(Help) Optimal Consumables for Sorcerers

Makios

None for the moment. I think originally is was supposed to grant more Force Power and Tech Power than the Power granted by Attack, with the DPS nerf making it clear that it was for healing only, but somewhere along the lines that message seems to have gotten lost...

Never speced heals on my sorc so I can't say for certain but on my operative the triage one ends up granting more + healing then the attack one. Idk if sorc healing scales at a diffrent ratio though. Cuz the extra power from attack on an operative would only next me an extra 80 healing power where as the triage would grant 110 to 120 extra healing.

Never speced heals on my sorc so I can't say for certain but on my operative the triage one ends up granting more + healing then the attack one. Idk if sorc healing scales at a diffrent ratio though. Cuz the extra power from attack on an operative would only next me an extra 80 healing power where as the triage would grant 110 to 120 extra healing.

Unless the tooltip for the Triage one is inaccurate (which is certainly possible), they grant the exact same amount. The only difference between Power and Force/Tech Power is that Force/Tech power only affect Force or Tech bonus, while Power affects all 4 (Force, Tech, Melee, Ranged). Same scaling factor.

I'll cook one up to test, though.

right but power does not scale at a 1 to 1 ratio for healing you don't get 1 extra healing for every point of power you have.

example 500 power on my op would result in me having an extra 80 healing 500 tech power equals around 110 extra healing.

healers get reduced stats from both force/tech power and power even more then dmg dealers do because they get reduced aswell

Switch your stat page to tech/force and pop a power relic and you'll see what I mean.

example 500 power on my op would result in me having an extra 80 healing 500 tech power equals around 110 extra healing.

That's the thing, both Power and Tech/Force Power convert to Healing Bonus at a rate of 0.17 Bonus each. 500 of either Power or Tech Power should give you 85 bonus Healing regardless. Unless the Triage tooltip is wrong, and it's therefore giving more than 500 Power (110 Bonus would imply ~650 Tech Power), they should be granting the same amount. That's why I want to double-check the tooltip accuracy.

must be dif for operatives then cuz I get less healing from power then i do tech power. Like I said never healed on my sorc so just assumed they were the same.

No. You really don't. You gain 0.17 Bonus per Power, whether from Tech Power or raw Power. I think the Triage tooltip may be bugged is the issue.

Besides, if you really want to test it, mouse over your Healing Bonus and divide the amount it says comes from Tech Power by the amount is says you have for Tech Power (which should be just from your weapon and offhand, unless you have the Adrenal popped).

Edited by Daellia

Just tested with Hyper-Battle grade Adrenals. Attack claims +450 Power, Triage claims +450 Force Power and Tech Power, but minus 50% damage. This should equate to +76.5 Healing Bonus unbuffed (assuming no Healing Bonus talents, which I don't have).

Both granted precisely that bonus, and altered the Power or Force Power section precisely as expected, as you can see from these screenshots:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9210/screenshot2012021422561.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9210/screenshot2012021422561.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8012/screenshot2012021423010.jpg

Unless you have evidence that the two are working different from each other for you (talking screenshots here), I'm going to have to assume you're simply remembering incorrectly.

Edited by Daellia

You sir are correct. I didn't notice the maruader buff I had on me -.- it was boosting my bonus healing from tech power and I forgot it did that.... really need to lvl one of them up so I stop forgetting what there buff does.