Can we get Polls on the launcher?

mrcaptainpants

I remember Dark Age of Camelot used to have polls on the launcher/log-in, and I have never understood why every MMORPG does not do this.

I keep hearing all the time how forums are not representative of the entire player base, since many people who play the game do not frequent the forums. This is true. But every single player, without fail, sees the launcher when they log in. They can choose not to take the poll, of course, but they cannot avoid knowing about it. This would ensure that 100% of players have the opportunity to easily give feedback on a given issue.

This would alleviate the need for people to argue on the forums about whether or not most players would or would not support something. If everyone votes (or at least has a chance to vote), then we'd know what people really want. End of story.

Can we please do this, Bioware?

This is a no brainer imo.

I really can't understand why development teams for mmo's don't employ this method of gaining feedback.

I have to say though at least Bioware have sent me emails asking me to give feedback.

Still the mentioned method by the OP is far far better...

Please add this Bioware!

The only "downside" I can think of for them is, what if the result of the poll is not what they were hoping?

For example, at the moment, if we vote in a poll on the forums, and Bioware decides that they don't want to move in the direction we indicated, they can still fall back on the old "Well, the polls don't really represent EVERYONE...." line.

But if everyone who is able to log into the launcher votes, its more difficult for Bioware to claim that the results are not representative of what the players want, should they decide the result of the poll is unpleasant.

I don't want to think that, but Bioware hasn't exactly wowed me yet in the "make the community feel listened to" arena. Though I should say that there have recently been some improvements (the poll about the UI issue, the upcoming Friday Q&A threads, etc). I'm seeing some movement in the right direction. I'm just still seeing a log more avoidance and spin than I am meaningful customer interaction. But...at least they're trying.

Edited by mrcaptainpants

I think this idea is brilliant, and should be implemented. Even if what you said in your previous post is true, that BW uses lack of an entire playerbase as a fallback to move the game in the direction they want; it really isn't about that in the long run. They're going to want to their playerbase to be happy and have a great experience with their game, regardless if it was in the direction they initially intended. Meaning they want those long-term subs more than making their dev team happy.