Species quests

Draii

SWToR is based on classes. It's very obvious; You choose class before species, you have your class-story, you have specific class-areas, hangers etc.

I prefer to see the species as the characters basic. And letting their culture, planet and unique abilities guide them.

So, wouldn't it be interesting to add quest-stories that follow the species you selected too?

As a long side-quest. The Purebloods quest for more powerful positions in the Empire, the Rattakis lust for violence, the Twi'lek struggle against slavery, or whatever.

More focus and backstory on each specie, and new locations that can be considered "home" for the specie. Might be to big to add a whole planet, but a smaller map to represent a area on the home planet, or at east a space station in orbit over that planet.

This could be a fun way to put focus on more that classes. And a good opportunity to add a lot of new quests that will broaden the galaxy.

I think species should have been more important than the class, but BW went with class options. In a perfect world both would matter, however in TOR species is just a means to colour in your humans skin. I cant see species quests working currently as they have to be annonced before people create or they will just complain they would have played a blue human not a pink human if they knew the blue human got a better side quest.

If people should think that another species had more interesting species-quests then I see that more as a reason for re-play than a reason to not implement this.

A similar though is that they could include quest's for the different groups/guild/factions you encounter as allies and enemies in the game. Like the Revanites.

Like a quest when you find a dying Tusken raider who need his family honor to be saved, asking you to get a full gear of tusken clothes and act as him, trapping a Bantha, do some rite of passage so his family don't get viped out by the clan, because he failed. Etc.

This could give some interesting aspects on how the character fits into the world. And if you actually could "join" some of these groups, become a pirate, temple guardian, royal guard and whatnot after completing these quests, all the better. New titles and gears, and ability to re-spawn, rest and pass though otherwise forbidden/dangerous areas.