More character slots per server

iain_b

with eight you can have exactly one of each class.

You just won't be able to have all the advanced classes.

So? Oh, you're one of those who comes into a thread to discount suggestions just because you don't want it- even though the suggestion would have no negative impact on you or the way you play the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by iain_b

good sir can you please restrain your self next time? :D and no you can make Empire as well as Republic, 2 Sides with 4 Main classes with 2 Advanced classes so that makes, 16 chars so NO 8 chars slots is not even close to what "WE" the ALT FREAKS need :p

VOTE +1, i want more slots aswell and its all Biowares FAULT, there fantastic story lines are so good i want them to do more then ONCE, i want all ADVANCED classes.

PS: @OP next time use search, there plenty of threads about this already, BUT i like this idea so much i'll post here too.

i would love 16 characters per server + cross faction mail

Amen VOTE + 1 for 16 Char Slots!

Edited by Noxsabe

More characters slots would be great! The Legacy system is basically setup for having lots of alts so it would make perfect sense to let you have more alts. You could even tie it into the Legacy system where every 5 (or 10) levels of Legacy you get an additional character slot.

Devs like credit sinks so players could purchase a "Genealogy Record" item from a vendor to open up more character slots. Have the progression similar to how your Inventory and Cargohold open up. E.g. First slot is 10,000, Second slots is 50,000, Third is 125,000, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have more characters on one server as well. I would like to have 16 chars in total (each class with two AC's, male/female coupling, light and dark options)...

But I don't think it's the correct argument to say that we can't do all classes with only 8 characters...

But a +1 vote from me for adding more characters...

Yes, yes, and more yes! I want to have one of each class, but I want to play both an operative and a snipre since I love the IA class and want to play both versions of it. I would love to see just 1 slot added but would not discourage more :D

i would love 16 characters per server

all i can say is please please please please please. On a game based somewhat on alts i was very surprised they didn't launch with 16. Especially with the legacy system coming out i think it's pretty lame that we'll do all this work for legacy points but only be able to use them on HALF the classes :(

One more argument in favor of this ties into the lack of sidekicking/exemplaring in the game. While 8 slots sounds like a lot, think of a scenario where you have a few friends playing the game, and each of them has a slightly different schedule.

Maybe they can only play on certain days or times due to real life commitments. If you want to group with them, you need to maintain a variety of characters and keep them at specific levels so that you can still group with your friends. This starts to chew up your characters slots pretty quickly.

While I think the real solution to this specific problem would be adding a sidekicking/exemplaring feature, another possibility is adding more character slots to accommodate this.

Edited by Kalabakk

Honestly I can see why people would want to have more than just 8 slots per server but personally I don't see why anyone would want to have them at the same time. I know I'm an altoholic, but here's the thing:

Would you want to play the same storyline twice in a row on the same side???

If you chose an Operative to play through the 1st time and a Sniper the 2nd play through then the Storyline is going to be the exact same. Doesn't matter which options you choose for Lightside or Darkside. The only difference is the Outcome in Quest results which will ultimately end up the same as well.

If you want to play the Republic or Imperial Mirror class, Then I would suggest going The opposite direction with a whole new story line with those Factions. At least then you can see what you're missing out on. Or you can just Make 8 Imperials on one server and 8 republics on another. Or you can split them up 4 and 4 on one server Lightside and 4 and 4 on another server Dark Side. Take you choice but don't be greedy with wanting more Character Slots.

Now once a patch or expansion comes out and the Legacy Benefits come into play, Then I can see more Options being added later on; especially since chances there will be more races added to the game then. Just hang on with a little more patience guys, This is still a brand new game, so no you can not have all your cookies and milk and icecream and cake all at once.

Edited by TheRealPyxx

give us 16 slots! one thing i Hated about Warhammer was that you had 12 classes and 10 slots.

There is no reason, other than bad hardware, to deny us more character slots.

And if you charge money for them that tells us one singular FACT: you are not making enough money to support the development of the game and it is going to slowly collapse as you slowly have to layoff more and more developers to account from your falling profits, while the game updates become less and less frequent and people get bored and burn through what ever minuscule content patches you are able to create.

Only bad games charge for more than a sub fee.

Honestly I can see why people would want to have more than just 8 slots per server but personally I don't see why anyone would want to have them at the same time. I know I'm an altoholic, but here's the thing:

Would you want to play the same storyline twice in a row on the same side???

