41 BM Bags would actually teach you something!

djalexa

Hello dear pvp players of SWTOR and dear Bioware!

This is by no mean, a QUIT thread but it's really close to be one, soon enough!

I've already made a topic last week regarding player's frustration regarding gratification and not only

it can be found here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=270608

but please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do some changes to your current RNG system!

I am by no means a lazy character!

Nor in RL, nor here!

I was a successful gladiator back in wow in many seasons, I was a successful ranked 14 player back in Vanilla WOW etc. so I know how and HOW MUCH time to work for my gear and future progress as overall!

But this is getting absolutely frustrating on the go!

With every BM bag opened, I am purely getting more and more frustrated by this system.

I don't want to quit this game! This game is ok! I like playing it and, currently, with my guild, I am having loads of fun.

But I will eventually stop doing it if no changes are made, at least minor ones!

Thank you

TL;DR 41 BM bags opened = 1 BM commendation ONLY!

Edited by djalexa

I've put conservative estimates in other threads that peg the number of bags being opened in a two weeks at about ~1.36 million.

Hate to break it to you, but you could get zero commendations from 50,000 bags and you'd still be statistically irrelevant data. Stop with these threads.

Translation: I'm not a BM/I don't care about PvP or RNG chance drops/I don't care about you thus noone should.

To OP: I feel you. 5 days with only Champ tokens. What do I do with that ? I just wanna have ONE BM token I'm missing to get my black-red lightsaber... I'm pretty sure I'd have more luck just doing some HM raid but really... having to do raid to have a piece of pixel to go pvp ?

/shrug

Tl dr: RNG system in a timesink game is garbage.

31 Battlemaster bags.....ONLY TWO TOKENS and a dumptruck full of Champion Commendations that I can't use because I have even decked out my companions in champ gear with them.

It's utter crap and I as a paying customer demand a new system!

Edited by PinkSugar

Translation: I'm not a BM/I don't care about PvP or RNG chance drops/I don't care about you thus noone should.

To OP: I feel you. 5 days with only Champ tokens. What do I do with that ? I just wanna have ONE BM token I'm missing to get my black-red lightsaber... I'm pretty sure I'd have more luck just doing some HM raid but really... having to do raid to have a piece of pixel to go pvp ?

/shrug

Tl dr: RNG system in a timesink game is garbage.

False, actually I am a Battlemaster, and I've had below average luck with bags (~13% right now). I do think the system is stupid, the point I am trying to make however is that saying "OMG I got zero commendations out of X bags" means nothing regardless of what X is. X could LITERALLY be 50,000 and it still doesn't tell BioWare anything. An individual in a game of 1.7 million subscribers will never amount to statistically relevant data.

Edited by ErrantMercenary

You guys should try PvE in WoW for example hmm let me shard this gear that no one here can even equip...

Not to say I don't agree that RNG systems are a crap shoot and suck hard core. What we need is some idea of what would be better? No gear? Cosmetic gear? Kill who ever thought of this load in the first place? (I think i encountered gear first in FF for NES)

Seriously how does my armor make me hit harder SRSLY

Edited by solnar_xan