Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

Isn't getting a group together through gen chat just like a random pug? I have yet to use vent for a regular FP from a chat made group. And yeah even people on my server that I join at random can't cc, don't know focus fire or manage aggro....

Don't really see a whole lot of difference. Just because you get a group randomly through chat doesn't mean everyone is some how pro.

The only way to guarantee a good knowledgeble group is not PUG and only use friends/guildies at all regardless of the system that makes a group.

Oh absolutely it's just like a random pug. But the reason I, and I assume others, never respond to those spams for groups is that I have no desire to wipe all night. With the current content I will never use the LFG tool even if it is released.

Make the content more pug friendly and it will be easier to get pugs, either from spamming chat or a LFG tool.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh absolutely it's just like a random pug. But the reason I, and I assume others, never respond to those spams for groups is that I have no desire to wipe all night. With the current content I will never use the LFG tool even if it is released.

Make the content more pug friendly and it will be easier to get pugs, either from spamming chat or a LFG tool.

Nothing up to BP HM is so difficult that anyone should be wiping all night.

The LFG tool IS coming, it's currently a matter of whether or not they will implement Cross-Server. But if you do not have any intention of using it, why should you be concerned enough to post here at all? Just curious.

Nothing up to BP HM is so difficult that anyone should be wiping all night.

The LFG tool IS coming, it's currently a matter of whether or not they will implement Cross-Server. But if you do not have any intention of using it, why should you be concerned enough to post here at all? Just curious.

First off, I am not against a LFG tool server or cross server. Actually I would like to see such a tool.

Second, what's easy for you/me isn't what's easy for a pug.

Finally, I am posting because I am trying to add to the conversation. Namely, the point that simply adding a LFG tool won't equal lots of pugs. If you want lots of pugs you need content that lots of pugs can/will do.

First off, I am not against a LFG tool server or cross server. Actually I would like to see such a tool.

Second, what's easy for you/me isn't what's easy for a pug.

Finally, I am posting because I am trying to add to the conversation. Namely, the point that simply adding a LFG tool won't equal lots of pugs. If you want lots of pugs you need content that lots of pugs can/will do.

Gotcha. What I meant by my first line is that from Hammer Station to HM BT I've seen very little need for "advanced" tactics beyond the occasional Boss mechanic, and every single Flash Point I've run thus far to 50 has been a PuG. I feel like the only content in danger of being "nerfed" in order to allow random people to play with ease, would be higher tier HMs and Operations. Which I don't think I am a fan of. I am all for Cross-Server LFG, but there should still be something for the "leets" (not using it as a derogatory at the moment) to be able to accomplish, where they're not just steamrolling through halfheartedly.

Pardon if I came across as combative, I've read so many "I'm not using it! I'm quitting! This is the death of X/Y/Z" that it's hard not to assume.

I would.. It destroyed what little community WoW had. WoW is a cess pool and it is just getting worse.
Those posts have zero value.

For every feature announced, we have that kind of 'I leave if it is in" posts.

And those kind of posts destroy the community. Such doomsaying statement is ridiculous? I know.

Cross server LFD isn't a big win for casuals. Its a big win for bads. They should rename it "keyturning bads be carried tool." I'm at a loss to think of one mmo developer that added a cross server auto grouping tool to their game and didn't dumb down all the content associated with it.

It also makes perfect sense that the people here who are saying mmos don't really have a community are the same people who don't seem to be able to enjoy mmos without something like a cross server auto grouping tool.

I didn't use the LFD feature in the last mmo I played while I watched it's inevitable decline regaurdless of the tool being added and I won't use it here.

In before "it will be your loss." No, it will be my gain and using it will be your loss as in loss of interest in this game in the long run. No mmo developer could ever keep any of us satisfied with playing their game for any length of time based on the content of the game alone and don't tell me its the riveting gameplay either. Its the people we play with that keep us playing.

Cross server LFD isn't a big win for casuals. Its a big win for bads. They should rename it "keyturning bads be carried tool." I'm at a loss to think of one mmo developer that added a cross server auto grouping tool to their game and didn't dumb down all the content associated with it.

It also makes perfect sense that the people here who are saying mmos don't really have a community are the same people who don't seem to be able to enjoy mmos without something like a cross server auto grouping tool.

I didn't use the LFD feature in the last mmo I played while I watched it's inevitable decline regaurdless of the tool being added and I won't use it here.

In before "it will be your loss." No, it will be my gain and using it will be your loss as in loss of interest in this game in the long run. No mmo developer could ever keep any of us satisfied with playing their game for any length of time based on the content of the game alone and don't tell me its the riveting gameplay either. Its the people we play with that keep us playing.

Another of those posts which confuse everything.

It establishes a correlation between the tool and the difficulty of the content

It establishes a correlation between the tool and the quality of the community.

Thanks for the good laugh.

These are just your opinions and personal perspective.

