How's the Inquisitor storyline?

NEStheONE

Personally, I found the plot to be fairly boring after chapter 1 (and, honestly, even during most of the chapter). The first (tank) companion is fairly cool, but most of the others are pretty much meh.

By contrast (as a point of reference), I found the Imperial Agent story to be excellent.

I loved the plot overall. Some parts were a little boring and I just wanted it to hurry up and progress but overall I thought it was great. I actually got chills at the end of the storyline.

Companions are mixed. Khem is okay as a tank and Andronikos does good damage if you want to tank, but the best companion for me was without a doubt Talos Drellik. He's a great healer and has good crowd control and I just thought his personality was hilarious. "We won!"

Unfortunately, you don't get him until late and until then I never felt like the companions were doing all that much.

I enjoyed the assassin and felt pretty powerful throughout the story.

Narrative wasn't sure how to characterize a LS-aligned Sith Inquisitor. Now I'm not sure if I'm Light Side, non-aligned, or just an honorable Dark Side character.

There were high points in the class story, but also periods of blandness.

Overall I have mixed feelings, but the ending was excellent.

Edited by DarthCraeth

I am still only lvl 38 with my sorcerer and for fun I have gone completely dark with him. It makes for a refreshing change from my other characters who are all light side. It would be nice tho to have some sort of a healer companion with him.

Nuttiin more fun that steppin on Jawas!

prologue is great i thought, chapter 1 i didnt love to much but it was ok, tat i found to be very anti-climatic lol, but chp 1 ending is rly cool and makes u feel like ur up and coming in the sith ranks :) chp 2...im on the side that hates it lol, it is ok at first but seriously the way it ends makes the entire 10 levels feel worthless and lame! , im only into chp 3 now but i so far HATE belsavis, not for the story but the planet itself sucks. however I heard the SI chp 3 ending is one of the best in game, and sadly douches in genreal on DK ruined the ending for me so i know wat happens :( but yer soudns amazing :D but if u want a grewat storyline and fun classes roll an IA, it will blow u away Edited by jarshr

about to finish chapter 3 myself and I personally have liked the whole story. Well, minus parts of chapter 2 which were kind of meh.

I do agree on the companions though, Ashara is borderline annoying, all I ever use is Talos but I'm darkness so I don't need anyone else

OP asked about storylines, not companions, so I won't go off on a tangent with my preferences.

Slight Spoiler (not much):

I've played several storylines to completion on both Republic and Empire side, and I have to say that I really enjoyed the Inquisitor quite thoroughly. You start off hating Harkin (I think his name is) and don't get to kill him, which was a letdown. However, I won't spoil your last contact with him.

Even if you knew what Zash was up to, you couldn't predict how it would end.

You do gain power in a vastly different way than other classes, and end up feeling somewhat like "master of the universe" by the time you're done, which no other class really does well -- except perhaps the Jedi Knight.

The worst part for me was how you get dumped on by the "historical sith establishment" and there was only one outcome, but it took forever to reach conclusion.

You do predict what's coming at points, but there are twists and turns that made me laugh and sometimes want to scream. All in all, it was very enjoyable.

Burnt out on my main. Looking to go shadow or assassin probably. How's the plot? (without giving too much away)

Interesting? Entertaining? Characters I would care about? etc. etc.

The story was largely disappointing, at least it was to me. I only really got excited about what might be coming next twice throughout the whole thing, and the ending section was covered with '***' moments.

I can't speak to the consular story as I haven't gotten that far into that one, but the warrior and Imperial Agent storylines are much better than the inquisitor :(

From what I've played of several different stories, I'd say Inquisitor falls probably on the high range of the ones I like. I'm early in chapter 3, and while there have been some incredibly frustrating moments, (i.e. Anything dealing with Azshara) I've enjoyed it overall.

Some (highly subjective) things I've noticed:

• Azshara utterly fails as an interesting character. I want to kick her out the airlock frequently. She does make an excellent DPS companion, I just dread actually having any interaction with her.
  • The male Inq. voice seemed a bit extra deadpan to me. I... just couldn't get into playing one. I really tried.
  • The female Inq. voice actor is superb. There have been plenty of times that her voice alone has made a scene worthwhile for me.

The story was largely disappointing, at least it was to me. I only really got excited about what might be coming next twice throughout the whole thing, and the ending section was covered with '***' moments.

I can't speak to the consular story as I haven't gotten that far into that one, but the warrior and Imperial Agent storylines are much better than the inquisitor :(

I played a consular to 40 and just gave up, the story has far too much talking for my liking.

I am still only lvl 38 with my sorcerer and for fun I have gone completely dark with him. It makes for a refreshing change from my other characters who are all light side. It would be nice tho to have some sort of a healer companion with him.

Ship droid can be made into a healer. Not great, but with it you can do stuff you couldn't otherwise.