Sages are the ultimate bad a**ses of SWTOR

Reevax

See, this kind of thing is exactly the opposite of true. The classes are made to be balanced enough that the skill of the person playing, along with the circumstances of each battle (who gets off the first shot, the distance at which battle is initiated, which skills are on cooldown, whether there is good LoS, who clicks a fraction of a second sooner) determine who wins. A well-played marauder will beat a well-played sage about half the time.

Granted, balance is never perfect, but it is good enough that these sort of blanket statements are full of fail.

It doesn't work out that way. Marauders chew up sages.

If this has anything to do with wz or ilum *** you doing 1v1. Idc if you can win or not, sage has no business away from friendlies. This is why people continuously whine in Gen about losing pugs, forget about classes l2p the game....

You have never faced a well played one or you would be crying for a nerf

You haven't met any well played Marauder or Juggernaut then.

Sages are very squishy and as soon as people learn to focus fire and burst a bit better, Sages will be the ones that do the crying.

Have no problem at all killing sorcs/sages on my marauder/powertech/gunslinger/operative. Idk what you're talking about saying they're op or that they should be nerfed. I mean, they're easy as hell to play, but not op.

The biggest issue for the sage is that every other class gets just as many interrupts and cc's as we do. Going up against any dps class, your utility is extremely limited because 1v1 everything is equal except damage output. Additionally, I am not allowed to move when i cast...and casting involves a good 2/3 of our abilities.

No other class has to just sit still and take it while damage is being dished at us. Even if we run, we cant effectively run away with every dps class getting a closing (which stuns) to render any attempt at escape useless.

Now if you decrease the cooldown time on stun to 30s, i think it would make 1v1 vs dps more viable for us (its not like we get any damage reduction perks like body armor).

As it stands though, sages are only as good as the rest of the team. If the team cant hold a lick of damage, no healing or damage you do will be worthwhile.

Their exactly the same so don't let that get to you.

Actually, there are small differences between the sage and the sorc.

Ever noticed how Project has a delay before doing damage and the sorcerer equivalent does damage immediately? This kind of thing is important when trying to prevent an enemy from capturing an objective. There was a thread listing other minor differences and this is the only one i remember.

The biggest issue for the sage is that every other class gets just as many interrupts and cc's as we do. Going up against any dps class, your utility is extremely limited because 1v1 everything is equal except damage output. Additionally, I am not allowed to move when i cast...and casting involves a good 2/3 of our abilities.

No other class has to just sit still and take it while damage is being dished at us. Even if we run, we cant effectively run away with every dps class getting a closing (which stuns) to render any attempt at escape useless.

Now if you decrease the cooldown time on stun to 30s, i think it would make 1v1 vs dps more viable for us (its not like we get any damage reduction perks like body armor).

As it stands though, sages are only as good as the rest of the team. If the team cant hold a lick of damage, no healing or damage you do will be worthwhile.

Uh, this is exactly how Gunnery Commando's play, all attacks have casting time or charging times, but with only one stun on a 1 min cooldown.

Oh and I forgot, Commando's do not have any interupt ability.

Just to put everything into perspective.

Edited by Meko