The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

Wow this thread is a good idea! Didn't see it before!

Anyway here are some things I can think of:

Alternating Skins for PVP Maps -

Basically every time you enter a war zone, the game chooses randomly from several presets. This way you get more variety without affecting balance or gameplay since it's just a reskin of the same map. So for example if you're playing the Alderaan map, the game chooses between several presets (it could be in a summer setting or night-time setting instead of the original) but the rest of the match plays out the exact same way. Currently players have to play the same four war zones over and over again. Since adding new skins/presets is much easier than creating completely new war zones, this seems like a good way to relieve boredom and provide more variety.

Improvements to the Light Side/Dark Side choices for certain quests:

For example, for the quest Black Science in Lord Grathan's estate on Dromund Kaas, there's a quest where you can steal designs for regenerating cybernetics. However, when you try to steal them this guy pops up on holo and tries to stop you, saying he wants to use this technology to help people...but he works for Lord Grathan, who is obviously going to use this technology for evil purposes. And stealing that technology is somehow evil?? It makes no sense! I think there should at least be a light side option for stealing it (as well as the original dark side choice).

Another example is on Hutta, for the quest The Man with the Steel Voice, where the light side choice seems like it should be dark side. There's a thread about it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75834

Easier Travel Between Planets -

Yea this one is debatable since you have a ship to fly around but its still a bit cumbersome going back to the spaceport, then to your hanger, then your ship's cockpit, etc. I think people would be more willing to hang out on different planets instead of always in the fleet this way. Maybe there could be an HQ for certain planets? Not just a cantina, but an actual place with everything in one place. Right now no one seems to hang out on Dromund Kaas, the supposed capital...

Anyway these are just suggestions I can think of now. The dark/light side options thing really bothers me though. I have to aquire dark side points just to do the right thing. And i know there's different opinions but if thats so, shouldn't there be both light and dark side options for certain choices?

Edited by Blackholeskipper

This game has alot going for it, I think with a few tweaks it will be #1.

Couple thoughts I have for improvement listed below.

Enable an additional companion function; "send selected items to the cargo bay." Often when I am gathering my bags can fill up quickly, it would be nice to send a companion rather then heading to a town or my ship to unload.

I know the LFG is a work in progress, that is much needed.

Also lets add more playable races, like the Rodian, Wookie, Jawa, Ewok, Kaleesh, Quarren, Bith, or Geonosian. Make some races unlockables attached to legacy. Maybe you can setup side stories that has one of you legacy chrildren take revenge or help save a family friend and upon completition you earn a new playable race attached to that quest.

Edited by Funkysith

• 1 month later...

Idea to make Dailies less boring... LESS of them, but more concentrated.

Hear me out on this one...

Monday you only have Dailies for say Belsavis (Each worth 3-7 Commendations)

Tuesday you only have Dailies for say Ilum (Each worth 3-7 Commendations)

Wednesday you only have Dailies for say Corealis (Again each worth 3-7 Commendations)

The jest is instead of going all over the place to collect your 20-30 dailies, you get them all at once. For those that work during the week, then can login grab the entire week of dailies and visit the entire galaxy to collect everything that would have taken them to the same spot seven times. Each night the new daily gets reset for the next day and folks can pickup.

Granted, make these a little harder and only available once a week. (Yes, that would be called a weekly but a little different). You can do ALL these on a single day if you want, BUT the catch is you can only pickup on the designated day.

Trying to remove the grind from the process here in order to get people more engaged in wanting to do these dailies as well allow those that can only play certain times of the week the ability to catch up.

Weekly or Monthly SCAVENGER Hunt Quest!

Different FLAVOR of levels.

1-25 can get one spread out across 30% of the planets

26-40 can get one spread out across 60% of the planets

41-46 can get one spread out across 80% of the planets

47-50 can get one spread out across ALL planets

Make it worthwhile and change the reward to include Dailies and Drops for Schematics. Level 47-50 should include Tionese, Dailies and maybe even bigger drops.

