Rampant quitting in BG's

lagwagonn

sometimes people disconect or have real life issues come up. usually when you see a bunch quit early on, they are either alts or friends of the players on the other side quitting so WZ will end early to give a fast easy for sure win to their friends/mains.

I leave at least 20 a day. And until they stop making it required to win warzones to finish weekly/daily quests, I will keep doing it.

Otherwise stop going in warzones wearing greens. Purples cost nothing.

why even bother playing in WZs at all? if you dont like pvp then you dont need pvp gear so you dont even need to be in WZs at all.

Is anyone else seeing this? If one team starts losing they all start quitting. Do they plan to put in a deserter debuff? I think its needed.

i am one of the people that quit, if i dont earn a medal right away or we dont get ahead i leave. reason being is they way they have the dailies and weeklies set. its better to leave a losing game and get into a wining game than it is to wait 15 min for 80 WZ points. Allowing champ bags for daily and weekly wins instead of offering WZ points for daily and weekly wins means losing games are a waste of time.

If they want to fix this they could implement a deserter buff. but what would be smarter is get rid of the mercanry mark system and just raise the WZ cap. OR start giving WZ and MC point bonuses through dailies/weeklies

I leave because I'm already a BM and I could care less about commendations and valor. I want wins to complete my daily for BM bags and I have a limited amount of time to do so, I don't like carrying window licking baddies that fight off of doors in Voidstar, that can't pass a ball in huttball or quickly react in Civil war. QQ moar OP. Edited by wasitthechad

Yah it annoyed me before, but then I started doing it too.

you can only get battlemaster bags from the 2 pvp daily per day.

So I just need to get my 2 bags and I'm done for the day and I don't want to waste time joining a losing game.

ahh okay that makes sense then. I would do it to.

I leave at least 20 a day. And until they stop making it required to win warzones to finish weekly/daily quests, I will keep doing it.

Otherwise stop going in warzones wearing greens. Purples cost nothing.

This. If I pug I get stuck with bads who have no clue *** they are doing. Sorry, it is what it is.

I am a battlemaster who only needs bracers and belt.

I can only get bm bags from weekly/daily.

and why is that so important? getting those last two pieces isnt going to make much of a dif. so just have fun and pvp, and dont worry about gear so much. the gear will come eventually, and really, people overrate gear a great deal.

So how would you prefer the system work? (This question is directed to those quitting because they think they are going to lose.)

I'm not trying to be a dick when asking that question. I'm actually curious.

Would you prefer to have it be "10 Warzone matches played"? Obviously, if they made it nearly "played" as the completion requirement, they would have to significantly up the number of matches required for the daily. 10 for the Daily, and 50 for the Weekly sounds fair to me.

But, then you have the whole "welfare" argument that is creeping up in these forums. Why give someone a Bag for not-succeeding? What would be the point in that? Do they really deserve to be rewarded?

What if they made the quest "Play 9 Warzones, and win 3" You could have to play a minimum of 9 Warzones, if you won at least 3 of them. Or you could have to play more than 9 if you didn't win 3 of those. Keep playing until you win at least 3 and have played at least 9.

That doesn't seem to complicated given there are plenty of PvE quests that give you credit for killing a certain enemy, and credit for what you picked up off his body.

Would you warzone quitters (once again, not meant to be a derogatory term, you have the right to play this game however you want as long as it isn't exploiting IMO) prefer the first or second system I mentioned? Or would you prefer another system? Explain.

I feel it is imperative to again mention I am not attempting to me condescending or anything like that. I am actually curious. Not insults were intended in this post.

sometimes people disconect or have real life issues come up.

If a team member DCs it says <name> has disconnected(or something like that).

As far as actually quitting a group...

I could be on a 45 and have an entire team of 11s and I'll give it a shot.

What makes me quit is after seeing how a match is going to turn out.

Example: was on a mid 30s alt in huttball. Enemy team was trying to win. Me and one other guy were trying to win. Our other 6 people were in a little hunting party trying to farm kills by chasing individuals that came into the corner they were standing in. The 2 of us scored the first point so we were winning 1-0. Kill farmers continued to sit in the corner.