LFG is absolutely a win for casuals, in my opinion, regardless what slandering names you'd like to apply to those of us in favor of it. Sure "Community" exists, but only between you and those you choose to interact with, if LFG/Cross-Server/Whatever kills your community, there was something already wrong with it. For the rest of us wanting this feature, it's a boon to our community as it allows us more freedom and options to enjoy the game the way we want. Sorry you feel this way.

Edited by MalignX

Another of those posts which confuse everything.

It establishes a correlation between the tool and the difficulty of the content

It establishes a correlation between the tool and the quality of the community.

Thanks for the good laugh.

In reguards to "the community" I said specifically that its always the ones asking for tools that avoid being subject to a community that deny there being one.

Name all the mmos that added cross server LFD and didn't lower the difficulty of the content associated with the tool.

Unless you're still confused, I guess the joke is on you.

In reguards to "the community" I said specifically that its always the ones asking for tools that avoid being subject to a community that deny there being one.

Name all the mmos that added cross server LFD and didn't lower the difficulty of the content associated with the tool.

Unless you're still confused, I guess the joke is on you.

1. What does the community have to do in a thread about a LFG tool?

2. That use of the "always" term is ridiculous. False generalizations are not going to lead you somewhere.

3. How am I supposed to do that? Do I know every single MMO which has included a LFG tool and has lowered its content? How my inability to answer that makes your point valid, or establishes a correlation? Weird reasoning there.

These are just your opinions and personal perspective.

LFG is absolutely a win for casuals, in my opinion, regardless what slandering names you'd like to apply to those of us in favor of it. Sure "Community" exists, but only between you and those you choose to interact with, if LFG/Cross-Server/Whatever kills your community, there was something already wrong with it. For the rest of us wanting this feature, it's a boon to our community as it allows us more freedom and options to enjoy the game the way we want. Sorry you feel this way.

You're shifting from casuals to bads as though my "slander" applies to both. Thats an insult to all casuals who aren't keyturners. Casuals eventually find regular groups to roll with because they aren't bad. Bads don't share this luxury unless you of course add a LFD tool and make it cross server.

I never said it kills the community, it sours the community instead. The reason I give you even an ounce of respect in a video game is because you're a good player who reciprocates that respect. Its soo simple.

I'm very well aware you want to enjoy the game the way you want, something about as mmo as call of duty in reguards to any social aspect. That wont keep people playing this game or anyother mmo that isn't already very well established for any length of time. This is why WoW won't die, all the lingering playerbase who have built up enough repoire with their fellow players they call it an investment. Mark my words.

Edited by Vlaxitov

You're shifting from casuals to bads as though my "slander" applies to both. Thats an insult to all casuals who aren't keyturners. Casuals eventually find regular groups to roll with because they aren't bad, bads don't.

Pardon, what is your definition of "Bads"? Perhaps I'm confused on your use of the word.

I never said it kills the community, it sours the community instead. The reason I give you even an ounce of respect in a video game is because you're a good player who reciprocates that respect. Its soo simple.

Sours it how? Please elaborate.

I'm very well aware you want to enjoy the game the way you want, something about as mmo as call of duty in reguards to any social aspect. That wont keep people playing this game or anyother mmo that isn't already very well established for any length of time. This is why WoW won't die, all the lingering playerbase who have built up enough repoire with their fellow players they call it an investment. Mark my words.

So because I want to play a game the way I want it, I am only as social as a CoD player? Could you elaborate on that as well? Perhaps your "slander" has some kind of merit to it I am missing.

No clue what a 'Keyturner' is either.

Looks like the suggestion/compromise thread is dead. How sad :(

At least if it dies, it can't be said we didn't try to further a healthy dialogue, and we'll still get our LFG tool to boot. Honestly, I feel Cross-Server is going to happen regardless of what gets discussed here.

And here I was hoping to get a MMO without teleporting LFG and cross-server instancing. Those things just destroy communities in MMOs.

People will never leave their home cities, the world outside will be devoid of players.

The problem is there ISNT communities in a lot of servers; some of them are dead.

So its either this, server merge or standing in the fleet for 50 minutes trying to get a group.

And here I was hoping to get a MMO without teleporting LFG and cross-server instancing. Those things just destroy communities in MMOs.

People will never leave their home cities, the world outside will be devoid of players.

This is becoming a tired goto argument.

The problem is there ISNT communities in a lot of servers; some of them are dead.

So its either this, server merge or standing in the fleet for 50 minutes trying to get a group.

Server merge is the best option. The problem some servers shouldn't become the problem of all servers.

Your mistake is that you assume that TOR's LFG tool will be a copy of WoW's. Denying a tool based on such speculation is ridiculous.

This is becoming a tired goto argument.

I saw it happen first hand when it was implemented in WoW. No more reputation with other players, no more traveling to the instances. The world died. They might aswell just make the cities, and instances and remove all the world that's in between because everyone will be teleporting anyways.

Server merge is the best option. The problem some servers shouldn't become the problem of all servers.

The best solution is cross server LFD tool + free transfers + server merge.

The server merging alone is insufficient, particularly for players who have odd hours.

Edited by Ethern