Confused about courting gifts...

muhidin

Obviously you can give these only to companions you can romance, but at what point? After you do the nasty(i.e fade to black)? The first kiss? Marriage? I'm confused because I gave some to vector with no effect, do I have to have a certain amount of affection with him or be deep enough in the romance storyline for it to work?

I'm able to give them to companions I don't romance, it's just another category of gifts from what I can tell. Some companions like them more than others. Torhead has a very nice listing under each companion for how much they like each gift. Edited by Cormey

Weird, vector is listed as having courting gifts under his favorites, but when i gave him some, i got 0 affection as a result, i'll try it again, maybe somethings changed.

Tried it, it worked on vector, but i have been putting the moves on ol buggy.

Edited by muhidin

Its just the category of the gift - doesnt mean anything. Some companions like them more, some dont. Vette for example gets more affection from "underworld goods" than "courting" gifts. Its just that simple... stop overthinking things :p

It can't be that simple because on most companion charts that I've read, a companion can "like OR dislike" a courting gift, not just "like" or "dislike". There must be something that determines this and, to me, the logical answer is to enter a relationship with the character.

Weird, vector is listed as having courting gifts under his favorites, but when i gave him some, i got 0 affection as a result, i'll try it again, maybe somethings changed.

Tried it, it worked on vector, but i have been putting the moves on ol buggy.

You have to be above a certain affection point, and possibly past certain parts of your storyline for courting gifts to be accepted. I couldn't give Jorgan a courting gift that was accepted until Chapter 1 was finished. With my Sage, with Lt. Iresso, I just had to get him over a certain amount of affection before he would accept them, I guess since I got him after Chapter 2.

Some companions have courting gifts listed as favorite or love - and some just have them as like. Heck, on my trooper, 4x, the republic's robot, takes courting gifts as a like. But no, he's not a romanceable option....at least I hope not. He's started to scare me lately.