? about cpu/motherboard. Not swtor related

PainfulOrpheus

Ive been to multiple forums and websites trying to find this answer. Toms hardware even couldnt help me. I have an acer x3400g pc. I cant find any info on the motherboard at all. cpuz says its the same model as the computer and the specs on the site are the same. It has a am3 slot in it. I currently have athlon II x2 255 3.1 gigs. I want to get any phenom II x4 but I dont know if there will be restrictions based on power and processing speed from either the mobo or bios. Can anyone help me out here please! I might have to get a new mobo because I dont know how to flash the bios.

also on a side note. I cannot overclock the gpu at all. I have a 6770. I can move the sliders and set it but my pc crashes evertime I do. Could this be power supply related or once again bios limiting speed/power?

Edited by PainfulOrpheus

Yes thats all I can find out about it. Doesn't list the mobo/specs or limitations of the hardware anywhere. I called customer support for acer and they said "no upgrades for you!". So I am stumped and I need an expert to help me out.

In all honesty if your upgrading your cpu you might aswell spend the extra on the best mb you can get so you can also then get the best ram togo with it, there is no point trying to upgrade something so old you cant find specs on it as you will be bottlenecking yourself and basically wasting your cash.

also on a side note. I cannot overclock the gpu at all. I have a 6770. I can move the sliders and set it but my pc crashes evertime I do. Could this be power supply related or once again bios limiting speed/power?

Every one is different, just like CPUs, Not all of them can handle overclocking. How far are you trying to overclock it? Always do it in small amounts, test it, then try bumping it up more.

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!