why i REsubscribed

Onekagai

After playing MMOs for a very long time, i have come to understand the way one should work. I know i have to expect some kind of grind because getting what i want should take time and that time = $ for you. When i hit 50 and came to a realization of the kind of grind that was awaiting me i unsubbed. I knew i couldnt deal with randomly getting gear.

i saw you made a chnage to BM bags. i then realized it was only a matter of time before you would change champ bags as well. it came to be true. I realized you guys might not be very vocal on the forums but you are listening and i think you will make the changes needed to make this game even more fun.

The pvp btw is fun. I do enjoy it. I just wish world PvP happened more often and ment something

I don't pay much attention to general chat, I just tank while Eve heals, Lincesa kills and whoever our third pick up goes off on a murder spree to. Oh and talk smack to the Imperials, especially the baddies hehe. Edited by Silverspar

I don't pay much attention to general chat, I just tank while Eve heals, Lincesa kills and whoever our third pick up goes off on a murder spree to. Oh and talk smack to the Imperials, especially the baddies hehe.

I like some of the Imps. Lincesa's scary, and Eve is not quite as good as people seem to think. Not terrible though either of course. Her refusal to coordinate in vent is maddening though.

You have made this game 500% harder than it needs to be. :<

Not really. Vents a tool, but not a necessary. PvP is as much about being spatially aware and paying attention and using the tools you have as it is about using cheap outside gadgets. Not to mention the fact, considering you've fought against as well as with us, you know we have a rather impressively high win ratio. I communicate with typing and such and so far works quite well.

Edited by Silverspar

Not really. Vents a tool, but not a necessary. PvP is as much about being spatially aware and paying attention and using the tools you have as it is about using cheap outside gadgets. Not to mention the fact, considering you've fought against as well as with us, you know we have a rather impressively high win ratio.

Anyone who does premades has a high win ratio due to more coordination. But voice chat gives you way WAY faster callouts, allowing you to react on more than simply your own observations, but your teammates' too.

I've never queue'd with 4 people and NOT had an impressive win ratio. Even with 2 that's usually the case. The imps don't have a ton of premades and they're pretty predictable.

Anyone who does premades has a high win ratio due to more coordination. But voice chat gives you way WAY faster callouts, allowing you to react on more than simply your own observations, but your teammates' too.

I've never queue'd with 4 people and NOT had an impressive win ratio. Even with 2 that's usually the case. The imps don't have a ton of premades and they're pretty predictable.

The reaction time is only marginal. I've watched enough PvP vids of big names to notice this. Again, you don't even need a call out if you are spatially aware and actually paying attention. Using your camera and positioning and everything is key more than waiting for someone to call. You have tons of tools, such as your map and radar, at your disposal. I use all of them regularly and rarely even need a call out and I still announce things locally even then.

Edited by Silverspar

i saw you made a chnage to BM bags. i then realized it was only a matter of time before you would change champ bags as well. it came to be true. I realized you guys might not be very vocal on the forums but you are listening and i think you will make the changes needed to make this game even more fun.

This was smart on their part!

I played STO for 2 years (until it went F2P and this game came out) and one thing I liked about the max level PvP grind was that it was consistent. You do 1 daily, you get X tokens, gears costs 4X tokens (or something like that). Then, they converted the PvP and PvE tokens into one currency, meaning you could get PvP or PvE gear by doing one, the other, or both! Of course, the price per item went up (they increased the number of PvE dailies to compensate), but it didn't feel too terrible (it also wasn't dependent on wins, which was nice because 5-man premades and pugs were mixed :( )

With TOR's new consistency, getting Cent gear will be easy (5 bags for Lightsaber, the most expensive piece for me). At the same time, getting Champ gear will take some time, meaning you can get most of your Cent gear before you can buy substantial amounts of Champ gear. As for BM, that all depends on when you get Valor 60. And I'm not sure how the grind is up there...

Edited by IkritTOR

The reaction time is only marginal. I've watched enough PvP vids of big names to notice this. Again, you don't even need a call out if you are spatially aware and actually paying attention. Using your camera and positioning and everything is key more than waiting for someone to call.

Not if your teammates are on the other side of the map watching a different part of the battle.

Not if your teammates are on the other side of the map watching a different part of the battle.

Not in the least when watching the radar. In Civial War one quick look at the map gives me all the information I need to know if I should be moving to help out a node.In Void Star looking at my radar lets me instantly know if I should focus my efforts elsewhere, and huttball, well it not only tracks your team but the ball carrier for either side.

Not in the least when watching the radar. In Civial War one quick look at the map gives me all the information I need to know if I should be moving to help out a node.In Void Star looking at my radar lets me instantly know if I should focus my efforts elsewhere, and huttball, well it not only tracks your team but the ball carrier for either side.

Well, I have to say I simply disagree and believe you are giving up a massive advantage that comes at no cost whatsoever. Clearly you don't agree with that assessment. However, I will not spam this man's thread with any more of this unrelated argument. It's a constructive post on his part and deserves to not be derailed so horribly.

I'm usually one of the mad, raging "that's it, I quit!!" players myself with other mmos, but I'm absolutely with OP on this one. I enjoy pvp alot, in fact that's all I do recently, every evening, I only pvp and still having alot of fun, I love it that I can play solo, I love it that it's fun, I love it that there's little grind for very good gear and top gear rewarded to those WHO grinds, but it's not gamebreakingly better. I only hate whole Illum situation and it's really bad that imps just farm valor for free and have tons of battlemasters already, when I have to work my *** off to get it (almost done btw), but at least we win most wz's. I think I'll stick around with the game until they do something very stupid (wow's arenas come to mind as a perfect example of totally ruined pvp). Edited by VincentWolf