Soresu from 60% to 100%.

Cassp

Ok it's apparent that jugg threat is not where it should be, our damage is about half of the other 2 tank classes. We have we have 1 + threat ability which is backhand on a minite and a half cooldown, other then that threat is completely damage based.

So there are work arounds in game to fix threat problems, which btw i've used all of them as tank healing in this game isn't exactly difficult.

-Use dps stims and adrenals.

-Mix and match dps gear.

-Go Vengeance spec hybrid.

-Tell your dps that dont suck to hold off on threat (I lied i havn't tried this one.. and i won't, because the bottom reason.)

-Taunt rotating, when you get to a point when all your dps are in full rakata, you simply do not hold threat, you will have to have an itch trigger finger to successfully play jugg, always ready to ram taunt and if they grab it again ram the aoe taunt. This one is problematic on bosses that will turn around and cast, as this game has no target of target or threat meter, hurdururdur.

And i'll say this once, and i truly mean it. if you are losing threat it is not your fault at all.. this is my initial rotation on pull.. Adrenal/dps trink proc, sabrethrow, backhand, sundering assault, crushing blow, furious howl, and back to standard rotation of crushing blow on cd with slams and force screams. about 5 seconds after that initial damage that is btw the highest possible damage i can do off pull, is when someone pulls aggro... that should never happen after what i've just dropped a huge amount of threat onto the boss.

And this thread will no doubt have people come on and say or think "oooo well i tanked hardmodes and im holding single threat just fine", well thats because your dps sucks, if anyone played wow all through wotlk this will make more sense as at the start tanks only had to be in the fight for like the first 40% then they could go afk for the rest and hold threat, but in icc they were barely ahead of the dps in threat. This was because gear scaling, as dps get increased damage from gear us tanks have to get minus damage taken stats. This is what happens in swtor at later gear levels.

My prefered would be nerfing the other 2 classes damage, for instance if you go into a bg a PT in tank stance can get 300+ k damage with ease... this is truly ludicrous. someone who takes like no damage is doing such high damage, well this is what we compete with. assassins are the same for single target also, we can't tell in pvp as they're melee.

Another thing they could do is simply take away the rage penalty from sureso, that would make it so we dont have to spend half the fight spamming assault to gain rage, though probably the easiest and least game breaking fix, would simply be to buff sureso forms threat from 60%-100%

You have some valid points.One question though.Are you having these problems with a PUG or with a premade guild group? In PUGs, (if the dps is geared) 9 times out of 10 the dps is facemelting the boss or said mob before your saber (from saberthrow) even reaches the target.(they do this i guess because they like the penalties from attacking the mobs front instead of the advantages waiting for the mob can be turned and attacking the back of the mob) /sarcasm off

As a rule of thumb I usually let dps know to not touch the mob until they see the mobs back.meaning, atleast you have time to temp up, ST, and force charge..turn the mob (while pos the mob using forcescream, backhand and crushing blow.) Not only does this help you build enough threat to hold the mob for the duration of the fight, it actually allows for more damage quicker from dps..since the mobs can't deflect / block any attacks from the back and since the dps wont rip it off of you so they are all attacking the mobs front (fail).

Use taunt off cd? Mechanics should be that during taunt nobody but the focus target (you) do not build threat.

Spam it whenever it's off cd (on fights that do not need you to change target etc) and you'll be fine, I am full rakata immortal and when I start tanking, non can overaggro.

Again this is like the 50th thread with comments about juggy tanks and threat.

I have played Tank on my Juggy from level 1.

I am the MT for my guild Hardmode Progression runs.

Our DPS IS CRAZY GOOD and also great to take direction.

I have stuck with mainly my Solid Immortal build since day 1.

I have a solid grip of each boss mechanic and what exactly my rotation and consumable should look like.

So lets for example take away the human problem and assume we all know how to play our characters. (pss i know this isnt the case for everyone.)

I would have to agree that Juggernauts need a threat boost. The other tanks in my guild agree with this, and are shocked we have not recieved one.

The DPS in my raid are shocked Juggernauts have not seen a boost.

I can only hope with them re-working Assassins that EVENTUALLY BioWare will read the 50 some odd complaints on this forum from geared raiders and do something about it.

I like the OP's idea of buffing the stance we use. A idea i put forth in another thread was to add a Threat Mod to Sundering Assault or Retaliation.

At this point in time im less worried about tank damage to a degree i think as raids progress its something they will have to address. or you may have guild's telling Juggies they cant raid because they hit enrage timers.

Juggernaut tanks do need a buff to our threat i would say at this point its a given.

if i hah know our threat would be this bad i would have picked a different class....

Use taunt off cd? Mechanics should be that during taunt nobody but the focus target (you) do not build threat.

Spam it whenever it's off cd (on fights that do not need you to change target etc) and you'll be fine, I am full rakata immortal and when I start tanking, non can overaggro.

Thats a dumb idea, you shouldnt have to chain taunts.... if all the tank classes had to do this that would be a valid arguement but they dont.

Edited by Grange

Never use taunts right off of cd unless needed.That is all...

It works, what's dumb about it? Son don't go in front of the line trying to shout that only your way is the valid one.

Same as you I cleared all on nightmare, had no ninja threat pulls (unless some ranged pulled before me or started dps before i jumped in).

Taunt gives 110% of the person who was holding aggro before the taunt. If working as intended you gain more threat and none can pull for next couple secs. If taunt really stops threat generation for other people while it's on target, you again gain the threat.

