New player PvP questions.

Anarchic

Hello,

I finally found time to play SWTOR and love it, especially PvP right now. As soon as I hit 10, I have found that PvP has popped non-stop for me. Because of this I went from lvl 10 to 18 yesterday and it happened so fast I wanted to ask some things to see if I need to reroll; especially when I can honestly see myself leveling all the way up in PvP and be at lvl 10 PvE story. Thank you in advance

• If I level in PvP do I skip or miss out on any PvE missions and story, or can I still replay them?
  • If I can replay them does the class story missions bump to my level or do the stay at a certain level?
  • Will leveling via PvP hurt my ability to do end game PvE content?

Also, should I spend my PvP points on the random gear boxes or simply save it. I have a couple hundred points but I can buy good gear in the auction house. Is there any advantage for saving those points for high level boxes? Also does lvl 10-49 have PvP gear that gives an advantage or PvE gear, I cannot see the difference between what I can get in the auction house or had from missions and what I received from the random boxes I tried. In fact the stuff at the auction house had better stats.

Edited by Anarchic

Hello,

I finally found time to play SWTOR and love it, especially PvP right now. As soon as I hit 10, I have found that PvP has popped non-stop for me. Because of this I went from lvl 10 to 18 yesterday and it happened so fast I wanted to ask some things to see if I need to reroll; especially when I can honestly see myself leveling all the way up in PvP and be at lvl 10 PvE story. Thank you in advance

• If I level in PvP do I skip or miss out on any PvE missions and story, or can I still replay them?
  • If I can replay them does the class story missions bump to my level or do the stay at a certain level?
  • Will leveling via PvP hurt my ability to do end game PvE content?

Also, should I spend my PvP points on the random gear boxes or simply save it. I have a couple hundred points but I can buy good gear in the auction house. Is there any advantage for saving those points for high level boxes? Also does lvl 10-49 have PvP gear that gives an advantage or PvE gear, I cannot see the difference between what I can get in the auction house or had from missions and what I received from the random boxes I tried. In fact the stuff at the auction house had better stats.

- Leveling is only one system, so as you level, your PvP and PvE effectiveness rises hand in hand

- you will simply "outlevel" your class and planet missions....you can still complete them, but you may only get 5 xp for completon if you are too far above the level of the mission....whereas completeing a lvl 18 mission at lvl 18 might offer 2-3k xp.....

- see answer #1

PvP Commendations (points) - I think these are capped at 1000, so you have to spend them periodically, or you lose out.