else did and see a better way to either play that toon or another one in my collection of alts.

3. Read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=267691 It is my very specific and detailed answer to the question 'Why Can't We Win a War Zone?'.

Remember that the game is a new one and there is a pretty steep learning curve. You can't just /faceroll people out of the box. With sound behavior and strategy though you can make a difference in a warzone even with a character that is level 20 and below.

--m.

Its only a matter of time until Bioware fixes it so premades are queuing against each other. Probably in 1.2 in March. Then after they realize premades don't want to really fight other premades and that queues are very long in the premade bracket they will change it so every 10-15 minutes they will get put in the solo queue so they can R Kelly puggers for 15 minutes.

Then the forums will be full of people upset about not getting guaranteed easy wins.

Edited by Rhazesx

I primarily pvp.

I have only for sure been in two matches that I know for a fact that I was in a match with a premade. They were on our side and announced it in ops.

I have been in more than a few matches where I had a pretty good idea that I was opposing a well organized premade and it is usually easy to tell in either Huttball or the Civil war map because their strat was close to flawless and there had to be some communication going on and some practice.

A majority of the matches, even if premade groups are around, are pretty disjointed and goofy. A lot of play that is lacking strong strategy or tactics.

It is rare to see a well organized premade in the 10 to 49 bracket. When you do the game is over pretty fast. Often, even if the game is over quickly, what you are seeing is about three or four people on one side who have sound strategy, tactics and communication in the /ops channel and not a premade team.

I have three pieces of advice:

1. Hang in there. Once you learn the maps and the specific flow of each game things will not be so fast and furious. For me I describe this as the game 'slowing down'. Once you have a better tactical grasp of what is going on then you will see less emergencies and more opportunities. Also as your character advances you will become more powerful and harder to kill.

2. Experiment with different classes if you are unhappy with the one you are playing. If nothing else to reinforce that the initial class choice you made was the right one for you. I have about 13 alts at the moment that I currently pvp with. I seldom play one all night just for the sake of variety. Sometimes when I play one that I haven't played in a while I get an 'aha' moment from trying something new or watching something someone else did and see a better way to either play that toon or another one in my collection of alts.

3. Read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=267691 It is my very specific and detailed answer to the question 'Why Can't We Win a War Zone?'.

Remember that the game is a new one and there is a pretty steep learning curve. You can't just /faceroll people out of the box. With sound behavior and strategy though you can make a difference in a warzone even with a character that is level 20 and below.

--m.

You offer sound advice, but frankly is not really relevant. The pre-made I have consistently lost to tn was a guild calld Horizon on my server. I have played almost all the classes and I do jump from class to class, and I know the maps and game styles very well. Recently been playing a healer, and that is also stupid. I am level 17, have 2 heal abilities that can actually heal, and they are both too long to cast to work, since I am stunned, knocked, snared, or interrupted almost 100% of the time. There are too many CC abilities tossed to ALL the classes to early, and only 1 ability that will get you out of it, on a lengthy cooldown.

Either way PvP needs to be seriously looked at and soon, because I have a feeling I may dump this MMO like many other and go back to gaming on Xbox. Its not a threat or a nerd rage, it just sucks seeing something that could be so much better be ignored and dumped on.