The reward is progressive... You find 4 items you have okay amount of stuff. You find 10 you have been awarded like 10 items so far plus a sweet bonus of some sort. (Again make it hard to find these last two items).

Edited by dscount

Weekly or Monthly SCAVENGER Hunt Quest!

Different FLAVOR of levels.

1-25 can get one spread out across 30% of the planets

26-40 can get one spread out across 60% of the planets

41-46 can get one spread out across 80% of the planets

47-50 can get one spread out across ALL planets

Make it worthwhile and change the reward to include Dailies and Drops for Schematics. Level 47-50 should include Tionese, Dailies and maybe even bigger drops.

The reward is progressive... You find 4 items you have okay amount of stuff. You find 10 you have been awarded like 10 items so far plus a sweet bonus of some sort. (Again make it hard to find these last two items).

This and more zones where Repub and Emp run into each other. No need to have both emp and repub datacrons locals. That was an opportunity missed for those who run on PvP/RP-PvP servers. Could have even located a few of the datacrons in "contested" areas to foster world pvp for the PvE servers.

Any chance we can get keybinds to be a part of the UI import? Having to re-key each char just seems a bit unnecessary.

• 3 weeks later...

some more that probably are already told...

toggle hood up/down

zoom on gear preview

craftable mounts and pets on biochem and cybertech

boe for all craftet things

more end game things like rare enemies,gear,trophies and achievements and better rewards for all achievements(now the only end game are dailies fp's and op's)

mini games like gamble and racing(kotor style)

barber shop and more customization like hair etc

guild capital ships

Day and night cycles on some planets

• 1 month later...

I came across this post by: jeflopo

"I can remember an MMO where you was able to import and export your character settings. Making possible to import your main character settings to your alters.

And alo making possible to create profiles of your equipment. To let you automatically save and load your equipment based on a context, if you gonna do PVP you load your PVP profile and your PVP gear was automatically equipped or if you was tanking, healing or dpsing you loaded your preference. This was implemented by commands /loadequip [id] and /savequip [id]

User Interface Settings

Chat Settings

System Preferences

Key Bindings

Macros

Gear sets

I've reported that in-game. But they suggested me to post here to discuss this feature that can improve our game experience.

Thank you"

This request/suggestion was posted on Jan 7 2012 when the game was less than 3 weeks officially live

It's 3 patches and almost 7 months later and we still have to setup our key binds with every alt we roll

Every player with 3 or more characters must be really, really FED UP with running another complete key bind set up with every alt they roll by now.

Since I am a real altoholic with 8 chars (4 Rep, 4 Imp) of which the lowest level alt is lvl 11 and the highest alt lvl 36 I simply don't want to have to setup my KBs (Key Binds) with every alt I roll

I'm planning on roiling ALL possible advanced classes in existence and all yet to come.

Meaning I'll have to setup these same KBs over and over again

QB 1 = 1, 2, 3, etc

QB 2 = CTRL + 1, 2, 3, etc

QB 3 = Shift+CTRL + 1, 2, 3, etc

QB 4 = ALT+CTRL + 1, 2, 3 etc

QB 5 (or my Companion bar) = ALT + 1, 2, 3, etc

At least 8 more times 12 keys on 5 QBs (Quick Bars) for another 8 alts, that's 480 completely useless KBs, not to mention a bunch of settings that aren't really QB material but a hotkey would be more comfy than opening your abilities summary, for inst. Emergency Fleet Pass and a few others you can only use out of combat (unless you're in such an awful hurry that every 10th of a second counts)

This goes for all who want to play several classes but haven't created and set 'm up yet

There just have to be a whole lot of people who, sooner or later, want to play more than just one character all the time

If we could only choose between a "one size fits all setup" or an individual setup for every character, even though I can't imagine why any one but a professional or competition player would need the second option, and since the second option is the only option we have right now that won't become an issue

But at least give us a choice!!

Just a little square we can switch on or off would be great.

Saving a separate "Char X.cfg" file for every alt is even less efficient than "1 cfg fits all".

