Hey BW-- Huttball pull exploit not fixed

AcerLerxt

It was an exploit because it provided a last ditch effort to screw the other team over? Well I used my harpoon ability to the best of my ability to support my team. I've seen so many people pulling friendly and leaping to the goal line so I can't just zip them to their death? Well it should be fixed since I haven't been able to "exploit" since the fix. Next people will be complaining about Sorcerers and Sages being able to pull people in WZs so it will be nerfed as an "exploit".

It was an exploit because it provided a last ditch effort to screw the other team over? Well I used my harpoon ability to the best of my ability to support my team. I've seen so many people pulling friendly and leaping to the goal line so I can't just zip them to their death? Well it should be fixed since I haven't been able to "exploit" since the fix. Next people will be complaining about Sorcerers and Sages being able to pull people in WZs so it will be nerfed as an "exploit".

You don't consider being able to pull someone who just killed you into a zone that instantly kills them without any attempt at defense an exploit? Tell me then what exactly qualifies as an exploit to you? The purpose of instant death in that zone is to prevent the other team from camping your spawn point and killing you before you leave, not to give you a place to hang out and prevent the other team from scoring the entire match. Would I have done it if I was able to? Yes , every chance I got, but I would still acknowledge that it was an exploit.

You don't consider being able to pull someone who just killed you into a zone that instantly kills them without any attempt at defense an exploit? Tell me then what exactly qualifies as an exploit to you? The purpose of instant death in that zone is to prevent the other team from camping your spawn point and killing you before you leave, not to give you a place to hang out and prevent the other team from scoring the entire match. Would I have done it if I was able to? Yes , every chance I got, but I would still acknowledge that it was an exploit.

It wasn't a bug or an exploit, BW added grapple to the game, and they added starter zone death fields to the game. Yes grappling someone into the starter death zones was lame, overpowered and a low tactic, but it's not an exploit because no bug was involved.

Now bw have made it so you can't pull someone into the starter zone, if people have found a way around it then NOW it is an exploit because they have found a way around (a bug) the intended game mechanic.

Edited by Evuke

It wasn't a bug or an exploit, BW added grapple to the game, and they added starter zone death fields to the game. Yes grappling someone into the starter death zones was lame, overpowered and a low tactic, but it's not an exploit because no bug was involved.

Now bw have made it so you can't pull someone into the starter zone, if people have found a way around it then NOW it is an exploit because they have found a way around (a bug) the intended game mechanic.

Bugs and exploits are two entirely different things. You DO NOT need to be using a bug to be exploiting. If you are using a bug to exploit it is typically called cheating since your doing things clearly stated as not allowed.

"Exploit: 1. To employ to the greatest possible advantage: exploit one's talents. 2. To make use of selfishly or unethically"-thefreedictionary.com

Exploiting has been going on in MMO's forever and it has nothing to do with game bugs. Exploits are when you clearly gain an unfair advantage by doing things that are UNINTENDED not just things made capable due to a bug. Top ranked WoW guilds were pet tanking heroic staghelm in 4.2 allowing players to completely ignore the mechanics of the fight, this was an exploit as it was not the result of an in game bug but the result of an oversight on the developers. The devs put the boss in the game and the devs put pet tanks in the game but that doesn't mean that it is fair and not an exploit.

Again I say , If you don't consider being able to pull someone who just killed you into a zone that instantly kills them without any attempt at defense an exploit, tell me then what exactly qualifies as an exploit to you?

regardless of the semantics of bugs vs exploits, it's something that was supposed to be fixed, and clearly was not.

Which is starting to sound awfully familiar.

When do we get the "oops.. we didn't mean to say that we'd fixed that" message this time?

LOL.

if that was true, why did they try to fix it?

Obviously, they didn't want it in the game. Is that too hard to understand?

LOL is right... I just had to check the patch notes and I missed it but I was told by a csr a long time ago it wasn't an exploit and was fairplay.

I guess its a case of the head not talking to the ***, again.