Change to Warzone Daily / Weekly

coffee_bot

[Posted February 15 2012]

Some days getting wins seems impossible. If the average match is 10-15 minutes, and you win 50% of the time that is 1 to 1.5 hours to get 3 wins.

But on the days where you have a win ratio of 0.25, you're looking at a time investment of 2 to 3 hours. This isn't accounting for queue times which can sometimes take up to 5 minutes.

I propose that: Win = 1 Loss = 0.33

So the maximum number of games to play is 9 losses. Bringing the maximum playtime to 1.5 to 2.25 hours.

You could also apply this to the weekly and overall it becomes more reasonable. This change might also reduce the number of people leaving after the other team scores a goal in Huttball, since a loss still counts for something.

Feedback welcomed.

Edited by coffee_bot
update

The only issue is that it gives people more incentive to afk.

The benefits you still obtain from losing (valor and commendations) are what a team gets for losing. (duh)

The bag for the daily is a bonus for doing so well. It's not mandatory that you complete it each day.

Edited by Grubfist

It takes me hours sometimes to complete daily, but NO.

Loosing gives too much anyway, players are just become more and more spoiled, I can actually imagine some of the posters as fat blobs with open jaw screaming at BW for more freebies.

You want daily bag? Earn it, win it.

Game rewards horrible excuses of a pvpers too much anyway in current form.

• 2 months later...
It takes me hours sometimes to complete daily, but NO.

Loosing gives too much anyway, players are just become more and more spoiled, I can actually imagine some of the posters as fat blobs with open jaw screaming at BW for more freebies.

You want daily bag? Earn it, win it.

Game rewards horrible excuses of a pvpers too much anyway in current form.

seriously? What about the rest of my team being farmed by the same premade match after match. Yet I can out play / solo kill 90% of the players on the other match. So i deserve to be punished since I'm not in a leet premade?

How about given this scenario -

player a - great player able to beat player b 9 out of 10 times in solo play and game knowledge

player b - mediocre at best player with a solid premade consisting of guard, taunts, and heals.

So player A has to earn it how exactly? Grinding out 20 games just to get the 3 wins? I am tired of being punished for playing without a well put together group on skype / vent.

Sounds like you just want the upper hand gear wise so when you 1v1 peeps you can use your better gear to get an advantage ... sorry but it looks like SWTOR is going more towards the skill > gear approach which is good imo.

Either way come at me bro

You reward people for a lose, people will be even more reluctant to "try".

"Oh well if we lose, I only need 1 lose anyway to complete my daily"

Pre 1.2 with the armament daily/weekly thats never how it went. I hardly ever ran into issues with people "giving up." I see more issues now with people leaving losing warzones before they are actually "lost" to try and join wining teams.

I see this as a possible incentive to STAY in warzones.

Losing should give you nothing. No points, no credits, nothing.

What's next? People getting gear for failing to kill raid bosses? Or shall we just log in every week and find our mailboxes full of complementary "you're still playing the game!!!" gear?

Losing should give you nothing. No points, no credits, nothing.

What's next? People getting gear for failing to kill raid bosses? Or shall we just log in every week and find our mailboxes full of complementary "you're still playing the game!!!" gear?

Technically you can get black hole gear from just doing the two rakghoul flashpoints for the weekly, and the weekly in black hole. Its slow, but you'll get equivalent gear. (just swap those mods into your rakata and boom = full campaign)...it takes you something like 1 year of doing the weeklies, but there ya go.

Sure, they can remove rewards for losing. Then they should have the recruit gear as the only PvP gear in the game. Commendations buy vanity replacements with the same stats. Problem solved.

What is it with everybody in these games and wanting to hold their gear advantage close? Can't they just play better and win that way? Bleh...