Boycott your local Gamestop and cite this launch. ;)

fordfanboi

Many of us got hosed, preordering from Gamestop in Nov ( or earlier ) and not getting a code till this week. :(

Then again, Gamestop might get pissed at EA and stop doing endcaps, tower displays, etc. over it ( especially if the store mgr got hosed too! ). Regardless, gimmeh my access bishes - it waddunt my fault! :cool:

Edited by fordfanboi

Many of us got hosed, preordering from Gamestop in Nov ( or earlier ) and not getting a code till this week. :(

Then again, Gamestop might get pissed at EA and stop doing endcaps, tower displays, etc. over it ( especially if the store mgr got hosed too! ). Regardless, gimmeh my access bishes - it waddunt my fault! :cool:

You are in cloud cuckoo land if you think this will happen.

My pre-order code was on the receipt for the game when my friend got it from there and he entered it in on the 21st of July...

Mine was online. Started emailing them about not getting the code after 1 week. They kept putting me off and stating they do crap on weekends, etc. Whatevs. :mad:

Mine was online. Started emailing them about not getting the code after 1 week. They kept putting me off and stating they do crap on weekends, etc. Whatevs. :mad:

Example:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing back to GameStop.com.

We apologize that you have not received your bonus item yet. Since you submitted all of the necessary information, we will be more than happy to send in a request to our Premiums department for review and processing.

Please allow 2 business day for any online offers such as codes. Please note that physical items are processed the following Saturday from when the request is submitted and are sent out at the beginning of each week via USPS.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Travis

GameStop Customer Service

As a former supervisor at GameStop, I know the issue was the pool of preorder codes had dried up. Sometimes you can just preorder from another store to get the code.

There are a ton of them in Austin - wish I'd known - but then again, the online help should have filled me in. If I'd known access was based on entering a code, I'd have been more persistent. =\

Boycott them. Are you nuts.

They got everything right for me.

July 21 CE pre-order. - Check

CE Pre-order code given to me at the same time - Check

Entered Pre-order code within 20 mins. - Check.

The only way they could screw this up is to not given me my physical box and that at this point seems very unlikely.

No way I boycott.

I think I had 23 people order this game cause things are going so well.

Edited by Quraswren

No joke I had words with the Gamestop guy yesterday when I returned Swtor. For some reason I wanted to punch him in the face but he sensed my rage and backed down after stating "but the game won't be out for 6 days"

Que laser eye lock and boom my money back so fast it kind of made me feel good to tell Gamestop they suck and ruined Swtor for me.

The no code fiasco also led my friend to return the game today to same Gamestop. He bought the game a few weeks after pre order but Gamestop no coded him and never sent it.

These are some valid reasons you don't launch a game this way. Cause you inevitably bork some of your customers.

It should have been staggered over a day..all pre orders play the same day. Not this fiasco of some players still waiting.

Edited by Dizkazk

Boycott them. Are you nuts.

They got everything right for me.

July 21 CE pre-order. - Check

CE Pre-order code given to me at the same time - Check

Entered Pre-order code within 20 mins. - Check.

The only way they could screw this up is to not given me my physical box and that at this point seems very unlikely.

No way I boycott.

So it worked - THIS TIME. Apparently the possibility is there for them to screw up. If that ever happens to you with them - I guess you'll remember me squirting tears and warning yas. ;)

I'm not sure if I'd blame gamestop for this one.

When I pre-ordered in November, they told me they ran out of codes, and I asked them if they were planning on getting anymore, and they said Bioware told them to stop printing them on receipts period.

I'm in the same boat as you (only got my code a week ago because Gamestop wouldn't give me one), but I really do feel the blame should be directed at Bioware/EA. I tried getting a code from them, but they just told me to sit tight, then they ran me around in circles. :(

So it worked - THIS TIME. Apparently the possibility is there for them to screw up. If that ever happens to you with them - I guess you'll remember me squirting tears and warning yas. ;)

There are many things that could happen but I don't dwell on them, even if they actually do happen.

So being upset to the point of tears will NEVER happen. I know never is a pretty strong word but trust me. It will never happen.

Maturity lets you get over things like that even if at a young age.

There are many things that could happen but I don't dwell on them, even if they actually do happen.

So being upset to the point of tears will NEVER happen. I know never is a pretty strong word but trust me. It will never happen.

Maturity lets you get over things like that even if at a young age.

Heh - squirting tears is a figure of speech. If I were upset, this thread would be in bold red! heh. Just bored and wondering how many others got hosed.

I'm close to over the hill and work at a different gaming company in Austin. I know how this crap goes down. Not the first time Gamestop hosed me and obviously I didn't learn - dummit. :rolleyes:

Im still constantly amazed at how many gamers foolishly pre order anything other than console games from Gamestop. Gamestop is the worst place in the world to pre order a PC game unless your one of the very few that live in a tiny town that has a gamestop that works in mostly PC. Those are a rare breed.

I boycotted them years ago. My GF still shops at our local GS though. 'I want to keep money in the local economy'. She's such a hippy. :p

Of course, what does she get for being so nice? Well, it took GS two months to send her a pre-order code. Looks like she'll finally be able to get in tomorrow. Maybe this will finally get her to stop shopping there!