Legacy is doing what, exactly, for non-alts...?

jimmybob

I addressed that earlier actually. Because until a feature is fully working and ready for deployment it can go away. If they announced one thing and it went away for whatever reason they now have "lied" and get even more hate than not saying it in the first place. They could use the "We intend to ... but as always things can change." language but that is ignored and the "promised feature is taken as gospel. Look at the reaction to the legacy system. They mentioned it all closed lipped for awhile and even though they said over and over in every comment that it may not be ready for launch they are getting raged at for it's limited launch functionality.

Specifics can change at very late times in the development cycle particularly for a feature like this that is primarily in the category of what they choose to do not what is possible. They could say you get True sith Jedi at level 2 and miriluka operatives at level 8 but if that got changed they get more grief than not saying anything. That is why they don't give details. They will say the next expansion of legacy options is in 1.2 more than that is subject to change and that isn't the end of the system it will continue to expand so waiting on alts or anything else based on legacy is going to be a disappointing experience.

If the next piece of the legacy feature, the races, changes so much that simply clarifying the confusion between races that aren't currently playable and those that are simply playable only be other classes would not be something they could do, there are even bigger problems. They are either developing the feature to be races such as Cathar, Nautolan, and Togruta, or they aren't. It's that simple. This should not be a vague thing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be both but it's vague as to if the cathar, nautolan, etc are going to make it by the 1.2 patch. Additionally it has been clearly stated that additional playable races are something they'd like to see but not likely any time soon. There is little reason to suspect that has changed beyond wishful thinking.

The tone is often that Bioware does whatever it does out of some malicious intent or even casual carelessness. Neither of those things have been evident in anything they have done previously nor in their handling of these issues. You can say that you'd like more information fine. I would like to know too. I think it is needlessly incendiary to state that they are somehow grossly mishandling things by not doing so. They have been pretty free about letting out intended features when they know they are going to be live at a certain time or patch number. The only time they have held back is when they don't have a date.

Once they know exactly what features will be in for legacy on the 1.2 patch they will release that information. Before they know it is just invitation to more flaming for them to say anything.

BW: "We have this great legacy system feature that we will be putting in the game."

Players: "Really, what is it?"

BW: " We aren't ready to say, but we're excited about it."

<Game launches>

Players: "A last name. . . that's it? And it carries over between factions on a single server but not across servers even if the same faction? It affects all of your characters on that server, cannot be changed, does not have a preview, and the system auto-changes it to conform to the non-communicated restrictions?"

BW: "I know! Isn't it awesome!"

Players: "???"

BW: "We'll released more stuff for it, eventually."

Players: "What will the additional features be?"

BW: "We're not telling."

Players: "Should I hold off on rolling alts?"

BW: . . .

BW: "We're going to be adding features to the legacy system in patch 1.2. These will include new races. . . kinda. And then there's other stuff."

Players: "What kind of other stuff? What are the new races? Is it currently unplayable races that are in the game, or just races that are currently playable by one class that will now be playable on another? Will there be a way to change our current characters with these new features?"

BW: . . .

haha this i can agree 100% with.

Gee - I guess all your beta testing converted you into a game developer. You should start your own company now and show em up.

Or..

You could be fed up, and stop paying to play this game, save yourself the frustration. Clearly things will not happen fast enough for you, so why waste your time.

I read it. I don't care if you say "patience". I was patient. That has passed. Again, if you'd read the thread, you'd know this as it has already been covered (some of it even quoted at the top of the very page you are posting this on).

Try being patient. TBH, the Legacy system not doing anything except give you Legacy XP for stuff you normally do won't affect you in any, way shape or form unless, of course, you decide to get bent out of shape about nothing.