Assassin's Training - Shock

Haroom

It seems to me Assassin's Training does not increase shock's damage value properly. Can anyone confirm that it's still bugged as of 1.2? Does anyone know if this is something we can expect to be fixed soon, or if it's a more fundamental issue (or a balance issue, perhaps) that isn't likely to attract much attention for at least a while..

If anyone has information about this, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Saw a thread about this a while back...someone with both toons, same level, same gear...tested it out on the same target.

The values were the same, so no I don't think it is working. Has that changed post 1.1.2? Not likely, wasn't in the patch notes. Also - how hard is it to edit the text file associated with the tooltip? ***...gj

Is my math wrong(?), or should 25% each level should make for an increase of:

100 base damage (not exact, just for reference)

(Assassin training 1) +25% = 125

(Assassin training 2) +25% = 156.25

(Assassin training 3) +25% = 195.31

Are there more than 3 Assassin trainings? If so, the damage, compared to the sorc one, should almost be double.

Also, realize that it's the base damage that is increased, not total damage. This will be a much smaller increase than if it was the total damage, which benefits from willpower/power/force power.

This is not true either. The increase is around 18.6% of all damage, including that which is multiplied by Force Power. I don't know of any effects in the game that modify StandardHealthPercentMin/Max without affecting the Coefficient. As such you will see a greater increase testing while fully equipped (and this is why people have probably had trouble detecting it if they're testing naked).

The tooltip for Shock will show (at max rank) 1.56 * Force Power + [218.96, 283.36] before talents (such as Electrify). The actual damage uses the formula 1.85 * Force Power + [265.65, 330.05]. This is easy to test. Use Force Lightning against a target to find out its mitigation, then spam Shock and record the values. You will see values outside of the first formula but not outside of the second.

Also - how hard is it to edit the text file associated with the tooltip? ***...gj

Changing text (such as, in a tooltip) in any game, is actually one of the more complicated processes. Since each tooltip has to be translated into every single one of the languages the game supports, it is important that they are clear and consistent with one another. Also, BW hires people to do these translations for them. These people charge per word that they translate. This is the reason why game companies make sure to get it PERFECTLY right before submitting text for translation (it can be quite costly to do this multiple times if you mess it up AGAIN), and often times games (WoW, Rift, SWTOR) take a pretty long time to change text. (Unless it is a typo that is exclusive to one language).

So, "gj" on talking cluelessly out of your ***.

Edited by Kutmulc

Changing text (such as, in a tooltip) in any game, is actually one of the more complicated processes. Since each tooltip has to be translated into every single one of the languages the game supports, it is important that they are clear and consistent with one another. Also, BW hires people to do these translations for them. These people charge per word that they translate. This is the reason why game companies make sure to get it PERFECTLY right before submitting text for translation (it can be quite costly to do this multiple times if you mess it up AGAIN), and often times games (WoW, Rift, SWTOR) take a pretty long time to change text. (Unless it is a typo that is exclusive to one language).

So, "gj" on talking cluelessly out of your ***.

It was a question, moron. So I was asking a question out of my ***? gj explaining that it isn't hard to do, it just costs money. Bet it costs TONS to change 25% to 18.5%...yeah.

This is not true either. The increase is around 18.6% of all damage, including that which is multiplied by Force Power.

Thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that it only affected the base numbers, not the force power multiplier. This does make it a bit more functional as a "passive" skill. Any word on which percentage increase is actually the intended amount?

It was a question, moron. So I was asking a question out of my ***? gj explaining that it isn't hard to do, it just costs money. Bet it costs TONS to change 25% to 18.5%...yeah.

It may not cost TONS of money, but if it its possible that the number may change again in the near future then they may hold off on spending cash on the change.

It would make no sense to pay the money to change it... only to pay money AGAIN when it changes in a short amount of time. Doing so would simply be a waste of money, which (simply put) is not what an efficient business does when looking to maximize profit.

Once they are fairly confident what the text will be, you will see the change. There is A LOT more involved than simply "editing a text file".

Also, name calling? Nice. Very mature.

The way I always understood the ability, the very first rank increases shock by 25%, and then additionally increases endurance by 5 per rank (not shock). Each time I ranked up Assassin's training, shock's dmg did not increase whatsoever aside from the first time I picked it up.