Shield Generator Bug!???

Assaultrooper

So I realised to day while using High-Velocity cylinder, that my shield generator was proccing... I started checking around, and apparently post patch you can use ur shield generator without needing the tanking stance.

Now I have read through the patch notes and there is nothing there of this, so is it a bug???

The shield generator can be equipped in any stance. However, Tanking Stances drastically increase the to-shield chance. If you're not in a tanking stance, chances are you want DPS. a 5% shield is not going to help you dps; more stats/force or tech power will, though.

Be aware that shieldonly helps vs white attacks (mostly sniper/gunslinger) and NPC's. It does not affect any Tech or Force abilities.

There are two ways to increase the shield beyond 5%. One is to spec tank - if you do, why not use tanking stance? Two, is to be in tanking stance. Problem solved.

----

What you're reading is probably a left-over description from Beta. I noticed it too, but I just kept reading.

The shield generator can be equipped in any stance. However, Tanking Stances drastically increase the to-shield chance. If you're not in a tanking stance, chances are you want DPS. a 5% shield is not going to help you dps; more stats/force or tech power will, though.

Be aware that shieldonly helps vs white attacks (mostly sniper/gunslinger) and NPC's. It does not affect any Tech or Force abilities.

There are two ways to increase the shield beyond 5%. One is to spec tank - if you do, why not use tanking stance? Two, is to be in tanking stance. Problem solved.

----

What you're reading is probably a left-over description from Beta. I noticed it too, but I just kept reading.

I wish they would have explained in game what the shield will actually work on. I remember awhile back when I thought it would work on everything. I kept thinking "damn why am I still taking so much damage"

Lol guys I'm aware its not a big bug, and affects quite little but its still a bug. Before the patch if i went into shii-cho form with a generator the shield chance and absorbtion would be reduced to 0. Even many of the loading screen tips say "to activate ur genarator change to tank stance".

The fact that's not in the notes means its a bug....?

Lol guys I'm aware its not a big bug, and affects quite little but its still a bug. Before the patch if i went into shii-cho form with a generator the shield chance and absorbtion would be reduced to 0. Even many of the loading screen tips say "to activate ur genarator change to tank stance".

The fact that's not in the notes means its a bug....?

I haven't checked the tooltips, but I'm fairly certain my shield generator on my BH worked before I got a tanking stance. I know for sure that it works on my Juggy in Shii-Cho right now.

It has always worked regardless of what stance you're in.

Dps stance = 5% base chance to shield

Tanking stance = 20% base chance to shield.

No, it didnt always work like that, before it was Dps Stance = 0% chance to shield. Even the loading tips give note to this "Bounty Hunters activate their personal shield generator by using ion gas cylinder."

But anyways this doesnt matter that much it is a bug, or an unintentional change? it doesnt really change much..

so /thread unless someone of Bioware wants to see this

No, it didnt always work like that, before it was Dps Stance = 0% chance to shield. Even the loading tips give note to this "Bounty Hunters activate their personal shield generator by using ion gas cylinder."

But anyways this doesnt matter that much it is a bug, or an unintentional change? it doesnt really change much..

so /thread unless someone of Bioware wants to see this

No, seriously, like everyone on the thread said already, it always worked like that, and you probably just noticed it for the first time.