The start of The War

Dayshadow

For the Imperial Agent, it's right after Chapter 2. You finish Hoth, and then have the C2 finale back on Quesh. After that, you head home to Dromund Kaas and are told that, whoops, the war's restarted.

In fact, one of the IA's options are to say how disappointed they are that they missed the start.

The start of the war happens inbetween act 2/3 for all classes. Your character is assumed to be on vacation/somewhere for a couple of weeks/months while it all goes down.

Have you played them all to that point or are you just guessing?

At the end of Chapter 2 for the Trooper this big shot imperial general or moff pretty much says he's going to start the war up and it's starting because of what I just did in Chapter 2. However, no open warfare has started. On the otherhand, I've seen a bit of a scene between the sith warrior and baras stating the war is started on Quesh, a mid Chapter 2 planet. As a trooper on Quesh the war had not formally started. The poster above says for the Imperial agent it's at the beginning of Chapter 3 or rather, while he was doing his final mission for Chapter 2.

At the end of Chapter 2 for the Trooper this big shot imperial general or moff pretty much says he's going to start the war up and it's starting because of what I just did in Chapter 2. However, no open warfare has started. On the otherhand, I've seen a bit of a scene between the sith warrior and baras stating the war is started on Quesh, a mid Chapter 2 planet. As a trooper on Quesh the war had not formally started. The poster above says for the Imperial agent it's at the beginning of Chapter 3 or rather, while he was doing his final mission for Chapter 2.

The war doesn't start for the SW until after he finishes Hoth. Perhaps the scene you saw was relating to the the SW's early chapter 3 errand to Quesh that occurs before Belsavis.

I was under the assumption that the war breaks out after Darth Baras tricks Darth Vengean into starting a all out attack in the outer rim (or somewhere similar), which is roughly in the middle/near the end of act 2 (considering killing vengean is essentially the final boss of act 2)

Im not guessing. Close to the end of act 2 is preparation for war since everybody knows its about to happen. It never outright starts till inbetween act 2/3 while your gone.

And no, baras never says such a thing until the start of Act 3 when he says something along the lines of "While you were on vacation the war started up again blah blah due to your actions". Its the same for every single class.

And what people are forgetting here is that it takes hours,days and even weeks/months to travel between planets. Its not "oh look, i leave Quesh and see my class cutscene and instantly a allout war broke out in 5 minutes".

Edited by Girdeux

I was under the assumption that...

... that Revan's actions in the Foundry were the beginning of the new war. Might not have been when they declared war, but if I remember correctly you're told that you're about to go to war when told about the Foundry. Presumably when its all done the war starts.

I believe this story is also supported by that they said once that the class stories are individual stories (like Han's trouble with Jabba, or Luke becoming a Jedi), and that the flashpoints were like the main storyline going on the galaxy. Meaning its more likely the start would be identifiable there.

The Trooper is directly responsible for the war restarting.

The war roughly starts at the end of chapter 2 for everybody, however it does differ slightly as some stories take place before others.

The Sith Warrior story finishes quite a while before the Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor stories for example.

This is obvious from the letters the Sith Warrior receives about the Jedi Knight ending after his own story is long over. And also the Dark Council he meets at the end of his story is pre- Inquisitor joining it.

The Trooper is directly responsible for the war restarting.

The war roughly starts at the end of chapter 2 for everybody, however it does differ slightly as some stories take place before others.

The Sith Warrior story finishes quite a while before the Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor stories for example.

This is obvious from the letters the Sith Warrior receives about the Jedi Knight ending after his own story is long over. And also the Dark Council he meets at the end of his story is pre- Inquisitor joining it.

No it isnt, almost every single class is claimed to be responsible for the war to restart when that isnt the case. For example in the SW Baras tells you that killing his master and killing the Republic war council reignited the war, then in the JK storyline Killing Angral restarted the war according to your masters. Bounty hunter for something that I cant even remember and being the most wanted man in the galaxy with the Sith not giving you up. Same for every class.

Edited by Girdeux

Or if you played Imperial Agent, you learn that in fact the Empire and Republic were both manipulated for the war to start again by the Star Cabal.

Precisley. Everyone else are puppets to the Cabal's strings and thus perfect scapegoats. Although between the story lines I"ve completed that far, the Trooper feels more responsible for the war re-starting. Not all class stories appear to be in sync with each other.

Precisley. Everyone else are puppets to the Cabal's strings and thus perfect scapegoats. Although between the story lines I"ve completed that far, the Trooper feels more responsible for the war re-starting. Not all class stories appear to be in sync with each other.

Darth Baras manipulated the Cabal. :D

Honestly, he was the one responsible for the cold war in the first place, and seems to have the deepest political hooks everywhere. Although every class' story leads them to think they started the war, I lean towards the SW story being the "most true" version.