Why all the assault cannons + cunning.

IMWylde

This is ridiculous. I would have thought a dev team of such size and scope as Bioware's would have their act together a little better then this. So many glaring faults the least of which is a bunch of item drops that wont work for the class designed to receive them.

+ cunning on assault cannons? Anyone want to explain this?

This is ridiculous. I would have thought a dev team of such size and scope as Bioware's would have their act together a little better then this. So many glaring faults the least of which is a bunch of item drops that wont work for the class designed to receive them.

My guess is they were planning on a companion that was Cunning primary when they came up with those. Most Troopers notice that Elara's still screwy in that regard- despite Aim being her primary attribute, most of her quest rewards are +Cunning gear.

For that matter, Aric started life with a sniper rifle and C2-N2 had a blaster pistol...

This really annoys me. It's not just Auto Cannons & Dorne's blaster quest rewards showing up with cunning. The other day I opened a level 50 treasure hunting lockbox and got a scattergun with +Aim. These things are stupid and easy to fix and shows me that we have a very lazy and/or incompetent design team, at least in this area.

The more you see of this stuff the more you have to think they needlessly changed things late and then rushed for the release before taking care of everything they overthrew with their late change. To be seen also with all the other annoyances that resulted from untested late changes.

This might be a relict of an earlier game version. I was testing half a year ago and the version we were testing didnt have "primary stats". Basically healers would stack presence to increase their healing and troopers for example had aim and cunning on most gear. Aric was idd a sniper then, pretty much like galt for the bounty hunter. So this may be an oversight on BW´s side. It shouldnt happen but it at least would explain why you find cunning assault canons:> Edited by Sayoko

I personally don't care why these amazing Cunning Cannons exist. I have 4 of them in my cargo hold at the moment, and am always trying to build my collection.

If you find a Cunning Cannon on the Mind Trick server, send it on over to FlippantFemShep with a reasonable CoD for some easy credits!

(I do not accept Orange cannons with +Cunning mods)

Edited by MildAnnoyance

Although he can't equip armour with a 'Trooper' requirement - which I found annoying given that he wields a huge auto cannon.

Just another reason why everyone seems to be rolling imp.

I want so badly to love this game. But it seems they work much less hard to keep us happy.

Although he can't equip armour with a 'Trooper' requirement - which I found annoying given that he wields a huge auto cannon.

Tell me about it, I found early a decent orange armor for my trooper that was better than my trooper orange one, so I though hey I'd give it to Elara no dice. Even though out of all your companions both elara and aric are just as much a trooper.

Just another reason why everyone seems to be rolling imp.

I want so badly to love this game. But it seems they work much less hard to keep us happy.

Itemization is all kinds of odd at this point, since not only do you have assault cannons with cunning, but some companions don't even see much more than the dead minimum of gear upgrades. It's what holds back many of them all the way to 50, not just Troopers.

Tell me about it, I found early a decent orange armor for my trooper that was better than my trooper orange one, so I though hey I'd give it to Elara no dice. Even though out of all your companions both elara and aric are just as much a trooper.

no...they're not Troopers. Their classes are "Elara Dorne" and "Aric Jorgen". All companions are a unique class of their own.

This really annoys me. It's not just Auto Cannons & Dorne's blaster quest rewards showing up with cunning. The other day I opened a level 50 treasure hunting lockbox and got a scattergun with +Aim. These things are stupid and easy to fix and shows me that we have a very lazy and/or incompetent design team, at least in this area.

Yep, calling devs lazy and incompetent will certainly get these issues addressed. I know I react very positively when people flame me.

/roll eyes

Yes, yes, I know that. No need to take it so seriously. I was simply refering that it's odd.

Can you imagine if people were rolling for class specific loot for companions and themselves above and beyond the already non class assigned loot. It makes complete sense.

It also makes any orange schematic you get of low initial level value and no specified class highly valuable to crafters on the auction because it can gear companions and charachters. $$$$.

Random items you get from boxes and drops are not specifically itemized. The base item has a certain amount of endurance/armor/weapon damage, but the exact itemization is completely randomized.

That's why you see Cunning BFGs or Cunning pieces with tanking stats on them. They are not meant to be used by anyone in particular - they are mostly vendor trash. Yes, it sucks when you buy a blue/epic box and something like that crawls out, but it's just RNG screwing you. It's not the devs not knowing what stats each class uses.

Items from the commendation vendors, or which drop in instances/raids are always correctly (if not ideally) itemized.

Random items you get from boxes and drops are not specifically itemized. The base item has a certain amount of endurance/armor/weapon damage, but the exact itemization is completely randomized.

That's why you see Cunning BFGs or Cunning pieces with tanking stats on them. They are not meant to be used by anyone in particular - they are mostly vendor trash. Yes, it sucks when you buy a blue/epic box and something like that crawls out, but it's just RNG screwing you. It's not the devs not knowing what stats each class uses.

Items from the commendation vendors, or which drop in instances/raids are always correctly (if not ideally) itemized.

^ This pretty much is my point as well.

no...they're not Troopers. Their classes are "Elara Dorne" and "Aric Jorgen". All companions are a unique class of their own.

And this sorta thing actually happens to all classes and their companions, not just us.

We notice it the most because nearly all of our companions wear the same kind of gear we do, even if they have specialized roles.

If i'm not mistaken. The Cunning Cannons are a left over from way back in Beta before they changed each class to its own main stat. Back then, Combat medic Commando's used Cunning as their primary stat. These weapons are still leftovers from the old days.

If i'm not mistaken. The Cunning Cannons are a left over from way back in Beta before they changed each class to its own main stat. Back then, Combat medic Commando's used Cunning as their primary stat. These weapons are still leftovers from the old days.

Elara's gear still has Cunning on it- even after they changed her main stat to Aim. Behold, the fruits of radically changing characters in a hurry.

Don't feel bad there are shotguns with +AIM wich is just as much a fail, as as far as I know neither Imp or repub have mains or companions that use such