PvP: Jugg V. Marauder

AureanAvra

I'm having a very tough time deciding between the Juggernaut and the Marauder for PvP. I've leveled both around 15 or so, but they both seem extremely weak at the moment, and from what I remember they didn't seem to either come into their own til about 40 or so. I'd like to level one or the other to 50 for mainly PvP. My main is a Sage.

The Marauder seems to be the best 1v1 class which is tempting. It also has self heals and some nice survivability/escape CDs.

The Juggernaut seems to have Force Push and the ability to tank going for it.

Any tips of which are more fun/effective in PvP at 50?

PVP

Jugg Rage DPS > Mara Rage DPS

Jugg Vengeance < Mara Anything

Jugg Tank > Mara Survivability (and yes, a DPS specced Mara usually has more survivability than a DPS specced Jugg)

PVE

Mara DPS > Jugg DPS

Juggs can tank. Once again.

Both classes are fun, but I think Jugg makes you feel more powerful and is more fun to me. Mara is also hard to get used to for some people. But two lightsabers are always cool. If a Mara is played right, they can out DPS a Jugg by a lot. But the majority of Rage Juggs will out DPS Maras.

Edited by RocketL

i have a 50 of both and prefer jugg for pvp by a long shot. Not saying they are better but they suit my personal style more. One of the reasons i rerolled to a jugg is the constant huttball games you will run at 50, i just feel more useful. Even as dps i can make a pretty good ball carrier and my force push has stopped and scored a huge amount of goals. If you care about valor, you will probly have a much easier time as a jugg. With taunts and guard you can reliably get all the protection medals even as dps. I run a full vengeance spec and can pull off 7 or 8 medals average even in losing games. Just my 2 cents, good luck with your choice.

No. ive never been out damaged in any match by a jugg, ever, out medaled yes, out damaged? are you crazy?

If you actually took the time to look, at the talents and abilities maybe you'd have a clue as to what's going on.

And I've never been out damaged by a marauder. Anecdotal evidence =/= anything.

^

I personally love Mara because it's one of those classes that seem to shine more when taken the extra time to learn abilities/strengths of it. The upside with Juggs is being able to provide different important roles as needed, unlike the 3 Mara specs - DPS DPS and MOAR DPS.

As a juggs hybrid no marauder has ever taken me 1 v 1. That sad in a WZ I prefer to run teh ball and tank large groups while disrupting almost everythung the enemy does.

lol

Just lol

Mid vid you see what a Watchman/Annihilate will do to a Battlemastr Jugg.

I'm having a very tough time deciding between the Juggernaut and the Marauder for PvP. I've leveled both around 15 or so, but they both seem extremely weak at the moment, and from what I remember they didn't seem to either come into their own til about 40 or so. I'd like to level one or the other to 50 for mainly PvP. My main is a Sage.

The Marauder seems to be the best 1v1 class which is tempting. It also has self heals and some nice survivability/escape CDs.

The Juggernaut seems to have Force Push and the ability to tank going for it.

Any tips of which are more fun/effective in PvP at 50?

Jugg if you enjoy PvP tanking.

DPS Jugg survivability is CRAP.

Mara is 1,000,000 more fun than jugg -unless you want to tank of course.

lol

Just lol

Mid vid you see what a Watchman/Annihilate will do to a Battlemastr Jugg.

so you post a vid of a sentinel owning 12k hp nubs with no expertise. K.

The BM he killed used to cooldowns, no force push, and didnt charge into the fight for some reason. Either it was all on CD, or he's bad.

Either way, poor video to demonstrate anything, at all.

so you post a vid of a sentinel owning 12k hp nubs with no expertise. K.

The BM he killed used to cooldowns, no force push, and didnt charge into the fight for some reason. Either it was all on CD, or he's bad.

Either way, poor video to demonstrate anything, at all.

Nearly 20k people disagree wit you.

that video is mainly awesome for the commentary, I wouldnt argument any pvp discussion with it

PVP

Jugg Tank > Mara Survivability (and yes, a DPS specced Mara usually has more survivability than a DPS specced Jugg)

PVE

Mara DPS > Jugg DPS

This guy knows how things work.

Edited by atreyuz

awww, and a million agree with me? Do you have more anectodal stuff?

If you want to argue, you gotta stop being stupid buddy.

If you want to argue, I would also advise to stop being stupid. He didn't mean "an amount of 20.000 people" disagree with you, but rather "people with 20k hp who are clearly shown in the video" disagree with you.

If you want to argue, I would also advise to stop being stupid. He didn't mean "an amount of 20.000 people" disagree with you, but rather "people with 20k hp who are clearly shown in the video" disagree with you.

the guy said

the video has over 20k views...

So yeah... read more carefully.

Edited by atreyuz

I have a level 43 rage jugg and 42 annihilation mara. Been pvping since mid 30s. I play both evenly on a given day. I find rage juggs to be rigid in warzones. This isn't to say they do crappy damage. Smash is the primary attack for rage juggs and to set up shockwave and dominate is sometimes challenging. In some situations I have both nicely set up and no one to use it on and it runs out. Rage management is also a bigger problem for a jugg. In warzones like voidstar this is less of a problem. I find maras to be a little more flexible and their defensive cooldowns, like camo, is amazing in most situations. Your main damage is from 2 dots that tick for a decent amount and annihilate. I found for both mara and jugg, the 31 point talent changes the class.

PVP

PVE

Mara DPS > Jugg DPS

Both classes are fun, but I think Jugg makes you feel more powerful and is more fun to me. Mara is also hard to get used to for some people. But two lightsabers are always cool. If a Mara is played right, they can out DPS a Jugg by a lot. But the majority of Rage Juggs will out DPS Maras.

This. Exactly.

A well played marauder is more fun and more dangerous than a well played juggy. They have more tools for dps and killing stuff.

An average played (or less) juggy will dominate an average played marauder.

Marauders are much more difficult to manage in pvp, are less forgiving and require much more player focus skill and finger dexterity than a juggy.

Im not saying a juggy is as easy as a BH is or sorc..

Basically decide on what you want to do...if you just want to dominate in pvp with as little skill as required and already have a BH and sorc then juggy would be the next step i guess. They are drastically more difficult than the other range classes (aside from sniper perhaps) but marauder doubles down on this.

Playing a marauder well is a terrifying sight in pvp...also you know the guy playing it is damn good at pvp for making the complicated class faceroll.

So pick based on how cocky you are at your skills, how much of a challange you want, how much you enjoy micromanaging, in the case of marauder, shields/short duration buffs/ rage building/rage spending/active enhancement skills like gore or the bleed in anni or shockwave stacks in rage/ follow up skills based on if previous skills CC worked/your escape skills...

Most people enjoy juggy more for this reason, just easier to be decent, they are much more forgiving compared.