Michigan Check-in

KindleKat

Yeeeah about that.....Thought it would be a brill idea to get a lightup keyboard. And it was. But it lacks a num pad and num lock. I'll have to go in and rebind the keyboard keys to autorun x.x

Going without your gamer tools huh? Brave man. I was just planning my way home so that I can be on as quickly and efficiently as possible. Suggestions for the best gaming dinner?

anything that can be sucked through a straw :p

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandellWavo

Hah capital grille....Mmmmm have yet to visit but if were talking food, check out The lark in bloomfield hills if your pockets are deep! I always try to go to one restuarant a year during tax refund time and spare no expense...I suppose capital grille would compare to some degree. Fantastic French cuisine!

No, you go for the... Demonico steak.

sorry that was poor sentence structure, I uderstand the capital grille being a steakhouse..i was saying that the lark has fantastic french cuisine. like 350.00 for two people fantastic but ive seen the capital grille menu and would admit it wouldnt be hard to rach up a bill that big there either.....Surf and Turf anyone? hah

Soooo I think my Murder Mitten guild name has been overruled by my dear Canadian friends. Instead it will be Galactic Space Wizards if we can manage to get the name. Anyone notice how serious and dull all the guild names have been? "FURY" "HEROS" "AllianceSaviors" "Light Side Players". Ugh! Then again I came from WoW where guilds were always "ITrippedandFell" or "RollingwithmyGnomies". What do you look for in a guild name?

Well I don't know about anyone else, but Friday means an attempted all nighter of play for me! I'll probably be setting up the Ventrilo server tonight if anyone just wants to pop in and hang out while we play. I'll gladly PM anyone the info once I'm out of work tonight. Otherwise hop on to Canderous Ordo and say hi!

I'm surprised your Canadian friends didn't want a guild name such as "TorontoizbetterthanDetroit"

PM me your vent, I might come on and hang out with other Michiganders...

Kyle

Oh they did. But I'm a woman, they are men and I keep my pimphand strong<yeah right> when it comes to defending my city and my hockey team xD One of them in particular is heavy on the America/Canada jibes, but it is all in fun. They know I only keep them around for their accents <3

You got it. I get out of here at 5pm. Gotta figure out dinner after that sooooo I'll probably send that out about 6-6:30ish.

I don't always join a guild, but when I do, I prefer to join "Dos Equis".

In any case, I wouldn't join a guild with a silly name.

I would want something different than the poorly capitalized "HEROS" or "FURY" but still.

Enclave of Qui'lei would be the style I prefer.

Belleville here, name is jeff, 32 i play as much as i can, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. you can catch me on Luka Sene on the european english server where i play with one of my buddies from SWG. we are looking to form up an adult guild or two, one on each faction probably. Arradew and Mitano are my two most used toons...feel free to jump on the server and join me, we have a blast

I really really hoped to meet someone around my age that I'd be able to meet at a nice cigar bar or some such and get to know them and that way I'd have some friends that played that also had some interests... I think I may need to broaden my horizons.

Sterling Heights! We should all form a guild. It'd be cool to play with locals.

If interested, send me a pst. I'm on the server "The Twin Spears".

My name in game is "Infamous".

Hit me up!

Peace

Edited by Fatlace

Sterling Heights! We should all form a guild. It'd be cool to play with locals.

If interested, send me a pst. I'm on the server "The Twin Spears".

My name in game is "Infamous".

Hit me up!

Peace

The thing is that this entire thread has said Canderous is the place with Michiganders.

More and more Michiganders. Sooo awesome. Had about 2 hours to play this weekend due to friends coming in to party for the holiday, but really looking forward to adding more of you to the friend list once i have a little more time to hop on this week.

Time for another question! Did secret santa with some people this week and picked up a preorder of the game for one of them. Did anyone else get SW:ToR as a Christmas gift for a friend or family member? What made you do it? The person I got it for is not a SW fan but has played multiple MMO's and I know he'll love the gameplay.

It's amazing to hear all the QQing about server ques etc... I'm not sure how many folks were part of the early launch of WoW including BC expansion, talk about server ques and server instability...I don't think 1/2 the mmo population would have survived. Not to mention my original server was Thunderhorn, one of the first and oldest servers...ah the good old days, raids called due to the fact people would DC constantly, lag spikes galore... :)

It's amazing to hear all the QQing about server ques etc... I'm not sure how many folks were part of the early launch of WoW including BC expansion, talk about server ques and server instability...I don't think 1/2 the mmo population would have survived. Not to mention my original server was Thunderhorn, one of the first and oldest servers...ah the good old days, raids called due to the fact people would DC constantly, lag spikes galore... :)

I totally agree. I was amazed how smooth the launch has been and then I popped on the forums and you'd think it was trash and everything was breaking.

It took at least 3 weeks to be able to play WoW comfortably after launch without all the DCs and lag...and that was after you finally got onto the server. People need to take a nice deep breath and calm the hell down. Prepare something else to do while you're in queue and you'll be just fine.

Gamers, sci-fi and anime geeks are not exactly known for their rational thinking and patience when excited...but try, try hard.

Kalamazoo, locked and loaded.

I was just reminiscing about my days starting off in WoW on Earthen Ring. November 24th, 2005. Never forget.

Edited by ClydeBaneheart

Kalamazoo, locked and loaded.

I was just reminiscing about my days starting off in WoW on Earthen Ring. November 24th, 2005. Never forget.

Will you have my nerd babies!!, that being said, yes, totally agree, not sure if you remember the original Stratholme? That was the original raid, and hard as hell, so few drops, so many mobs.../shakes head...

Sorry guys, but even if another game had a worse launch in terms of quality and stability... that doesn't mean that just because it's WoW it gets a free pass or that TOR is allowed to be the same without any rational thought with complaint against it.

I wasn't seeing any problems until they shut it down before the midnight launch. I got back on instantly but the entire game was slow motion and things were crashing / disconning all over the place, even I was, and I had no problems up to the midnight launch during entire EA.

This was a pretty poor mistake on their part, and they screwed the pooch with their choices in regards to the launch.

You can argue it if you like and yeah maybe some games had it harder, but that's not an excuse when you buy a game with money with the assurance that it will "work".