server shut down timing

Slashdancie

just a quick question

im from new zealand and for the 2nd night in afew days the severs have gone down at like 830-9pm in the evening

is this going to be normal for the aussie server that are meant to be going up in march as well?

cheers

( not sure if i posted this in the right place )

just a quick question

im from new zealand and for the 2nd night in afew days the severs have gone down at like 830-9pm in the evening

is this going to be normal for the aussie server that are meant to be going up in march as well?

cheers

if its an aussie LOCATED server, then no, i dont think so

if its a west coast server with an aussie label on it, then it will go down during primetime like the rest of them

baaah

i would also be interested to know what will happen when bio-ware does the official oceanic release. will server downs still be in our prime time then?

also think it sucks a fattie that 2/3 nights it has been unplayable to the very loyal and tolerant oceanic customers

just a quick question

cheers

get used to it :( EU servers are in Ireland and we still get downtime the same as everyone else

if its an aussie LOCATED server, then no, i dont think so

if its a west coast server with an aussie label on it, then it will go down during primetime like the rest of them

baaah

Dont believe this guy.

EU servers are located in the EU and we get maintenance at the same box as US. BW doesnt care for the customers in any other box other than US.

That is cause they never had to service EU customers as their games till now were primarily service free single player games. That meant that once the box was out it was not their problem!

The servers are all going to down at the same time.

They are going to go down during the same time block every time (With a little wiggle room)

That time is going to be SOMEONE's prime play time.

Why must we have this topic after every patch?

other mmo seem to be able to time it for the low population times

WoW downtimes STILL take about half a day.

People who do maintenance are people. Them pulling it at 2am EST means they have to pull an all-nighter doing this just to accomodate the largest base of players. Give them a break.

People who do maintenance are people. Them pulling it at 2am EST means they have to pull an all-nighter doing this just to accomodate the largest base of players. Give them a break.

Having worked in a role that involved the occasional overnight update, the reason we did it then was because that's when the least number of people were using the system.

Now, I find it hard to believe that these server downtimes are taking place during the time of lowest server population, especially when the game is played almost world-wide. Why not hold it early in the morning in the US, or around lunchtime. I'd put money on that being a much quieter time than, well, now.

It's Friday night here in NZ. I'd love to jump on for a few hours and blast some baddies. Sadly, I have to wait until after midnight (local time) before I can expect the servers to be back up. Yes, I know the game's not 'offically' out here yet, but I bet there are a few people in the US who'd like to be playing right now, too.