Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally a feature the Dev team was excited to implement, the Codex seems to have been neglected since launch with many titles and entries being bugged and/or unobtainable.

When are we going to start seeing fixes to the Codex rolled out and what are the plans for its future?

Would your share some of your interesting metric data with us, please?

More information:

Not forum gasoline like "which class has the best kill ratio in PvP," but maybe things like:

• What percentage of players romance each romanceable NPC? Who's the most-often pursued? The least?

• What's the average amount of time a player spends on character creation?

Or anything else you can think of that might be cool to know.

Edited by Felioats

I'm asking these two questions because I DID NOT read EVERY single page (which was 20 last time I checked) you can call me lazy, non-devoted or what have you but here goes. Will there be or is there an ETA on any data collecting add-ons (or a "merger" with such sites) for sites such as TORhead, etc. in the future? Not that it is NEEDED but it'd be nice so people would not have to in-put every single thing onto the site and therefore the information isn't wrong or mistyped by the community. Also, this is has to do with add-ons as well and I could've asked it in the sentence but is there and ETA on when add-ons will be available to be "made", etc.? I'm not talking about the flashy ones or the ones that people call "cheating" I'm talking about those that help people with things such as cool downs, their UI, etc. I know that BioWare/EA is giving us a customizable UI but there is only so much they're able to do with a "default" coding/UI.

I myself love the upcoming UI changes such-as the cool down numerical countdown, moveable UI, etc. Until there are add-ons available though, I will be one happy player and I applaud the development team, etc. on how far they've come in such a very little time.

Everyone (including myself) it's all trial and error and that this is still a "new" game and still in progress.

That all said, great job BioWare/EA and I commend you on what you've done thus far and continue to do in the future.

:cool::D:cool:

Everyone develops bad habits. I get used to where I hotkeyed existing combat abilities, and find myself locking into a box with abilities. I often neglect my newer abilities b/c I'm used to the older ones. I may also not notice when new abilities complement old ones. Advanced training specific to a character's abilities would be helpful. Additionally, some moves are very effective when used with a certain technique, or in combination with other abilities. Any plans to have the class trainer actually train you to use your abilities appropriately?

Will you ever introduce a trial period for SWTOR? (Not sure if anyone asked this question yet)

A lot of people I know are unsure if they want to play the game and everyone should know that it requires playing a game to fall in love with it not just watching YouTube videos. :p

What are your plans around Combat Logs and a Threat Meter? Lack of these are the chief complaints I hear from members of my guild. We need a way to determine what happened when we wipe. We would like a way to quantify individual improvements to our game play. We would like to have a means of determining who is building aggro faster than the tanks; especially when the tank's taunts are on a 15 second cooldown.

Thank you.

-hithlo

Guildmaster, Wicked Claw

When can we expect same-gender romance options in the game?

One thing that attracted me to this game was Bioware's fantastic reputation for equality and inclusiveness. That said, many supporters of this feature are getting a bit frustrated by the lack of communication coming from the dev team on this. Can you say something to alleviate our concerns?

This is a really long shot, but I figured it couldn't hurt:

Would there be a way to implement a Sith character being redeemed/a Jedi character falling to the Dark Side beyond the current light/dark system? If so, is it something the dev team has considered?

And, like many others, I would also like a little bit more information about the same-gender romances. Even if the answer is "We don't know when they're coming, but we're working on it."

Thank you!

Hello there!

I was wondering if there is plans for new reciepees or anything else to make the crafting skills a little more useful? As it stands right not it is by far easier to grind the epic material than it is to learn the reciepees. And the epic loot are quite simply, superior to the best a crafter can presently make.

This would not be an issue had it not also been easier to get. For example:

To make an advanced enchantment you need to disassemble a an enchantment till you crit, then you need to make enough of the superior (blue) version and disassemble those until you crit. Thats the reciepe, then you need several rare ingredients ontop of this, whose gathering time is roughly an hour per mission, only gotten on a crit.