You know... we can adapt new styles and tactics if they work, this isn't other mmo you played and got used to.

Taunt

Instant

Cooldown: 15s

Range: 30 m

Taunts the target, forcing it to attack the Warrior for 6 seconds. Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds.

taunt does not give you bonus threat

nor does it increase your threat

Nor does it put you over the person you taunted from

Please play the class before you comment in its thread.

Just saying.

Taunt

Instant

Taunts the target, forcing it to attack the Warrior for 6 seconds. Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds.

Just saying.

^ this

Taunt

Instant

Just saying.

scroll down to threat

You can't read can you? If you can do go re-read my post, analyze it, think about it for couple of mins, then come up with a conclusion to what post next and forget about petty insults.

Bottom line: I cleared the content weeks ago, am fully geared from the shiny drops and had no problems with kills especially in the threat area.

Edited by meshade

scroll down to threat

You can't read can you? If you can do go re-read my post, analyze it, think about it for couple of mins, then come up with a conclusion to what post next and forget about petty insults.

Bottom line: I cleared the content weeks ago, am fully geared from the shiny drops and had no problems with kills especially in the threat area.

Go test it yourself. Grab a mob, tank it for a while, then have someone else attack it. Stop all actions when the other person pulls hate, then taunt it. When the 6 seconds is up, it will go straight back to the previous target.

Go test it yourself. Grab a mob, tank it for a while, then have someone else attack it. Stop all actions when the other person pulls hate, then taunt it. When the 6 seconds is up, it will go straight back to the previous target.

I have tested it. It's quite simple. Get a dps to hit a mob a couple times, then you taunt. After taunt wears off, who is it attacking? You, the person that taunted.

Hmm... interesting. I don't have a problem holding aggro in operations. My dps is in Rakata gear too, just make sure you use intercede when you can and you'll be fine.

I'm full immortal spec too.

So how exactly do you intend to intercede people when half the bosses cleave/chain lightning, move at 100 miles an hour, ontop of that how do you know who to intercede... pointless tip. Really shows you know what you're doing hurdururuduru.

Edited by Cassp

I have tested it. It's quite simple. Get a dps to hit a mob a couple times, then you taunt. After taunt wears off, who is it attacking? You, the person that taunted.

Just tested, fair enough, I was wrong.

That said, any DPS who has been DPSing hard enough to pull threat, is probably going to be within 10% of your threat level when that 6 seconds is up, making it feel pretty useless. It could use a bit more +threat on it to help. I haven't had *many* problems with it, but when my usual DPS pop their trinkets and adrenals, I might as well give up until they are done, and even then it can be hard to get back, depending on the class.

Pretty sure taunt does put you 10% ahead of the current threat leader, however I'm also pretty sure that other people can still build threat while taunt is active. Which means, unless bioware screwed up and allowed you to build 10% threat ontop of yourself, spamming it doesn't really help you, and if nothing else, punishes you if you happen to loose aggro and your taunt is on CD.

Letting yourself lose aggro on purpose, then taunting back and using your bigger threat moves could be viable as a threat boost, depending on whether the boss requires intricate positioning. However, in ops, quite a lot of bosses do, so it doesn't really help unless you time it perfectly.

Edited by Aikagi

Just tested, fair enough, I was wrong.

That said, any DPS who has been DPSing hard enough to pull threat, is probably going to be within 10% of your threat level when that 6 seconds is up, making it feel pretty useless. It could use a bit more +threat on it to help. I haven't had *many* problems with it, but when my usual DPS pop their trinkets and adrenals, I might as well give up until they are done, and even then it can be hard to get back, depending on the class.

Quality post, that can admit being wrong.

Now I think form doing some testing during raids that taunt stops them for those 6 secs from gaining aggro, but might be some mechanics here and not the taunt itself.

I let the dps pound on mob, then taunt, dps keeps pounding, taunt wears off - the mob is still one me for the next second - after that if I don't do anything or do not do anything during taunt the mob goes back to DPS.

Like I said tho its a speculation - the 110% threat is not tho.

Pretty sure taunt does put you 10% ahead of the current threat leader, however I'm also pretty sure that other people can still build threat while taunt is active. Which means, unless bioware screwed up and allowed you to build 10% threat ontop of yourself, spamming it doesn't really help you, and if nothing else, punishes you if you happen to loose aggro and your taunt is on CD.

Letting yourself lose aggro on purpose, then taunting back and using your bigger threat moves could be viable as a threat boost, depending on whether the boss requires intricate positioning. However, in ops, quite a lot of bosses do, so it doesn't really help unless you time it perfectly.

My taunting off cd was done only when the mob didn't have any phases in which I need to grab him again or adds spawn that needs to be taunted etc.

That means that I could always aoe taunt if somehow aggro dropped - but it didn't, ever.

First week of raiding was just testing, I read somewhere about this threat immunity during taunt and tried it, either it worked, bioware made a bug or my threat building is good enough.

Begining of fights I taunt after I charge in.

6-7 seconds later I usually drop my AOE taunt.

This gives me the first 15 or so seconds of the fight where the boss is on me no questions asked.

After that my threat is usually never in question because I got my hits on it...

First 15-20 seconds is the hardest part, sometimes he turns around for 1 swing.

I tell my dps to dps, its my job to not let them get hit... So I do not tell them to wait. People are shooting as I am in the air towards the boss so thats why I taunt cycle the begining