biggest hit possible with assassins

Darklyn

Highest I've ever hit with my assassin as full deception is 4.2k with 2x voltaic shock or a 5-stack discharge, without any sort of relics or adrenals. Doesn't happen very often; 3.8-3.9 is the highest I see fairly consistently.

EDIT: I also see relatively massive crits from Assassinate on occasion.

Edited by murshawursha

4100 on Assassinate crit is the highest I've seen for me, though I've seen it crit for 3300 to 3500 as well so not sure why it gets to 4100 sometimes. Currently not spec'ed in Duplicity so no idea what my Maul crit would hit for with 50% armor penetration. Maul crits for about 3300 for me w/o EW.

I think if you spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIM0zZhGrMkMrMt.1 and do a wtflolpwn shock crit it would be the highest possible single damage number we could get. Figure if you have +30% surge your Shock would crit for 180% more damage (280% total damage).

Dont quote me on this, but I think there is a cap to how much bonus crit damage you can get. I could be wrong, but I could swear I saw that somewhere.

Dont quote me on this, but I think there is a cap to how much bonus crit damage you can get. I could be wrong, but I could swear I saw that somewhere.

I've heard this too, try getting more power bonuses on your mods and gear in general as I've been hearing that this is more important when it comes to damage.

I think the math by the poster listing the spec is wrong about how Surge works. A Shock taht does 2000 dmg is not going to crit for 5600.

In my raid gear I have 77.53% critical multiplier, I'm not sure how many +% is for that, but a crit isn't a direct 100% increase in damage. An ability that hits for 1000 does not crit for 2000. In my case it'd crit for 1775.3. You're not going to be getting 280% bonus from base damage. My Thrash, based on my spec with 50% bonus crit would give 127.53% crit multiplier.

If I'm wrong on how crit multiplier works, someone chime in please.

Let's see if we go by my rating for crit multiplier, you'd have:

1. Darkness Shock with 77% crit multi + 50% from Energize: 127% crit multipier

So a shock that hits for say 2000 does 4540 dmg (what do you guys' tooltip say for Shock damage)

2. Deception Shock with 30% to dmg and no bonus crit dmg:

2000 x 1.30 = 2600, take the 2600 to crit with 77% crit multi would get 4602.

So at least by my calculations the Shock from Deception actually does higher crit damage than one from Darkness spec. If I missed other buffs from the two specs, let me know.

Deception is considered the hardest hitting shock. There is a build that does more than 31-8 build, but I dont think anyone runs it

21 Dark / 8 Mad (+12)

Combo: Shock / Project

used after 2x Thrash / Double Strike

Bonuses:

+15% damage & threat (Electify / Bombardment)

45% chance for 2nd hit with 50% normal damage (Chain Shock / Upheavel)

50% to auto-crit after Thrash / Double Strike

Math:

normal hit: 140.9% = 115% * (100% + 45% * 50%)

critical hit: 253.6% = 140.9% * 180%

average hit: 232.5% = 140.9% * (25% * 75%) + 253.6% * (75% + 25% * 25%)

as compared to

31 Dec / 8 Mad (+2)

Combo: Shock / Project

used after 2x Voltaic Slash / Clairvoyant Strike

Bonuses:

+30% damage ( Voltaic Slash / Clairvoyant Strike)

+50% crit damage (5/5 Crackling Blasts)

45% chance for 2nd hit with 50% normal damage and CD reset (Chain Shock / Upheavel)

-50% cost (2/2 Induction)

Math:

normal hit: 159.3% = 130% * (100% + 45% * 50%)

critical hit: 366.4% = 159.3% * (180% + 50%)

average hit: 211.1% = 189.9% * 75% + 366.4% * 25%

all this is from http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Shocking-an-Analysis-of-the-Sith-Assassin-Jedi-Shadow-Core-Skill, I take no credit

even in this shock is hardest hitting ind eception, but does more overall damage with the other build

