The reason Sorcerer/Sage CC is OP in PvP

Tumri

Do you know what will really fix madness/telekinetic balance hybrids? Adding a 1 or 2 second cool down to the actual skills madness and telekinetic balance. Also slightly increasing force cost to the activation of telekinetic throw, and the sorc equivalent. Whoever on the BW dev team thought it would be a good idea to give a skill moderate damage mixed with a modifier that slows movement that also slows down the target's ability to use certain skills no cooldown is a freakin idiot.

and made it a channel to balance it out.... So it is interpretable, and has knockback and such.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and made it a channel to balance it out.... So it is interpretable, and has knockback and such.

I don't get it. How is it a disadvantage that it's a channel? Would you prefer a full cast time ability? Instant cast as a main filler/damage ability isn't an option for casters because that would be hilariously overpowered.

Edited by Tumri

I don't get it. How is it a disadvantage that it's a channel? Would you prefer a full cast time ability? Instant cast as a main filler/damage ability isn't an option for casters because that would be hilariously overpowered.

Channel means when you hit me part of the cast is gone. All that talk about slow, any ranged strike removed part of the spell. It makes it so more then just an interupt affects it, ALL damage affects it. That is a big draw back..

For a normal cast even if you hit me I take a little push back but I still hit you for the full amount, not half the amount.

A Madness Sorcerer is supposed to have some CC and a lot of Mobility due to a reliance on instant casts and DoT effects.

A Lightning Sorcer is supposed to have a lot of defensive CC and very limited Mobility due to reliance on hard casts.

^u seem to base a lot around this ideas^

did a dev say it or are u makeing up how the games 'suposed' to be

I think a big part of their reluctance to touch Sorcerers is the fact that they make up the biggest chunk of the playerbase. As a new MMO SWTOR is vulnerable to rage quits and hasty unsubscribers. An MMO where people have already invested a large amount of time and money is a much safer MMO. Right now it's dangerous from a financial/business standpoint to anger the largest part of the playerbase.

Nah. They can safely nerf this class without worry.

Why? These players will go back to WoW and get there heads kicked in on a frost mage/shadowpriest/lock/hunter and come right back and realize there are no ranged specs in WoW they can excel at as easily as full balance/madness (if they nerf hybrid) or merc/commando.

To be honest I think most would reroll merc/commando after threatening to quit. Then they would see that balance/madness is still better and go back to their sage/sorc lol.

Add to all this? Most of us are giving this game until the next WoW expansion hits to fix their crap. No point in playing WoW at the end of an expansion anyways. People are too far behind in gear.

To the people who cried about ops/scoundrels? Try getting hit by a rogue with legendary daggers hehe. These people would quit WoW again halfway through their first battleground lol.

^u seem to base a lot around this ideas^

did a dev say it or are u makeing up how the games 'suposed' to be

What other hybrid exists in this game that hasn't been nerfed?

All other classes are balanced and played with deep talent specs, not hybrid specs and the only one that was (and wasn't close to as OP as yours) was nerfed.

You can thank Captain Obvious for this observation.

They never intended for people to go even 11 talents in other trees. It should be painfully obvious at this point. The hybrid sorc/sage spec goes WAY beyond that...

You gain the advantage of having the first 1-2 ticks go through regardless of interrupts though. I still don't see how it's that big a difference.

again, so I get half damage when everyone else would get full damage, how is that not that big of a difference.. so 50 is not that far from 100?

Making the 20 second de-buff which prevents a target from being re-bubbled not begin the 20S CD until AFTER the bubble has been dropped or destroyed. It's irritating being chain bubble stunned by killing a sorc bubble that was about to drop and is immediately reapplied for two AOE stuns in the matter of a few seconds.

bioware nerfs or not, if they do would that even make people reroll again ?

we are stuck with a massive amount of sorceres whos gonna QQ all over this board if they get nerfed, hey what do i care, just as a common rule in any MMO, dont expect ur class to remain the same, and if u reroll cus someone is overpowered u are plain stupid cus its gonna change eventualy

Apparently I haven't been watching the front page for updates enough

In addition to all of this if a Sorcerer casts a talented bubble on someone else they also get the ability to either trigger the bubble CC manually or let it trigger through damage.

I just tested this (hadn't heard of it before) and it actually works, but what it does is blind through me. I'm literally running around the fleet tab bubbling people with a 1.5 second pulsating light coming from me. Is this new to 1.1.3? I've never noticed this and it's kind of hard to miss. Silly me, I had to respec to test and I thought I'd try Corruption with Backlash. Now I get to respec again so I'm not "Pulsating Light Gort, the giver of Resolve." Right-click removal needs to go, and I don't think Backlash should go to every bubble I cast. It would make us ridiculous off healers.