If someone could point out where the file(s) are saved and, if needed, how to copy the preferred setup into all other "Char X keybinds.CFG" files would be great for a lot of people I guess but that should only be considered a workaround and only useful if it takes less time and/or effort than running the whole keybind setup again.

I'd be ecstatic and you won't hear any word about this subject from me ever again except a final "thank you" note if this easy customization could be implemented in the next patch

If it's too much work for the (over worked) dev. dep. maybe add ons might be the way to go, I know of only 1 add on for SWTOR

Just rip off, no, noo, copy, oh no, wrong again, ehr uhm, USE!! yea that's what I meant to say, sorry for this slip of the tongue-finger, so where was I? oh yes, "use" some more good ideas from other MMOs out there.

It would only serve to enhance your "revenue experience" and as a nice side effect it will also enhance our "gaming experience" (don't u just luv that expression?).

I would've stopped playing WoW in no time if it wasn't for "Quest helper" but I stuck to the game for 4 years and sometimes I still consider returning to Azeroth and I'm surely not the only one, Curse is almost completely dedicated to WoW add ons.

EA, Bioware and LA also know this, it's probable the reason for the built in "Quest helper" in SWTOR.

They knew they would loose subs pretty fast if players were continuously forced to ALT+TAB out of the game to look on Torhead every time they couldn't find something without Quest Helper functionality, most F2P MMOs have a "magic arrow"

Runes of Magic even has an "auto pilot" for boring A to B trips (I found it a bit too much at first but I do use it now and then.

Please give us that "key bind profile" option, it's only the right thing to do.

Now I'll leave never to return again, except to say Thank You For listening to US on your FOR 'M, if or when I notice the change so many of us have been asking for, either on this forum or on other MMO forums, at least since Jan 7 2012 or day 18

• 4 weeks later...

-Special Effects/Particle management: Since virtually every single attack on the trooper/bounty hunter, and about a third of them on the other classes, use GPU accelerated particles, as well as rather high densities of said particles, give us a gorram setting in the UI so we can edit this. I should not have to disable every special effect in the game (by deleting the file) just so that I can get a manageable frame rate.

-Dump the RAM: After a few hours of playing, SWTOR uses more than 2 thousand megs of ram. I get concerned when a program uses more than a gig of ram, at 2 gigs you guys are just plain doing it wrong. Dump the memory twice as often. You'll be better off.

-Selective audio: No offense to Anthony Daniels, but I can't stand protocol droids. Give us control over which audio files are played from which companions. If I don't want to here c2 say another word, in my party or outside of it, I shouldn't have to. If I don't want to hear my companions talking about how wonderful or awful a world is, I shouldn't have to. etc.

-Appearance Changing NPC: Having to reroll a character because after fifty levels I don't want to look at something I thought was kind-of-cool two months ago? Seriously?

-Customizable garments: I don't know what your art team is smoking, but there are woefully few outfits that look remotely decent (by decent, I mean that have a proper 'simpler is better' philosophy). There are even fewer that have a decent color scheme ("There is one color and it is black." is the best clothing motto I have ever encountered. I like it so much, I use it in real life too). So let us customize these things. A basic color palette (Even 8 bit would be an improvement) to choose from, whether we want the hoods on our robes up or down, long sleeves or short sleeves, etc. Tho it would be nice, I hardly expect customization like Star Trek Online (a game which has wholly trumped SW:TOR's character customization options by orders of magnitude), but even a little bit of variety would be refreshing.

-Free Roam Space Combat: Self-explanatory. You can't call it 'dog-fighting' when you use a fly-by-rail system.

-Choosable starships: 3 out of the 6 ship hulls in this game are crap, just using basic mathematics. I don't expect you to fix that, giving your art team the requisite masters degree in engineering would be pointless: your art team would ignore it to make something "cool", but at least give us more choice. Letting us choose among which faction-specific ships we get would be a nice start, but having an additional half-dozen ships you could buy that aren't related to your class would even better. Considering that I, personally, can make a decent exterior in 30-40 hours and a pretty good interior in about the same (including concept art for both), it shouldn't take much in terms of resources.

