DPS PvP sets comparison

BambulaGTS

Ok here is PvP set bonuses for DPS classes (or DPS specs for hybrid classes).

Mara

2 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Undying Rage or Guarded by the Force by 15 seconds.

4 pieces: Increases the range of Vicious Throw or Dispatch by 5 meters.

DPS Merc

2 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Jet Boost or Concussion Charge by 5 seconds.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Rail Shot or High Impact Bolt by 15.

DPS powertech

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Carbonize or Neural Surge by 0.5 seconds, and reduces the cooldown of Determination or Tenacity by 15 seconds.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Rocket Punch or Stockstrike by 15%.

DPS operative

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Infiltrate or Smuggle by 5 seconds and Evasion or Dodge by 1 second.

4 pieces: Increases max energy by 5.

DPS juggernaut

2 pieces: Intercede or Guardian Leap heals you for 8% of your total health.

4 pieces: Increases all damage dealt by 10% for 5 seconds after using Force Charge or Force Leap.

DPS assasin

2 pieces: Increases range of Force Slow and Jolt or Mind Snap by 5 meters.

4 pieces: Increases Recklessness or Force Potency charges by 1 and reduces its cooldown by 15 seconds.

DPS sorceror

2 pieces: Reduces cooldown of Crushing Darkness or Mind Crush by 1.5 seconds. Crushing Darkness or Mind Crush damage heal you for 0.5% of max health.

4 pieces: Increases range of Shock and Jolt or Project and Mind Snap by 5 meters.

Sniper

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Orbital Strike or XS Freighter Flyby by 3 seconds.

4 pieces: Increases the range of Distraction and Takedown or Quickdraw by 5 meters.

Am I alone thinking sniper PvP set bonus is worst from the all? I mean Orbital strike bonus usefull somewhat only for heavy engeneering spec build (+ AoE dmg + AoE crit dmg), and nobody ever would whine about interrupt or takedown range?

ATM I use operative set, cause I think + 5 energy is really good (especially for lethality) and + 1 sec to evasion is ok.

It should has been reducing cooldown on Distraction by 2 or 3 secs :) that would be a great set , but with bonuses that it has now ... I am using ENFORCER set... 15 % backstab... skill that I don't have yes... but 4 piece of that set = +5 Energy bonus so I have 115 Energy now. It is better for me than Field tech set. I hope BioWare will wake up someday and make something with that "SNIPER complex" they have with our class.

I can't really comment on how our bonuses stack up against other classes because I only play sniper but when I look at BH gear (PvP and PvE) and see big bonuses to crit chance I can't help but think we've been overlooked.

An extra 3 seconds on orbital strike is 1 extra tick as far as I know, alright for PvE but not a massive deal for PvP where most players will just avoid the AoE.

I suppose it has a bit more use in voidstar / civil war where you can drop it on a door or capture point and people are more likely to get caught in it.

An extra 5 meter range on interupt and takedown is pretty much useless. Most of the action in PvP isn't at maximum range and I can't say I've even noticed any difference having the bonus.

Edited by achtungbabies

You aren't alone OP, I also think our PvP set bonuses are absolute rubbish (besides the +5 energy, that I rather like).

I'm not too worried though, for due to the amount of crying that has been going on here about how bad we are in PvP (which I agree with only as far as MM doing white damage with all of its main abilities is concerned), I'm pretty sure we will get a buff at some point in the near future; a buff that, I hope, begins with or includes some better set bonuses.

This is a common thread on every class forum. Everyone (except possibly Mercs) tend to think their PvP Set Bonuses are garbage. The fact is they aren't very significant in most cases. Honestly the Sniper ones to me are pretty decent when you look at the lot. The extra range on Distraction helps on a runaway Healer and Takedown is the perfect ability for when they are getting too far out of range. The extra tick of Orbital Strike is amazing if you can give them a reason to not run out of it after 12 seconds.