Burst:

There is also the constant whining that "Sorcerers have no Burst". A Wrath Proc Chain Lightning can do up to 5k damage with just a relic popped. This can be followed up by Death Field and Shock for almost 10k damage in 3 GCDs. This is more burst damage(not to mention it's AoE) than most non-gimmick specced classes can output.

This I would like to see. I'm not the most geared sorc, but with Wrath, a power relic, and an expertise buff the highest Chain Lightning crit I've got was 3.2k. I'm not sure how the math works for damage so if someone can formulate it that will work. With Reckless I won't discount three crits in a row.

Making the 20 second de-buff which prevents a target from being re-bubbled not begin the 20S CD until AFTER the bubble has been dropped or destroyed. It's irritating being chain bubble stunned by killing a sorc bubble that was about to drop and is immediately reapplied for two AOE stuns in the matter of a few seconds.

that would make bubble near useless, may as well just give us better armor, or atleast add 50% to the absorption.

It doesn't make your bubble useless. The CD on it is waaay too short for all the power being put into it through your ability upgrades in tree. Something has to go with it. So either kiss the CC good bye or length the time between re-apps, period.

Ok useless is too strong, it has a use, but it would not fullfill that use, we would then be able to make up for the some of the hps of the heavy class, but not the armor reduction that we lose out on... so therefore it would not fullful its use.

So they make a trilogy all about what is basically a jedi guardian, that follows a jedi guardian, and doesn't even have people throwing crap with the force until the relatively crappy second trilogy, and you're going to tell me that fans relate more to consulars than jedi guardians with no justification behind it?

Aidank maybe you should know star wars lore and not just from the films????

???

If you think star wars fans relate more to infinite force lightning from 8 people in a warzone more than jedi knights then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Your not this stupid , you can't be as you can turn on your computer.

Star wars fans are not the only players of this MMO . 99% of MMO have casters. He didt say sifi did he.

Sob why did I just feed the troll.

Sorcs being overpowered is just plain stupid... As an annihilation marauder if I meet a sorc one on one in a wz, I don't care what spec he uses, I kill him. That is a fact. Sure if they have a head start and can't lose los anyway possible (force camo btw) then yeah they kill me but other than that I usually kill them. They die fast, the bubble is easily destructible. Your reasoning seems flawed and it really seems like that you just doesn't know how to use your abilities and thus think that others are OP. Sure it's easier whining here on the forums than actually learning to play your class....

you do realize it is already a channel right?

yes it is a channel, but the channel he is talking about, or at least I thought he was talking about is one where you channel first then it does the damage.....not the way it is where you are actually doing the attack at the same time channeling it.

This I would like to see. I'm not the most geared sorc, but with Wrath, a power relic, and an expertise buff the highest Chain Lightning crit I've got was 3.2k. I'm not sure how the math works for damage so if someone can formulate it that will work. With Reckless I won't discount three crits in a row.

That's actually a larger value than you can get now. Pre-surge nerf players with high surge could crit very hard with WrathCL procs but it's a significant amount lower now. I'd say the average player will be getting maybe 3.5-4k now.

That's actually a larger value than you can get now. Pre-surge nerf players with high surge could crit very hard with WrathCL procs but it's a significant amount lower now. I'd say the average player will be getting maybe 3.5-4k now.

For reference the 3.2k was pre-surge nerf, but I usually stacked power if I had the chance.

Aidank maybe you should know star wars lore and not just from the films????

You mean like Luke being by far the strongest Jedi or Sith ever. What was he?

How about Caedus?

About the only person that was a total bada@$ in lore that didn't totally rely on melee was palpatine and he still used melee and Cbaoth but Luke would have clownstomped him with melee when he was older (see Yuuzhan Vong War).

I seem to remember one Sith saying to one Jedi that their fight would have to move to lightsabers because the force was useless...Maybe you can help me with that "lore expert". I guess that doesn't count because it is from the films. In another fight Yoda and Palpatine got the sabers out. Why?

BTW all the extended universe books sucked outside of Zahn's (fantastic books) and the only reason I read them all the way through was boredom.

In lore? Non melee are weaksauce. So yeah. Good call.

Edited by biowareftw

It doesn't make your bubble useless. The CD on it is waaay too short for all the power being put into it through your ability upgrades in tree. Something has to go with it. So either kiss the CC good bye or length the time between re-apps, period.

Leave the bubble alone, the bubble is not the problem here, it is hybrid sage/sorc that is.