PvP broken, couple reasons why...

Arnathis

Let's ignore the balance issue completely, hopefully that will work itself out soon.

PvP has a few fundamental flaws right now. One being the medal system. When I pug warzones I so often see my team go down a goal or lose 2/3 turrets and immediately start medal farming instead of trying to win the actual match. They'll either huddle around the one turret we do control for the defender points, start running through fire just to heal themselves up, spam aoe unnecessarily or resort to any number of different roundabout ways to get medals, all the while ignoring the match going on and subsequently losing it. Maybe Bioware thought defender medals would promote correct gameplay as so often people are unwilling to stay put at an objective but regardless of their intentions the system is flawed and extremely frustrating.

The other glaring deficiency I see right now is the lack of a deserter debuff. If it's not people resorting to medal farming it's them leaving the warzone altogether. I've seen 3-5 people leave immediately after going down 0-1 in huttball, it's ridiculous. It normally takes 30 seconds to a minute to fill those vacant spots, which puts your team at a huge disadvantage, making it virtually impossible to come back or just prevent going down further.

These are two very large issues I see with warzones right now. They're not just once in a while either, it's literally every match. When I'm winning I see the other team doing it, when I'm losing my team does it. It's extremely frustrating. Hopefully something can be done and quickly, I'm enjoying the game less and less because of these issues.

inb4 "don't pug warzones" comments. In a small guild, not always people on looking to run warzones. Pugging is inevitable for just about everyone.

Edited by Arnathis

PvP has a few fundamental flaws right now. One being the medal system. When I pug warzones I so often see my team go down a goal or lose 2/3 turrets and immediately start medal farming instead of trying to win the actual match.

Medal farming? Lmao

I get more medals in the first three minutes than I do in the last twelve

The diminishing returns on them are huge, you should be happy