The PTS Server costs money to use?

silvercgull

Is this true?

Why can they not implement a patch without making issues worse?

Well, yeah. You need a subscription to use it.

It'd be a really bad move to basically have a totally free game that's exactly like the one you charge a subscription for. I mean, where's the incentive to pay a subscription if they'll let just anyone log in?

The main issue is that they arent offering character copying to the PTS yet. People dont want to roll a new char and level it up to test. If they allow copying, people will be more likely to go test the content and give feedback. The current setup only sees a small group of people actually testing, far too small a base to actually catch any issues before they go live.

The main issue is that they arent offering character copying to the PTS yet. People dont want to roll a new char and level it up to test. If they allow copying, people will be more likely to go test the content and give feedback. The current setup only sees a small group of people actually testing, far too small a base to actually catch any issues before they go live.

In this case it's not about allowing, it's about coding the function to copy your characters, it's more involved to do that than most people think.

BW have stated that they are working on it, they're just not done yet.

In this case it's not about allowing, it's about coding the function to copy your characters, it's more involved to do that than most people think.

BW have stated that they are working on it, they're just not done yet.

Yeah, that pretty much. Hopefully it comes soon. I would love to test, but dont really feel like leveling up a new toon specifically to do so.

Pretty much this.

PTR needs a character copy feature, premade characters and PTR specific gear vendors in order for it to gain real traction. Based on what happened in beta, I suspect they're still working on exactly how to get these features working properly (I guess apparently it's harder than just a copy/pasta of a line in the database).

Since when is copying a set of database entry a problem? :confused:

Okay, they might run into naming issues, but that is a nobrainer since you could generate random names for all chars being copied.

Using the PTS costs money unless you have unlimited, unthrottled high speed internet.

You have to download the PTS client to test the changes.