Tips to get more medals as Madness?

Kurugi

Before I respecced Madness (currently level 20) I was deception running in dark charge since I didn't have surging charge yet anyway so I figured the extra survivability would help. I would usually guard someone and I could end up getting 6+ medals no sweat, sometimes up to 9 or 10.

Now as madness I feel like I have to struggle to even get 6 medals, I usually end with ~4. Guard really helped with getting the protection medals and it almost makes me wanna go Darkness, but I told myself I'd wait till I could get force pull and if I didn't like Madness by then I'd make the switch.

Any tips on getting more medals? I probably don't taunt as much as I should, but guard made getting the protection medals SO much easier.

Any tips on getting more medals? I probably don't taunt as much as I should, but guard made getting the protection medals SO much easier.

You're on the nose with that - and it's something I'm still getting into the habit of doing. Taunting helps with protection medals and your team. Anytime you see a group of people fighting it out, stealth up and run through the enemy pack and slap down the AOE Taunt. Keep Cloak or Speed handy in case you catch the edge of an AOE or somebody actually notices and is able to target you.

Single target taunt I'll often throw down from behind on people healing or ranged DPSing into the mob. Every little bit helps.

I still stance into Dark Charge on Huttball to guard the ball carrier (or set up for a pass) if I'm close by. Stealth regen boost from Deception (even 1 point) helps to put a dent in shifting stances to adapt to situations.

Other than that it's just about adjusting to being constantly on the move in battle (aside from defending, say, a turret in Alderaan), bouncing in and out of engagements, picking off targets of opportunity.

Some rounds you'll rack up the medals, others you won't. It's the nature of the beast.

My only issue with speccing darkness at low levels is it seems like you get NOTHING to really make using anything other than thrash worthwhile enough until the higher tiers. I wasn't even considering speccing it until I could get Force Pull. Edited by Kurugi

At low level it's pretty much impossible to hit 300K because your enemies don't even have enough HP so don't worry about the 300K.

The 10/25 kills are easier to get with Darkness since getting kills is more about not dying (unless you're absolutely getting crushed).

Any spec can get 2500 with an Assassinate once you have it. Before that, you'd need at least the EW proc for Maul.

Any spec can get 2500 with an Assassinate once you have it. Before that, you'd need at least the EW proc for Maul.

I've been noticing that since I switched to madness. DF is nice but it only crits consitently for about 2k, sometimes I can get 2.5k but it's very rare.

I've been noticing that since I switched to madness. DF is nice but it only crits consitently for about 2k, sometimes I can get 2.5k but it's very rare.

Mine crits 3k+ 86% surge though base.

Stop specing pure madness. The hype is wrong. Darkness/Madness is still king.

For bad players it is. It's an easy/boring spec with survivability from using dark charge. If you need dark charge to keep you alive you're playing wrong.

Edited by Nocorras

Mine crits 3k+ 86% surge though base.

For bad players it is. It's an easy/boring spec with survivability from using dark charge. If you need dark charge to keep you alive you're playing wrong.

Dark Charge outlives Lightning, it's their choice.

Lightning out DPSes Dark Charge.

Madness can go either way, there is no "wrong" playing, some are better than other however.

I've no idea why people keep on post relic/adrenal numbers as if that's normal.

While big numbers aren't really all that important, if you need a 2500 damage medal now, the order of preference of skill is Assassinate > Maul (with proc, preferably with +crit damage talent) > rest. I can shock for 3000 too, but that's not the attack I rely on for the 2500 medal. The guy posted this is level 20. At this point, the only attack he can use that even has a chance of hitting 2500 is a Maul with EW proc, and you wouldn't even need some freak luck to pull it off too.