Shouldn't have closed the AC Switching thread.

AzKnc

It doesn't really matter that devs answered about it.

There's still loads of people who want to be able to switch their advanced class, some once, some at will.

I understand that from a money making point of view forcing people to roll mutliple characters (and paying game time while doing so) makes sense, but the system itself really does not.

Is it worth frustrating your customers to just to make this extra money in the first few months? Bioware answers was yes, apparently. Fine, my answer is i'll leave cause i won't be subjected to this mockery of a system.

Being able to switch ac wouldn't influence the playstyle of people who want to roll multiple characters to play different specs, while on the other hand NOT being able to switch ac does influence my playstyle cause i'd rather not have to use two different characters to fully experience my main, not to mention pvp/social/gear/etc progress is something that would feel idiotic to farm on 2 different chars just to use different glorified specs.

I have several lvl 50s of actually different classes, but i never spent a single second of my game time rolling the same one just to pic the other spec, and i never will. It's idiotic and an insult to everyone's intelligence.

This whole ac business is merely designed to force fake replay value down people's throats.

Closing the ac switching thread and redirecting people wanting to discuss this IMPORTANT feature into some generic thread about the q&a was lower than low.

Edited by AzKnc

It doesn't really matter that devs answered about it.

There's still loads of people who want to be able to switch their advanced class, some once, some at will.

I understand that from a money making point of view forcing people to roll mutliple characters (and paying game time while doing so) makes sense, but the system itself really does not.

Is it worth frustrating your customers to just to make this extra money in the first few months? Bioware answers was yes, apparently. Fine, my answer is i'll leave cause i won't be subjected to this mockery of a system.

Being able to switch ac wouldn't influence the playstyle of people who want to roll multiple characters to play different specs, while on the other hand NOT being able to switch ac does influence my playstyle cause i'd rather not have to use two different characters to fully experience my main, not to mention pvp/social/gear/etc progress is something that would feel idiotic to farm on 2 different chars just to use different glorified specs.

I have several lvl 50s of actually different classes, but i never spent a single second of my game time rolling the same one just to pic the other spec, and i never will. It's idiotic and an insult to everyone's intelligence.

This whole ac business is merely designed to force fake replay value down people's throats.

Closing the ac switching thread and redirecting people wanting to discuss this IMPORTANT feature into some generic thread about the q&a was lower than low.

It isnt designed to force fake replay value down your throats. How are they forcing you to reroll an AC. They dont even incentivise it with a new story line. Their are 8 other storylines and classes to try out, not to mention say you play a scoundrel smuggler you can then go and play a sniper operative.

They certainly arent shoving it down your throat they are diversifying their roles.

You are basically asking them to let you switch classes at the end game. No mmo with single class roles will ever let you do that (not that i know of at least) it just doesnt make sense at all.

Herp derp i want to switch classes at level 50 because i made the wrong decision. You have to live with the decision you made at level 10 so choose wisely they tell you this when you have to choose an AC.

People asking for this must be new to mmo's or something, or maybe its the SWG people but it wasnt single class roles in SWG in games like SWTOR it just doesnt work. "I made a healer class and now i want to play a tank" It shouldnt be an option and never will be so get over it.

Edited by Samborino

Another qq suggestion. Me no want shadow anymore let me have sage qq. All those ac switch. Threads are dumb. They think since there the same "class" they should be able to ac change at will. I dk think they realize that there class only affects story and nothing else. The advanced class is the CLASS

If they closed it, it means they read it. If they closed it, they probably do not think it is a good suggestion either and will probably not implement it. If they do not want to implement it, opening another thread about it will not really make them change their mind.

I'm thinking AC switching is not something BW intends to implement at all, so closing threads is also ok I guess.

Well isn't it obvious, bioware wanted to make 8 classes per faction, but they did not have time nor budget to make 8 stories per faction, so they combined 2 classes into 1 story.

Yes you should not be able to spec between classes, but those stopped being "classes" when they were put together into 1 bigger "class". Following this logic you could call every spec a "class".

I want to be able to respec to anything my class can potentially be, because rolling 8 stories is already more than enough.

Edited by complexxLT