Edited by sankalp

I have full PvP gear and a surge adrenal with crit/surge relic equiped that along with recklessnes and over charge saber and My crits are up around 4.8k damage with 2x voltaic slash poping all those cooldowns and using a shock 5-stack discharge I am always hiting over 4k damage the highest I have noticed for me is 4.8k however there are some you tube clips out there of assassins and shadows in full BM gear that get crits up to and over 5.5k damage and recieving the Warzone medals for doing over 5.2k .. however this could crit even more with an overcharge consumable and the expertise buff from those boxes.. so i suppose anywhere up to 6k might be possible.. if u target a squishy opponent with reduced armor or something ??

Current stats w/ mark+flask

767-948 range

403.6 bonus dmg

29.81% crit

90.50% surge

See constant 4k+ crits, 5k+ with consumables (used to get a little higher when I was using the +355 power relic, but switched to the NM puzzle boss energy proc one out of laziness D: )

Some of my tooltip avgs out of raid

Shock - 1283

Discharge - 1431

VS - 1345 (counting both hits)

Maul - 2053

I think the math by the poster listing the spec is wrong about how Surge works. A Shock taht does 2000 dmg is not going to crit for 5600.

In my raid gear I have 77.53% critical multiplier, I'm not sure how many +% is for that, but a crit isn't a direct 100% increase in damage. An ability that hits for 1000 does not crit for 2000. In my case it'd crit for 1775.3. You're not going to be getting 280% bonus from base damage. My Thrash, based on my spec with 50% bonus crit would give 127.53% crit multiplier.

If I'm wrong on how crit multiplier works, someone chime in please.

Let's see if we go by my rating for crit multiplier, you'd have:

1. Darkness Shock with 77% crit multi + 50% from Energize: 127% crit multipier

So a shock that hits for say 2000 does 4540 dmg (what do you guys' tooltip say for Shock damage)

2. Deception Shock with 30% to dmg and no bonus crit dmg:

2000 x 1.30 = 2600, take the 2600 to crit with 77% crit multi would get 4602.

So at least by my calculations the Shock from Deception actually does higher crit damage than one from Darkness spec. If I missed other buffs from the two specs, let me know.

Keep into account that default crits are 1.5 damage. The tooltips indicate that they add directly to Surge %, not Surge rating (the former is a linear increase, the latter has diminishing returns). Let's say you have enough Surge for +30% crit. The math should be (Ability Base Damage including % increases from trees)(1.5 + .3 + .5 +.5) for the build I proposed, or Shock X 2.8 damage. That is if BW's tooltips are anywhere near reliable and/or logical.

Assassinate would probably have the highest crit but since hits that killed a guy do not register as 'highest hit', a 5000 Assassinate crit would mean they need 17K to even survive with 100 HP if they hit exactly 30% when you Assassinate.

For the numbers that are likely to recorded by the game, Shock has a +50% crit damage modifier, while Maul has +30%? But Maul has a considerable higher base, so I think the highest crit would be from Maul, not Shock.

I hit a fresh 50 trooper for 5812 shock yesterday. I regularly get 5k+ with shock on fresh 50s in warzones. Discharge and Shock crits in the 3000-4800 are normal crits for me on better geared people. I stack warzone expertise adrenal and power relic. 7/31/3 Deception, full Battlemaster with stacked power and surge mods/enhancements for biggest possible hit. I use power mods and I buy champion imperial agent helmet and gloves with commendations to take out the endurance/power/surge enhancements. I lose a few % of crit chance but I don't care about the lost.

Hmm hard to say, as im tank builded and not so huge on surge rating [currently 72% bonus crit damage] i hit as follows :

2.8-3.1k with death field

~3k with shock [energised and with recklesness consumed, around 4k if two shock struct and second one consume reck as well]

And 3hd stacked lightning i hit around 5k [with reck]

All above include my self-buff from relic.

But as i said - im in dark charge for most of the time and im not the pure dps builded.