Columi/Rakata Vindicator's set bonuses

DarthVindictus

Is it me or are they the weakest set bonuses imaginable? The 4 set is only marginally useful and fits better as a 2 piece set bonus.. the 2 piece set bonus is laughably negligible 5 seconds off a 60 second cooldown skill, and all it does is give us rage.

This is compared to the operative 2 piece set bonus which is increases crit chance of backstab by 15%, or 2 piece merc set bonus that increases tracer missile and power shot crit chance by 15%. The dps assassin set gives 1 force per saber strike hit (so 3 per use), which helps with their resource management issues (that I remember having played assassin), the 4 piece bonus increases crit chance on skills that are commonly spammed.

We get.. what basically becomes an extra 6 rage every 12 minutes (don't spend it all on one skill!). Yeah, that's right.. in 12 minutes normally you can use enrage 12 times, with the 2 piece bonus you can use it 13 times. Too bad most boss fights don't last 12 minutes!

The 4 piece bonus is, I guess okay, as you'll get 3 rage every 30s you might not normally get though considering many boss's melee hate mechanics, you get the opportunity to saber throw after running out of melee range to avoid aoe anyway.

But that 2 piece bonus is pathetic.

Agreed. Certainly one of the more underpowered sets. I absolutely love the 4 piece set but it seems to only be the power of a 2 piece.

I have to second the idea of moving the "Melee range saber throw" to 2 piece and giving us a damage upgrade on the 4 piece.

Maybe something like: adds a 15% chance to critically hit with assault attacks.

Agreed. Certainly one of the more underpowered sets. I absolutely love the 4 piece set but it seems to only be the power of a 2 piece.

I have to second the idea of moving the "Melee range saber throw" to 2 piece and giving us a damage upgrade on the 4 piece.

Maybe something like: adds a 15% chance to critically hit with assault attacks.

Doubt thatd really be all that great, the assault attacks aren't very good for raw damage. Problem is, they need to get a base skill that is used by both dps specs. Like for assassins they give 15% crit chance to thrash OR voltaic slash. operative set it's +15% chance to backstab.

Vengeance Juggernauts and Rage Juggernauts don't use anywhere near the same skill rotation, nor do they have a skill that can be swapped in place of each other.

So boosting sundering assault is a good idea, but I think the big thing about sundering assault is not the damage it deals, but its cooldown. People want to pretty much abandon assault in favor of sundering assault, but the cooldown prevents smooth rotations with it.

Doubt thatd really be all that great, the assault attacks aren't very good for raw damage. Problem is, they need to get a base skill that is used by both dps specs. Like for assassins they give 15% crit chance to thrash OR voltaic slash. operative set it's +15% chance to backstab.

Vengeance Juggernauts and Rage Juggernauts don't use anywhere near the same skill rotation, nor do they have a skill that can be swapped in place of each other.

So boosting sundering assault is a good idea, but I think the big thing about sundering assault is not the damage it deals, but its cooldown. People want to pretty much abandon assault in favor of sundering assault, but the cooldown prevents smooth rotations with it.

Eh, what I really wanted to say was +15% critical chance to bleed effects, but I play a vengeance Jugg so that was a little too...niche.

Then I thought maybe +15% damage to Force attacks...which would provide a very nice boost for both of the specs. Or even just Critical chance instead of damage.

I dunno, hard to balance things. Especially when they're so unbalanced to begin with