DX9c 2010 Dist. Hotfix Got Pwnd?

Zandog

The DirectX 9c 2010 redistributable for framerate and graphics optimization that was passed around really helped a lot of people with med to low systems seems to have been changed. I was getting 15-20fps (barely playable) before the idea for this work around was suggested. After installing and overwriting the current redistributable, I was getting 25-40 fps with the same graphics settings and it was a huge difference in gameplay.

This latest patch has seemed to have effected or disable that hotfix. Now my FPS is back down to 15-20fps. Is anyone else noticing a drop in framerate?

Edited by Zandog

The DirectX 9c 2010 redistributable for framerate and graphics optimization that was passed around really helped a lot of people with med to low systems seems to have been changed. I was getting 15-20fps (barely playable) before the idea for this work around was suggested. After installing and overwriting the current redistributable, I was getting 25-40 fps with the same graphics settings and it was a huge difference in gameplay.

This latest patch has seemed to have effected or disable that hotfix. Now my FPS is back down to 15-20fps. Is anyone else noticing a drop in framerate?

Not running that but have noticed a stutter when I actually played until I got a serious ocular migraine from the flashing crap in the UI.

ya, i can second this too

played about 10 hrs after patch and noticed, its rubby again.

this last patch turned the performance to the worse again ...

nope but then again i run on a computer that was made this decade

it was payed by people from the last decade, dont forget that, when you troll another "mature only" thread .. ^^

Edited by rawfox

Anyone running DX10 or DX11 distrib's should see no effect. Anyone who is running the DX9c overwrite may be s.o.l. Sure enough the .ini was set back to DX10, more than likely by the patch config defaults. I tried to set it back to DX9c, but it will no longer write permenently. I tried overwriting the DX9c files again, no luck.

I think they locked the DX driver set in place so people can't mess with graphics alternatives, not sure. If so, it really screws over people who found a fix for their FPS issues and now can't implement the hotfix again.