I keep seeing threads stating Sorcs are OP... Why?

MercArcher

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they die to them in the scenarios, so obviously they must be over powered. Just the nature of people who PvP, the game is always unbalanced to them. (And sometimes they're right)

I PvP and whenever I see a sorc it just signals to me free kill. They are extremely weak in PvP.

I dont get it either I run as a shadow and when I see a sorc I smile because its normally a free kill unless they have a friend.

When people lose to a class and cant adapt to how the class is played they deem it op in most cases. Sometimes they are right but the majority of the time its the other players lack of skill and the class they lost to is perfectly fine.

Because people still stand in the fire rather than run. I run when I see a Sorcerer, and keep max range.

Ranged: 6 k (Base)

Lightning: 1.8 k (Base)

Who has the hitting power? Not my poor sorcerer (Yeah, I have one. But...even though I can put out the damage, Troopers and Bounty Hunters, smugglers, Operatives--anyone with a BIG gun or pistol, can do heavy damage to my poor little light armor vs. their medium and heavy armor.

Moral: If you get hurt by the sorcerer, you ain't holding your mouth right.

I'm being cheeky, but truly like the videos from the developers show and what they themselves say--it's all in how you play your critter, not the powers they bring to the fight.

:D

The problem with sorcs is that they are too good at everything. Other classes have to basically decide between DPS / Heal / Tank, while sorcs can spec into DPS and still heal "decently".

For example BH get their shield deep in the healing tree, but all sorc get their shield pretty early.

The problem with sorcs is that they are too good at everything. Other classes have to basically decide between DPS / Heal / Tank, while sorcs can spec into DPS and still heal "decently".

For example BH get their shield deep in the healing tree, but all sorc get their shield pretty early.

Not true my BH can dps as a heal spec way better than my Sorc can. Sorc are not as good as people think level one to 50 it you think they are all that.

Honestly the problem with Sorcs is not that they're overpowered by themselves, but if you get 5 of them in a warzone together it's an absolute nightmare and no fun at all. I don't know how you'd balance something like that though

Honestly the problem with Sorcs is not that they're overpowered by themselves, but if you get 5 of them in a warzone together it's an absolute nightmare and no fun at all. I don't know how you'd balance something like that though

This is my fear ...

I play an Anni Marauder, when I see a Sorc, 1v1, his butt is mine, if he has a friend, his butt is still mine, if there are multiple Sorc standing together ina small Sorc Herd, I hide and pick off the weak gazelle when the others move ;)

and BHs start out with a healing companion and sorcs dont get theirs far into the story.

BHs get a damn nice aoe early and sorcs get it at 34.

classes are different. get over it

Edited by CadaKai

and BHs start out with a healing companion and sorcs dont get theirs far into the story.

BHs get a damn nice aoe early and sorcs get it at 34.

classes are different. get over it

Are you serious? Who cares about when classes get their stuff. Its irrelevant.

But the fact that the sorc get their shield OUTSIDE of their healing tree (while everyone else have to invest deeply, and sacrifice lots of DPS) seems a bit unfair to me.

Sorcs are just too versatile.

Are you serious? Who cares about when classes get their stuff. Its irrelevant.

Not so much in this game, since they lump everyone from 10-49 into the same WZ's. And it's especially noticeable in this game since many players are getting to 50, hating Ilum, and re-rolling

Edited by Mannic

Not so much in this game, since they lump everyone from 10-49 into the same WZ's. And it's especially noticeable in this game since many players are getting to 50, hating Ilum, and re-rolling

I personally have no problem about the fact that some classes get their core abilities sooner, while others are more like "late bloomers" (looking at you, marauder). But it should at least be balanced in the end, when everyone is 50.

There's a lot of them, force lightning is very visible (even if the actual damage from it isn't as high as people assume/feel), and the shield preventing damage pisses off people trying to kill them (along with force speed running away and pillar humping).

They're a very balanced class, people just hate seeing/fighting them. They're also very easy to pick up and play, as their resource mechanic is familiar to anyone who's ever played an MMO before (unlike most of the others, who while similar are not identical to other MMO classes because of degenerative regen).

I've never complained about them before personally, because I don't feel terribly confident in taking a strong position on them- my only 50 is a guardian.

But they really are pretty annoying in pvp. I'm not sure it was a good decision on bioware's part to tie CC to the healing classes, it seems like both sorcerors and operatives have that pvp control market cornered. That'll cause problems down the road- you can't have the same damage as pure dps but significantly more utility between heals/dispels AND CC.

Maybe Jolt and Distraction should be Assassin and Sniper only to balance it out. I don't believe commandos/mercs have an interrupt.

Edited by Hyperionthethird