Why no penalties for leaving Warzones!?

Mautics

Why are there no penalties for leaving the middle of a warzone?

Most matches there are multiple people (sometimes on my team sometimes not) that rage when losing and leave. This forces other players next in queue to join warzones already in progress (and on the losing team). Bioware, what makes you think that anybody wants to join a losing warzone? Half the matches I join are already in progress and my team is losing.

And these guys that leave can just queue right back up and do it again. It's stupid. Put a debuff that prevents leavers from joining again for 30 minutes - reduce their valor/credits/commendations for a time or SOMETHING. It's getting really old.

Get rid of bad players and premades and people will stop leaving.

They already sacrifice the rewards they've earned that match. And if the match wasn't that one-sided, better people will come in and turn it. It happens. I flip losing games on occasion if they're just slightly losing.

Edited by Knifewrench

Get rid of bad players and premades and people will stop leaving.

They already sacrifice the rewards they've earned that match. And if the match wasn't that one-sided, better people will come in and turn it. It happens. I flip losing games on occasion if they're just slightly losing.

That's not the issue. The issue is that nobody wants to join a losing warzone halfway through. You can't get as many commendations/rewards - you will lose 90% of the time. And there is no deterrent to leaving (besides forfeiting the valor/credits/commendations that leavers wouldn't get anyway because they didn't do anything).

Bottom line - it affects everyone - and those who do it shouldn't be able to join another warzone for a time or should have a debuff with reduced rewards for the next warzones for a certain time limit.

Edited by Mautics

That's not the issue. The issue is that nobody wants to join a losing warzone halfway through. You can't get as many commendations/rewards - you will lose 90% of the time. And there is no deterrent to leaving (besides forfeiting the valor/credits/commendations that leavers wouldn't get anyway because they didn't do anything).

Bottom line - it affects everyone - and those who do it shouldn't be able to join another warzone for a time or should have a debuff with reduced rewards for the next warzones for a certain time limit.

so they afk instead?

the people that quit because they are losing most likely just need wins for the daily/weekly so why not change the requirements to play X amount of games, you will have people afk but it would be less than the amount with your suggestion since they would finish quicker and stop pvping

Edited by LanceUpercutt

When they implement different brackets for Queue Solo and Queue as group - im fine with penaltie for leaving, until then - thanks, but no.

This game work realy good for organised groups - it's okay for me, and many people just love this, but im mostly playng pvp as a pure solo deathmatch (i don't want carry the ball, hate me!), so ofc i will leave immidiatly as i recognize there is a premaded turtle train with tanks\healers just doing nothing but soacking\healing all incoming damage and carrying the ball to the line over and over.

If BW will implement pure Deatchmatch pvp arena with possibility to choose WZ to sign, im pretty sure - all other maps will be a dead desert with 2hrs queue time :)

+1. Give a debuff to people that leave intentionally during a match. 30 minutes CD on joining war-zones should be enough. Also let people know what type of war-zone they are about to enter on the 1 minute pop-up that announces the match so the players can leave the queue w/o penalty before actually joining a match they don't like.

AFKers should get a 2 days CD on joining war-zones (or one week ban for the maggots :p).

Allow you to select from a list what warzones you prefer.

Add a 30 minute deserter penalty.

Change the daily/weekly to not require wins. This is the casual battleground, not the ranked one.

All 3 would be ideal.

My stats this week, queuing solo as imperial, assault mercenary:

8 wins, 24 losses, 18 quitters

By 'quitters' I mean either I joined a losing match in progress, or at least one person quit the moment the other team went up by 1 point or took one door in voidstar.

Edited by Kreugen

Cause there are people like me who either have an unstable internet connection or get a crash to desktop every 30 to 45 minutes? seriously dude...

The majority should not suffer for the extreme minority.

For example, in a huttball match tonight that ended 4-2, the winning team had 8 players on the scoreboard at the end. The losing team had *15*, 5 of which did not even stick around to do a single point of damage. I guess they all had unstable internet connections, huh?

I should not get thrown into a losing match just because some emo kid's fragile ego can't handle "losing" at a video game.

The majority should not suffer for the extreme minority.

For example, in a huttball match tonight that ended 4-2, the winning team had 8 players on the scoreboard at the end. The losing team had *15*, 5 of which did not even stick around to do a single point of damage. I guess they all had unstable internet connections, huh?

I should not get thrown into a losing match just because some emo kid's fragile ego can't handle "losing" at a video game.

Maybe have a lil compassion for people having REAL technical problems. I truly sucks to be disconnected then get deserter debuff, that's one of the things I hated in Rift and SO happy wasn't implemented here.

So some loser quits a game. Play your heart out and turn it around.

At least that way you have the satisfaction of having done your best. Plus, enter halfway, get less medals sure but also in less time than a full match.

Or are you admitting you're simply not good enough to try to help the team turn a loss around?

It is rare that I'm not top damage, but that doesn't mean I can turn around a team that is getting stomped before I even join. Even if it is close, there is a significant amount of time where the team is down a man due to a quitter before the replacement can get into the game. During that time, things tend to snowball out of control.

And I do play it out, so you are wrong to address me with your post. But that doesn't change the fact that I'd much rather be in the game at the start.

Also, if you crash every game, you should fix that before you infect a team with your presence. It sucks to be down a man until a replacement can load in and get past the door.

Edited by Kreugen