-Starships with customizable interiors: Star Wars Galaxies was one of the best games I have ever played. Not because of an awesome story, not because of an awesome game balance, but because every player-owned place you visited was unique. Every player-owned building or starship was different inside. There were instances where players would take otherwise worthless items from the game and turn them into a unique and complete living space the likes of which many would be jealous of having, even in real life. They could take boxes and book shelves and beds, and totally redefine a pre-existing layout into something completely different. As a player I would put on my interior decorator cap and spent literally days just changing the interior whenever I got tired of the last one. Even just giving us basic interior and exterior skins would be a start, but ultimately this is what I want to see.

I think that about sums it up for me.

~Miran~

Edited by Miran_Aderre

• 3 months later...
I honestly didn't read through the 1000+ posts on here so I do not know if this was mentioned yet, but I would personally love to be able to transfer my characters onto the same server. There are only a handful of servers left after the merge but I'd still like to be able to put all of my characters on the same server...Obviously not ALL of my characters but a select few...I say that because I have a total of 24 characters, most developed fairly far.

• 1 month later...

a few things i would like to add(with the links of the original threads explaining and expanding); some of the things i might mention might be already on the original post... i apologise if thats the case

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -MAX PRORITY: BUG FIXES

There is so many buggs in the game, many of them has been present since the very Beta, that is almost hard to believe they still around.... Sometimes it feels like if there is 1 dev working on bug fixes, 1 on expanding the stories, and 50 devs working on Cartel Market?

• Sector X still bugged since decades ago.
  • Illium Map still broken(PvP area not geting explored no matter what)
  • Not all Codex entries are unlockable(STILL)
  • Taxis still flash all the time while ur siting on them and are traveling anywhere! quite an inmersion breaker!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. - New Tittles:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=572054

I think we all will agree on that there are so many posibilities for new unique tittles, that require little work to implement, and would bring so much diversity to the game, and add so much joy to simple tasks such as exploration, that it almost feels as an insult to us loyal subscribers the addition of new tittles into the cartel market shop.... Only focusing on the BROKEN CODEX there are 100s if not more of posibilities:

• Tittle for discovering all species
  • Tittle for exploring the entire map of all planets
  • Tittle for discovering all datacrons
  • Tittle for discoring all codex entries
  • and so on.. i think u get the idea

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -Expand the Legacy System:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=516972
  3. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578572
  4. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548360

There is so much to add, fix, change and expand on the legacy, so many posibilities and oportunities; so much to work on...

I personally would re-desing it completly, making it more similar to the skill tree:

• For each level u gain on the legacy, u gain 5 legacy skill points.
  • 5 skill points for each level X 20 levels = 100 legacy points in total.
  • Each skill/perk would cost: 2 points the first tier, 3 points second tier, and finally 5 points last tier.
  • With special avilities such as the Rocket Boost, HK series, "Legacy Datacrons", Repair and Mail Droids, Training Dummies and GTN Console costing from 5 to 20 legacy points, the ammount of points depending on wichone, making u spare for a while in order to gain them.
  • Apart from those legacy point u would also require some small amount of money to unlock those more exclusive things mentioned above. The price should range from 50k-100K-200k-300k-500k depending on what. But still making it more open/avanible to all, contrary to the 500k, 1M,, 1.5M, 1M, 2.5M and 5M that some things cost right now(pretty damm expensive).
  • Include many of the Cartel market items(specially Pets, Speeders and Armour Sets) to be legacy bound, in stead of bound on equip, why? cos we buy those items with our real money and use them on a character, but as soon as we start a new character those items have no longer any use.... this making us think twice in the first place if wether or not re-roll a new toon.
  • Made datacrons into a legacy perk, as it was done with HK series, in my opinion gathering all datacrons is by far more tiresome and takes longer time than the HK missions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -Implement a proper archivement system into the game:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=469844

