@BIOWARE can we have an ETA on dual specs

lordgracy

I didnt care one way or the other about dial spec but I have changed my mind. I dont see what it hurts to have it and there are certianally benefits to dual spec.

I leveled as a healer and I am now dps because that's what the guild needed for raids. Being dps makes it more difficult to get into heroic mode FPs and we dont always have enough healers on so my only option is to respec and pay for it or not and sit. Please give me another option.

Seriously. Why do people assume they're getting features no one every told them were coming?

They actually did :) there is an interview where the lead dev sez something along the lines "shortly after release"

Q: Since it has been clearly stated that there will not be dual specs for characters in the game, can you explain your philosophy behind the skill trees and how you are taking into account players that want to be able to play PvP and PvE content on the same character? - illumineart

A: Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch. Also, features like Guard, PvP Taunt, Resolve, etc. work to narrow the gap between PvP and PvE specialized skills (i.e. a +Block skill would be helpful in both PvE and PvP).

From....

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110916

Edited by peaceandpassion

They actually did :) there is an interview where the lead dev sez something along the lines "shortly after release"

Q: Since it has been clearly stated that there will not be dual specs for characters in the game, can you explain your philosophy behind the skill trees and how you are taking into account players that want to be able to play PvP and PvE content on the same character? - illumineart

A: Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch. Also, features like Guard, PvP Taunt, Resolve, etc. work to narrow the gap between PvP and PvE specialized skills (i.e. a +Block skill would be helpful in both PvE and PvP).

From....

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110916

Alright then.

They've actually never said they're doing it, so..... yeah.

Actually they have, there was an interview a couple months before release where they said that Dual Spec (not changing AC, just two sets of talents) was in the plan for a future release.

Can we please have an ETA on dual specs? Also equipment manager tool to go with it.

Thanks. Great game. Having fun. We just need more feature rich tools.

You do understand that a LARGE PORTION of the questing/leveling experience consists of Heroic + 2, and Heroic + 4, and Group Flashpoint quests?

If you want a 2nd role, level a 2nd character. New players that purchase this game next week need players constantly questing in the same zones they are, in order to enjoy the experience the same way you did on release.

When you add dual spec - you are going to put a serious dent in the popluation of lower level zones. Is that fair to a new player?

If you want a 2nd option badly enough - you will level a 2nd character.

Also - dual spec marginalizes encounters within raid zones. You are intended to attack a raid with a group of players and try to succeed without micromanaging the encounters by swapping specs and skill points for every single fight.

BW allows you to respec, so you have the flexability to adapt and experiment with different strategies - but they make you pay the price of credits to respec, and time to travel to respec. I for one am glad they don't say "Here is your EPIC gear on a silver platter"

People will min/max. Guilds will min/max. No reason to make that process painless.

It goes beyond just having 2 roles like a dps and heal role, or a dps and a tank role. DPS start carrying 2 dps roles. AoE, Mobile, Single target - when does it stop? You and your guild can play this way if you want to - just waste your time travelling, and waste your credits re speccing, and you can still get the same gear that others get by using a dps specced class to off tank, or a dps specced class to spot heal.

Pay the price.

You're never going to get an ETA until it lands on the PTR.

Any time any MMO dev team makes a tentative estimate at a POSSIBLE time for a fix/enhancement, people take that as the gospel date and then raise holy hell when it's not precisely adhered to.

Software development doesn't work that way.

Never has, never will.

Calm down.

Why would we need dual spec ? This post and others wanting the same stuff thats in World Of Warcraft ! I think the game is perfect ........Maybe you should go back to wow.:D

I am against the "Go back to Wow" theme - but I agree with your premise. Plenty of games out there that have the features that some people are looking for.

But - there are plenty of people that are looking to get away from the same 'ole same 'ole from every single title released.

No I don't want another game that uses macro's. No I don't want another game that uses cross server LFG. No I don't want another game that allows for 2 and 3 specs per character. No I don't want another game that enables add-ons.

My choices are vast in the marketplace for creature comfort / Q -Up, faceroll, race to end game and sit around and wait for end game raids every night. I can play RIFT and Wow if i want to. I don't need the 3rd option.

Hello everyone,

We realize you are asking for an update, however we already have an ongoing thread for this issue. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of dual spec, we will be closing this current thread. Thank you for your understanding.