Kira Carsen Question(No spoilers please)

Kumata

No, but she's an advanced student, so you don't have to instruct her in basic things. The point of your tutelage is to provide a role model and to allow her to gain experience.

I tend to think of older padawans like her as more like Jedi "rookies" than "trainees", so to speak.

Think of Obi Wan and Qui-Gon in Phantom; Obi Wan is a pretty independant Padawan although he defers to Qui-Gon and they are more older/younger brother than teacher studant relasionship; (similar to Anakin/Obi-Wan when they were Master/Knight rank).

Youngling Kira certainly is not so whilst she will occasionally defer to your "experiance" she is more your equal than your studant.

I've got to admit it is sweet when she does defer to you :p

Think of Obi Wan and Qui-Gon in Phantom; Obi Wan is a pretty independant Padawan although he defers to Qui-Gon and they are more older/younger brother than teacher studant relasionship; (similar to Anakin/Obi-Wan when they were Master/Knight rank).

Youngling Kira certainly is not so whilst she will occasionally defer to your "experiance" she is more your equal than your studant.

I've got to admit it is sweet when she does defer to you :p

Younglings are children ... with the stuff we did, she better not be a youngling.

Younglings are children ... with the stuff we did, she better not be a youngling.

But she is not a true padawan... which is why I referenced the Phanton Master/Padawan relasionship as it is more like that than our actual apprentice.

Anyways kira is pretty tame to *some* storylines :p

"Youngling she is not" = "she is not a youngling."

Anyway, there's a bit of mentoring if you choose to do so - dialog options here and there to scold her or reassure her or preach to her or whatever - but it doesn't really feel like a strict teacher-student relationship most of the time. Which makes all the cutscenes and story dialogs where everybody talks like you're the next Kiiwiks feel kind of jarring and weird, honestly. And that "Master" greeting she sometimes procs when you recall her.

• 2 years later...