At that point I left. I'd rather queue back up and get a "team" rather than a partner and 6 ******* in the corner.

Two sides of the story.

People who leave when the game is slightly against their favor and they rather just quit then work hard for their win. These guys are the douchebags and I hope their character gets bugged and they lose all their ish.

Then there's the other people who are just doing the stupid daily grind that BW has forced on us. I know I had to quit the other day because the team I was on had no idea how to play Huttball and we we're down 4-0. With 15 mins left till server downtime, I had to make the choice to quit so I could latch on another WZ to get my last daily win. (P.S that's after 2 WZ wins bugged on me and I didn't get any credit)

I am a battlemaster who only needs bracers and belt.

I can only get bm bags from weekly/daily.

That's about the most elegant way to put it.

With warzones not counting, and cheating ****s who stealth plant bombs, I set up my premade, win seven, so three count, and I am gone.

If I am solo-queueing, and there are mouth-breathers with lvl 35 greens, sub-11k hp, and have no relics...I am gone.

The system Bioware dictates that I require seven wins so that three will count...I have no time to join 180-600, or 0-5 huttball farms, or *stalemates as attackers in Voidstar".

I thoroughly enjoy PvP, maybe not as much in this game, but I do want to experience all the VO storylines and level some alts, and I'd rather not spend the whole night playing thirty warzones to hope that the rest of the players aren't total *******s and that the game will count my wins.

If a team member DCs it says <name> has disconnected(or something like that).

As far as actually quitting a group...

I could be on a 45 and have an entire team of 11s and I'll give it a shot.

What makes me quit is after seeing how a match is going to turn out.

Example: was on a mid 30s alt in huttball. Enemy team was trying to win. Me and one other guy were trying to win. Our other 6 people were in a little hunting party trying to farm kills by chasing individuals that came into the corner they were standing in. The 2 of us scored the first point so we were winning 1-0. Kill farmers continued to sit in the corner.

At that point I left. I'd rather queue back up and get a "team" rather than a partner and 6 ******* in the corner.

i understand what you are saying, but form some people, especially in pre50 wzs, it takes a while for them to really understand the point of the game. so they just do the only thing they can think of and thats to kill the first red they see. yeah, their are people who just want to pad their medals, but you see that a little less in 50 wzs.

and the only way they are going to learn is if people stay and play and talk in chat, telling them what to do and stuff.

So how would you prefer the system work? (This question is directed to those quitting because they think they are going to lose.)

I woulod hope Bioware could fix some of the bugs first, then see what else needs tweaking. I've gone 12 wins straight with zero counting. I am being penalized for winning....?

I've had to play 27 matches just to get 3 wins to count!!! So yes, I think I have done my part by being in the queue so that others can get games to activate.

The 3 wins, 9 losses is too reminiscent of the TBC dailies, and I would prefer not to have that, but as long as the myriad of exploits in this game exist and the bugs too, I'm honestly for it, even if it seems like welfare catering, because its yet another bandaid on a major "bio-boo-boo"

The reason why leaving is a problem is because in all three of the maps once a side has an advantage most teams can't come back from it.

Plenty of Voidstar and Alderaan matches where the fight is basically over in the first 2 minutes and everything else after that is just losing.

Because of the map design in Alderaan for example it is very hard for an attacking team to take a point from the other team (especially the side points where you can fly directly to it).

That's why I leave matches.

But I will stay in the match if both sides have one end point and there is a big slugging match in the middle.

If I go into a Voidstar and the other team already is at the final door with 4 minutes to go, I'm gone. There's no point in staying.

The whole system is badly designed because if you don't score/cap in the first two minutes on all three of the WZs it is extremely hard to recover from it.

Personally I think it is because the maps are too small and 8v8s are too small. Was much more fun in beta when it was 16v16 (but they lowered it because Bioware coded this game badly and it performs badly on a lot of people's machines - even high end ones).

Edited by AidenPryde