Gear, What is the rush??!!!

rgizzie

Seriously....all these issues come from obtaining gear and how fast one can get it. WHY??? Can someone please tell me what is the rush to get gear? I don't think the game is going anywhere for awhile and there will always be some no lifer with more gear then you. So what if you don't finish your daily in one day? How cares? You toon will be there tomorrow.

It comes down to out society now. Must get everything I want NOW!! I blame Obama!

Seriously....all these issues come from obtaining gear and how fast one can get it. WHY??? Can someone please tell me what is the rush to get gear? I don't think the game is going anywhere for awhile and there will always be some no lifer with more gear then you. So what if you don't finish your daily in one day? How cares? You toon will be there tomorrow.

It comes down to out society now. Must get everything I want NOW!! I blame Obama!

Because the gear is inidicative of progress. It happens to be the reward system in place. If I could get cookies and milk instead, that would be fine too.

The problem is that the system is broken, so whether it's gear or candy, I'm not getting it when I succeed, which means I'm spinning my wheels for what appears to be no reason at all. And THAT is what people are really complaining about.

Can't tell if you are serious or just messing around. But I think everyone is in a rush for 1 of 2 reasons. First they are not that good at pvp and want to get a leg up advantage to those who can't play as often, Or second they are skilled pvprs and want to be on even ground with everyone they come up against so they don't get stomped by someone below thier own skill level. The game is very gear dependant.

You can't come out in blues and face a BM geared player and expect to have a chance unless he is playing with his left foot and is partly blind. Most, I assume of are the mindset that well I can't beat em, may as well join em. Most of these people that are only going for the shiney epics to feel some sort of accomplishment will more then likely get stomped when they no longer outgear 70% of the server. Then all that will be left is the pvprs that only got the gear so they could stand thier ground and play the game in a competative battle.

Edited by Wisky

its because people think full BM gear will make them better at pvp. too bad it doesnt. a good pvper in a mix of champ/cent gear will beat a bad pvper who is in full BM gear time and time again. the fact that we( republic side ) win as many wzs as we do and can beat back the imps in ilum even though we are out greared and usually outnumbered says it all.

because you need gear to compete properly in pvp welcome to MMOs thanks for the fail thread

No crap Sherlock! Either way you are going to get your butt kicked the same amount no matter how fast you do it? You are still going to be a fresh 50 in the beginning and whether you grind 10 hours a day or play 30 minutes twice a week...the butt kicking is still going to be the same. So you my friend are the one that failed to take you time and not get frustrated by not being able to get your candy right now!!!!!

The OP has a point, but that's just the way MMOs are designed. The become victims of their own mechanics after a while too once people get everything there is to get and become disillusioned.

For most of us who don't play a huge amount, ideally there should be sufficient gear to keep aiming for, aka the ol' carrot and stick approach. Some people just run out of carrots...

Edited by Evilpingu

Can't tell if you are serious or just messing around. But I think everyone is in a rush for 1 of 2 reasons. First they are not that good at pvp and want to get a leg up advantage to those who can't play as often, Or second they are skilled pvprs and want to be on even ground with everyone they come up against so they don't get stomped by someone below thier own skill level. The game is very gear dependant.

You can't come out in blues and face a BM geared player and expect to have a chance unless he is playing with his left foot and is partly blind. Most, I assume of are the mindset that well I can't beat em, may as well join em. Most of these people that are only going for the shiney epics to feel some sort of accomplishment will more then likely get stomped when they no longer outgear 70% of the server. Then all that will be left is the pvprs that only got the gear so they could stand thier ground and play the game in a competative battle.

I am not messing around. I am serious. I was one of them for a while and I stopped and was thinking....why am I in a rush to get fully geared up. Other then being able to run around to other lower lvl planets with gear to show off on how cool I am there isn't anything. And to me all the people that have full set of battlemaster gear have no life outside of the game and I really don't want to be one of those guys