Complainers = .05% of SWTOR

iheartnyc

There were 1.7 million active subscribers as of 1 week ago. Said number was growing as of February 1.

When people experience a problem in-game, they will either file a bug report, quit the game, or come to forums.

To be conservative in my math, I will assume there are 1,000 unique complainers a day on the forums posting about a "breaking bug."

1,000 / 1,700,000 = .05% of the SWTOR population

Using my VERY generous assumptions, only .05% of the SWTOR population hate the game enough to post about it. The other 99.95% are either enjoying the game, or have moved on silently without saying a word.

The .05% are also the most raucous and voisterous, making wild generalized claims about how the game is a failure. They purport to represent the other 99.95% of the population.

Thank you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 1.7 million active subscribers as of 1 week ago. Said number was growing as of February 1.

When people experience a problem in-game, they will either file a bug report, quit the game, or come to forums.

To be conservative in my math, I will assume there are 1,000 unique complainers a day on the forums posting about a "breaking bug."

Using my VERY generous assumptions, only .05% of the SWTOR population hate the game enough to post about it. The other 99.95% are either enjoying the game, or have moved on silently without saying a word.

The .05% are also the most raucous and voisterous, making wild generalized claims about how the game is a failure. They purport to represent the other 99.95% of the population.

Thank you.

And how many of those 1.7 million do you think are playing?

Just because their sub is active it doesn't mean they're playing. Also, some of them are probably on their free month still - where not all is continuing to play.

Your little math piece doesn't add up, sorry.

If you're not having a problem, you're probably busy playing the game.

I have a lot of problems with the game right now, but I send in reports or simply wait until it gets fixed. If I feel like there are enough issues that persist for too long, then I will quit the game (hypothetically). However, I won't feel the need to let a bunch of strangers on the forum know.

Thank you.

1.7 million Subs...2+ millions units sold since release...almost 2 months later.

And how many of those 1.7 million do you think are playing?

Just because their sub is active it doesn't mean they're playing. Also, some of them are probably on their free month still - where not all is continuing to play.

Your little math piece doesn't add up, sorry.

The majority of those 1.7 mil were paying customers as of last week.

Yes, you can take a statistic and make the assumption that none of them are playing. You can also make the assumption that all of them are playing. You chose the pessimistic option. Check your objectives.

I think there are 1.7 million active subscribers as of 1 week ago. I think the number was growing as of February 1.

To be completely stabbing at the dark, I will make up a fake number and say there are 1,000 unique complainers a day on the forums posting about a "breaking bug."

Bull math equation 11+5=17-87*Zebra (46^2) = Random things (Cupcakes) FALCON PUNCH

Using my completely made-up numbers and math, only umadbro hate the game enough to post about it. The other OVER 9000 are either enjoying the game, or have Shooped Da Whoop.

The umadbro are also the most raucous and voisterous, making wild generalized claims about how the game is a failure. They purport to represent the other OVER 9000 of the population.

Thank you.

Fixed.

You're welcome.

First, all of your numbers save for the 1.7 million active subscribers are totally fabricated. Second, 1,000 unique complaints per day =/= 1,000 total unique complaints. TOR has been out for 59 days including EGA. 1,000 unique complaints per day * 59 days = 59,000 unique complaints. 59,000 / 1.7 E6 = 3.5%. While not a huge number in and of itself it is nearly two orders of magnitude greater than your calculation.

Congratulations, you failed.

First, all of your numbers save for the 1.7 million active subscribers are totally fabricated. Second, 1,000 unique complaints per day =/= 1,000 total unique complaints. TOR has been out for 59 days including EGA. 1,000 unique complaints per day * 59 days = 59,000 unique complaints. 59,000 / 1.7 E6 = 3.5%. While not a huge number in and of itself it is nearly two orders of magnitude greater than your calculation.

Congratulations, you failed.

OK, let's change that estimate to 10,000 unique complaints. That's STILL a pathetic .5% of SWTOR.

Change that number to 100,000. That's STILL only 5%. The 5% is a tiny minority.

The majority of those 1.7 mil were paying customers as of last week.

Yes, you can take a statistic and make the assumption that none of them are playing. You can also make the assumption that all of them are playing. You chose the pessimistic option. Check your objectives.

Or take the realistic option ;)

OK, let's change that estimate to 10,000 unique complaints. That's STILL a pathetic .5% of SWTOR.

Change that number to 100,000. That's STILL only 5%. The 5% is a tiny minority.

I didn't care at all about the actual end percentage. I just found it laughable that you couldn't even follow your own argument.