If you chose an Operative to play through the 1st time and a Sniper the 2nd play through then the Storyline is going to be the exact same. Doesn't matter which options you choose for Lightside or Darkside. The only difference is the Outcome in Quest results which will ultimately end up the same as well.

If you want to play the Republic or Imperial Mirror class, Then I would suggest going The opposite direction with a whole new story line with those Factions. At least then you can see what you're missing out on. Or you can just Make 8 Imperials on one server and 8 republics on another. Or you can split them up 4 and 4 on one server Lightside and 4 and 4 on another server Dark Side. Take you choice but don't be greedy with wanting more Character Slots.

Now once a patch or expansion comes out and the Legacy Benefits come into play, Then I can see more Options being added later on; especially since chances there will be more races added to the game then. Just hang on with a little more patience guys, This is still a brand new game, so no you can not have all your cookies and milk and icecream and cake all at once.

There are a lot of people that formed groups of friends and used the guild launch system to arrange both republic and sith guilds on the same server. Once you pick a server, there should be absolutely no expectation that you ever play on another one. I want the flexability to play any of my characters with any of my friends, so it all has to be on one server.

There is no reason not to give us more character slots for FREE

One settlement I would have is every 50 you get unlocks another character slot up to 16, and it can be tied into the legacy system so to get your first new slot you need legacy 10, and to 16th is legacy 30 or something.

One more argument in favor of this ties into the lack of sidekicking/exemplaring in the game. While 8 slots sounds like a lot, think of a scenario where you have a few friends playing the game, and each of them has a slightly different schedule.

Maybe they can only play on certain days or times due to real life commitments. If you want to group with them, you need to maintain a variety of characters and keep them at specific levels so that you can still group with your friends. This starts to chew up your characters slots pretty quickly.

While I think the real solution to this specific problem would be adding a sidekicking/exemplaring feature, another possibility is adding more character slots to accommodate this.

Sidekicking/exemplaring does not belong in this game.

This game is a rollercoaster, not a themepark. A theme park hints to some choice in what order you can do things in. A themepark is closer to a sandbox than SW:TOR is to a themepark. If every section wasn't tied into the major story line and every quest didn't require you to be at a certain point in that story line... then yes, sidekicking would work. But if yo sk/ex here one of you will be losing some headway.

I would go for an ex system though, where it brings you down. This way you can help people without turning every mob kill into 1xp and 1legacyxp.

Shared storage between characters

Shared wardrobe between characters

Ability to remotely manage other characters, send their companions on missions or even swap companions out for other class companions.

Would be more interesting for accounts to be given a small capital ship that effectively becomes a base for ALL of the account characters on the server. From here you can manage every companon, all the storage spaces of different characters and combine the crafting of all your characters.

As a result, someone with 8 characters on the same side could effectively micro-manage their own private army of manufacturers and storage spaces.

More characters slots would be great! The Legacy system is basically setup for having lots of alts so it would make perfect sense to let you have more alts. You could even tie it into the Legacy system where every 5 (or 10) levels of Legacy you get an additional character slot.

I actually hope that when they expand on the Legacy System, that they at the very least allow us to have more Alts or allow us a 1 time (or so) Character [species/Appearance] Change on the current patch of Characters

• 3 weeks later...

Playing the ACs is a huge difference for some classes. Have you ever tried playing a Shadow and then a Sage? It's a completely difference experience with a completely difference gameplay style. I find it to be the most striking difference, but playing a Sentinel and then a Guardian is also a big change. They don't even use the same kind of armour. Sentinels also get massively different abilities from the Guardian, which creates a different kind of gameplay.

Regardless, people want more slots so that they have more to play. It's a shame that some people have to look for multiple servers just because they don't fit on one. Even a two character slot expansion would do well for a good bit of people. This would also be a great addition to the legacy system and actually give the legacy system some worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, more slots please.

I will even pay for it--Bioware, you are leaving money on the table. (Seriously, I stayed with vastly inferior Cryptic games solely because I could feed my altaholism.)

Yes, this play style is not for everyone. But I think the demand is significant. Yes, it can impact storage and database resources. That's why folks will be more open to paying for it.

It should definitely be an option.

And additional slots are IDEAL for Bioware games--SWTOR is very replayable with different choices for each class and various side missions. Additional slots are even more appropriate here with new races and a legacy system.

It seems like alts are actually part of the game system--capitalize (maybe literally) on it!

• 3 weeks later...