Force Shout: Because Force Scream is way cooler than Blade Storm

creechuur

Force Scream is sick; a beast-like roar that knocks enemies off their feet. Jedi, on the other hand, get Blade Storm, yet another saber slash attack that does the same thing. Its not horrible, but SO BORING. Give Jedi Force Shout, a heroic battle cry that makes enemies tremble before them!

I know it sounds like a minor thing, but a bunch of minor things like this are the reason no one wants to be a Jedi.

Also, Shouldn't Force Scream/Blade Storm be cone abilities that affect X number of enemies in front of the character instead of single enemies?

Edit: Why is the word "b.e.s.t.i.a.l" censored? Weird.

Edited by creechuur

Why do all the Jedi want the Sith abilities? You have only yourselves to blame for choosing the side that explicitly holds up restraint and humility as virtues.

My main is Jugg, and I love her. I tried to play a Jedi and couldn't believe how buggy and lame a lot of the abilities were in comparison with the Sith mirrors. Theres obviously an imbalance between sides right now, so that was my 2 cents on how to make people want to play Jedi more.

Having restraint and humility as virtues shouldn't mean Jedi can't be cool.

Speaking as a Jedi Guardian player...

Hell no. If I wanted run around screaming at people I'd play a Sith. I much prefer the storm blade to some sort of force shout. It's also something not keeping with the concept of a Jedi. They don't run around yelling at people.

If you don't like it that's fine. But don't try and break my powers and try to make my Jedi into a Sith.

Edited by VanorDM

Having restraint and humility as virtues shouldn't mean Jedi can't be cool.

True, but I think the Sith are always going to end up the flashier group. The dark siders are flashy, elaborate, and extravagant. You see it in their saber designs, their armor, and their abilities. The Jedi are restrained, humble, and down-to-earth. It's part of their respective factional aesthetics. The Sith and Empire have the more appealing aesthetics to many. There's not a whole lot to do about that.

Speaking as a Jedi Guardian player...

Hell no. If I wanted run around screaming at people I'd play a Sith. I much prefer the storm blade to some sort of force shout. It's also something not keeping with the concept of a Jedi. They don't run around yelling at people.

If you don't like it that's fine. But don't try and break my powers and try to make my Jedi into a Sith.

Nothings being broken, its purely cosmetic. I'm just one person with an opinion, same as you. No need to get all up in arms.

I guess you have a point though, Jedi don't really make a lot of noise when they fight. I just thought a heroic kiai would be cool.

Nothings being broken, its purely cosmetic

Some sort of Force Shout rather then my rather elegant blade storm, where I hit you with pure Jedi Awesome, would be broken to me. :)

Let me put it into perspective, because that might help.

What you asked for, would be about the same thing as if I were to make a suggestion that a Sith's light saber be changed into a rainbow color and instead of force choke they throw kittens at someone.

Edited by VanorDM