server transfering

xLudoo

This has been cancelled due to there being low but sustainable populations. The system to merge is quite complicated and its too soon. I think maybe after the first year we might see a couple of merges though to clean up the servers

I'd like to know where that was said, too. My new current server has had a queue of 10 minutes over the evening hours (Jekk'Jekk) so it's not exactly low pop. I was kinda looking forward to server transfers, tbh. :( Since most other mmos offer this, I'd be surprised if it was shelved even for the time being...since it could be a potential money maker.

Hopefully they'll reconsider and work on it, sooner rather than later. It'd be a nice paid service. :)

Edited by Anomini

I'd like to know where that was said, too. I was kinda looking forward to server transfers, tbh. Since most other mmos offer this, I'd be surprised if it was shelved even for the time being.

Hopefully they'll reconsider. It'd be a nice paid service. :)

AFAIK they've never mentioned server transfers, ever. Darklyn is making **** up.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

I think before you see transfers on Live servers they will want the populations to settle down a bit. Still early in the launch to say populations are stable. It is going to be a few months before they really can tell how the population will be.

I doubt server transfering or merging will be done within the first 6 months or so.

It's still early, and I'm sure they'd like to see where they stand before they start planning merging and such.

Sure, it would be nice to happen now, but say they do it now, then 3 months down the road they got un-expected traffic, and had to move the servers around again.

All the customers who are stuck on servers that have 10-20 people on the fleet during prime time hours (8-11pm) wont be here 6 months from now if there isn't a solution, is the problem...Crevasse City Edited by Ushela