Would you like use-created content?

Chromiie

Since Star Trek Online has went free to play I've been playing it on and off. It's an ok MMO. There are two things though to me that stand out in STO and that is the Space Combat which is really fun and the other is The Foundry.

For those who don't know The Foundry let's regular players create their own stories and missions. I can spend a lot of time just making stuff (I admit I'm not very good) or trying other another players work. There would obviously be problems getting it in TOR like voice acting but if it meant creating my own stories I could deal with out any voiced dialogue.

This could give a lot of players something to do since a lot of us bored and leveling an alt isn't so fun once you've quested on the same planet for the third time. Granted it would take a lot of time for something like this to ever be implemented but think of the possiblites.

Some really amazing Foundry missions created by players.

Edited by Chromiie

City of Heroes did that before STO.

Honestly, it wouldn't fit in this game, It really wouldn't. Like I need to do someone's mission that's about them getting it on with Princess Leia 3000yrs before she was born & how they are really Darth Vader, or Darth Vader & Starkiller shared tender special moments with each other...under the covers. You know your going see that stuff.

-rolls eyes-

JJ

Edited by JJDrakken

Not really. I experienced that sort of stuff in CoH, and it wasn't very good. In fact, most of it at the beginning was about creating content to level as fast as possible. Considering the amount of time such a feature would take, I would rather see the dev time going to something far more useful and fun like new classes or something.

I'd be fine with us making content if it was free to play. If I'm paying a sub it has to do more for me than give me access to a game's servers if that is all they offer I'm not paying or playing for more than a few months (get through what they made).

Players have been making mods and expansions for pc games for years and it has always been free. You buy the game and people who are talented or devoted put their time and effort into making more content for the player community at no charge.

Why should I continue to pay BW when some regular fan(s) are making the content?

After reading countless trolling/negative comments from our resident geniuses that profess making/improving/fixing anything related to MMO's is easy/should be executed immediately, I'd love to see what they come up with.

Because I can almost guarantee it'd be garbage.

So, my answer is no.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII