Crafting oranges rumor

AerezDrey

One of my friends told me that it is possible to make crafted orange gear that has augment slots now. Any truth to this? Or is the orange crafted gear still limited to just an armor, mod, and enhancement slot?

Thanks in advance to anybody that actually knows the answer (don't just speculate please).

From http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

So...its not possible now, but could be possible in the future.

Edited by AtPlay

One of my friends told me that it is possible to make crafted orange gear that has augment slots now. Any truth to this? Or is the orange crafted gear still limited to just an armor, mod, and enhancement slot?

Thanks in advance to anybody that actually knows the answer (don't just speculate please).

I'm not sure about any orange gear. But I have seen my companions and other guild members "crit" (or "completed with great success") a blue or purple item, which adds in that augment slot. This just seems to be luck though, to get the augment slot. I think it helps if you craft with a companion that has your crew skill efficiency.

As for orange gear though, I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure about any orange gear. But I have seen my companions and other guild members "crit" (or "completed with great success") a blue or purple item, which adds in that augment slot. This just seems to be luck though, to get the augment slot. I think it helps if you craft with a companion that has your crew skill efficiency.

As for orange gear though, I'm really not sure.

Augment slots occur on 'critical success' of creation of an item. You get a message stating that your companion completed his task 'with great success.' Companions with +X Crit to a skill have an increased chance for this to happen, but any companion CAN crit. Affection seems to help their success rate. Currently, crits are NOT possible on orange GEAR, although orange LIGHTSABERS can be crit upon. Hence the post from the devs stating this was being added with a MAJOR content update (likely 1.2).

Hi All,

As I understand it currently (Feel free to jump in and tell me I am wrong :cool:)

SWTOR as at 11th Feb 2012

No Moddable (Orange) Armour crafted by either Armormech or Sythweave will ever crit to add an Augment slot

Some other crafts (Artifice? Armstech?) can crit on moddable (orange) items to add an augment slot

SWTOR as at Undesclosed future time

Moddable (Orange) Armour crafted by either Armormech or Sythweave will have a chance to crit to add an Augment slot

Not much help I know, but there it is

Regards

Wolf