The same way that with the tittles, if use the BROKEN CODEX, much can be done in this regard, this would solve many of the late-game problems of people getting boring and having nothing to do. Something similar to the [VEHICLE] quest but with more variation and not everything being focused on WB and OP Bosses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -More flexivility regarding to weapon and classes:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=565554
  3. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=206533

The current system is quite restrictive, making us basically chose our class regarding of what weapon we want to use, class choosing should not be based on that. While some things makes sence, like only Troppers being able to carry Heavy Cannons, and Snipers using Sniper Rifles, others make little to no sence, for instance Sentinels not being able to use only 1 lightsabre, Assasins being forced into a double bladed lightsabre, Bounty Hunters not being able to use Rifles. and so on....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -More Options regarding Companions:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=455813

The truth is we spend 90% of the game hanging around with them, be it because we like them or need them, the fact remains the same. Because of that, much more needs to be done with them:

• The option to kill them for example should be added back, with the addition of new companions to remplace old ones.
  • More customizations
  • Redesigning the affection generator, so that we are not forced to gift-spam them
  • They should be visible in our taxy while traveling
  • 2-Seats Speeders should be added so they can ride with us
  • Secondary Companions should also have personals quest similar the the First Companion, not just fade to black screens after conversations
  • The option to see what gear other peoples companions are wearing
  • Companions should be made to feel more alive and less like robots, more dialogs, more animations.
  • They should be able to interact with Mission items, such as ordering them to open a door, use a terminal, ect so they can fully remplace a human m8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -More Options regarding character Customization

This has been asked for since so long ago, and so many times !!!

Both while on character creation:

• More face types
  • More hair styles
  • More Tattoo Options
  • More Jewerly Options

And ingame:

• Barber shops
  • Body shop(something to act like a gym, so u can change the type of body ur character has)
  • Don't know if anybody here have ever heard or played APB, and APB Reloaded but hell, anythign similar to that, regarding character customization, would leave anybody spechless and more than satisfayed....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -More options and flexivility regarding armours:
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541885

I think something in what most people will agree is that there is not enougth variety of good-looking clothes ingame, the end-game gear looks freaking ridiculous(seriosly cant be more ugly even if u try) There are not enought good looking Adaptible and/or Moddable gear around, so many people end up looking exact the same for most of the game. In stead of the devs spending so much time on adding the coolest Gear into the CM, they should add some ingame too, for those loyal subscribers who have been here for such hard/full of disapoitment year! Things we need:

• I think the biggest example of what we need is the Hood Up and Dawn option, that was been asked for since day 1!
  • Adition of more good looking pieces of armour to the game, either loot rewards, quest rewards, for completing archivements or exploration. Make them Purple so that FTP have to pay extra to use them if u wish, i don't mind.... but we(subscribers) need fresh stuff in-game, not just at CM ... :(
  • Armour Tynt, yes similar to unify color, but allowing us to choose what color!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -More Planets(and more content)
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=212256

It is said that the galaxy is the limit., well it feels quite limited right now :/ There is so many places we would love to visit and explore, even if they don't have any class-related quest, even if they are not related to the Republic-Empire Conflict in any way, it does not matters, we want to be there! Not every new content and place has to be relevant to the war, and u know it. Places like Yavin 4, Dantooine, Ryloth, Genosis, Naboo, Kashyyyk and so, so many more places that have already been featured on previous games, movies and comics, so much lore to expand around, the planets are almost already created from the art and style point of view, all u have to do is bring them to life into 3D !

Am sure 90% of the people would love to see any of those i mentioned in stead of Makeb.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. -Proper Space Combat
  2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=145844&highlight=space+combat

We been asking for something to be implemented in this regard since the BETA! i do know that to make it happen it will take at least 1-2 Years, since the scale of making a "new 3d open space combat system" would be equal to the making a new game, but at least we deserve to know if its been working on, if its never gona happen or what, i MEAN WE WANT SOME INFO; we are tired of living in the DARK!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... work in progress ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by YeIIow

• 8 months later...

In the same vein as other suggested export/import options:

• the ability to export/import friend and ignore lists
  • cross-faction friends

The latter mostly so that cross-faction mailing will give an autocomplete for mail recipients, the same as it does for same-faction mails.

• 1 month later...

-I'd really like to see a way for characters on the same Legacy tree be able to send even bound item to one another.

-Also, since I understand that color crystals such as purple and cyan are only available from PvP vendors, which de facto means you need to be lvl 55 to obtain them, I would really like to see these become available and usable at a lower level and not just be a pvp reward. Specific quests to obtain schematics, hard to find security chests, or very rare drops; any of these would be great.

Edited by T_Zero

Hi!

From the point of constructive criticism, this game has a huge potential to become one of the best in it's genre, if developed properly.

Couple of suggestions, that could help improve the game immensely:

1. Item ratios. -> How come my lightsaber hilt is 1,5 bigger than my own head?

2. Mission variety. -> Please, please, please. Jedis are supposed to be peacekeepers and scholars, especially Jedi Consulars (my class, obviously), and yet I'm going on a killing rampage EVERY mission. Where is investigation? Diplomacy? It just feels more like a JOB after a while, than a game, you know.

There is a next-to-none mission difference between classes: trooper - go kill everything (-that sounds logical), jedi knight - go kill everything (-ooook...), jedi consular - go kill everything (but...what about peace solution? -go kill everything! -ok! jeez...)... see where I'm going?

3. Again, the game lacks variety in terms of what-to-do -> I find myself always quitting the game on Taris or Tattooine. These planets are booooring. And yet I always come back to experience the fantastic dialog voice-acting. But, then I get stuck on those planets and leave again, in hope for changes :(

Apart from minor issues those are the main bummers for me.

Hope you can address this in the future!

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
First of all, love Knights of the Fallen Empire. Hard to stop playing with such a great and fulfilling story. I guess that being a 65 guardian has been great, but if it is five years in the future, I feel like we could do more to individualize characters. I'm thinking simple things that really bring out personal story. Force users have one thing in common, besides the force, and that is the thrill of creating your own lightsaber. It could be similar to character customization with hilt model, size, sound, etc. I think that non force users would appreciate the same thing. At the same time, it makes more sense if higher level characters get it so that the time spent designing the other lightsabers and blasters isn't completely neglected. I could say the same about armor, but it isn't a big thing with me. The outfit designer thing is another thing I appreciate. Moving on, I love the ships, but we all have the same ones. The Defender is my characters only real home, but it would be cool to see personal ship variations for all classes, sort of like the purchase options Starfighter has. Having a new alliance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, there could be new Starfighter types up for grabs as well. As of late, the Starfighter and pvp have been dying out. Also, being a Jedi, it would be great if I could hold down the space bar for a force jump. Non force users could use cables/jet packs. It would add to the open world effect and magnify combat ability. I love the companion combat updates, super helpful and real. If it could be done, I would appreciate seeing a differentiation between the companion abilities, however. Either way, super cool change. Making a difference is what the new expansion is all about, so wouldn't it be awesome to see npcs go away after you just completed the quest which said that you defeated them? Sort of like what Elder Scrolls does. Players make a difference. Finally, I have always been a fan of the Jedi. It has been years since the destruction of the Jedi temple, and the Republic has control of Coruscant. I believe that rebuilding it and making a new Jedi temple would fit the time period the high level players are in. It is so apart of being a Jedi, and I know you guys would enjoy making it. You have put so much effort already into making this a Star Wars game and I appreciate all of it. Anyways, thanks for listening and I'll see you around the galaxy. Edited by Swordsvane

• 2 months later...

Add Races: Wookies, Droids, Trandoshan

Add Class: Entertainer

Add: Free Flight in space

Fix: PVP Imbalance (*this is every mmo but tor is really bad) add more open world PVP

Allow: Players to Defect to the other side of the war. (Jedi become Sith, Sith become Jedi, Bounty Hunters take jobs from Republic etc)

Add: Planet exploration. Basically make each planet about 50% bigger.

Fix: Crafting, make it more meaningful AKA some of the best gear/mods can only be crafted